Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1545462 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #15990 on: April 06, 2016, 03:34:00 pm »

It doesn't have to be Hillary being directly involved, if she is indirectly involved or it turns out be someone close to the family or a former staffer, it can still hurt her, and the Republicans will make as much red meat as possible out of it during the general.

I saw somewhere that the full list is going to be released in May, or maybe that was by May, not sure.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #15991 on: April 06, 2016, 03:38:36 pm »

You don't need evidence here. I've already seen Sanders supporters condemning her for being directly involved. Hey, this could be the left-wing Benghazi! I've always wanted one of those.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15992 on: April 06, 2016, 03:41:46 pm »

You don't need evidence here. I've already seen Sanders supporters condemning her for being directly involved. Hey, this could be the left-wing Benghazi! I've always wanted one of those.

I thought that was just wall street, not the offshoring? Also, AFAIK, they're condemning her without proof as far as the Panama Papers go.

edit: wait... I think I found it....

Anybody know what the reputation and bias is of The Daily Caller? Not going to link the article because theres at least two NSFW
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
images on the side that can show up and I don't want to get anybody (or myself) into trouble.

Other links:
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/04/a-word-about-the-panama-papers.php

Theres also a bunch of hits from comments and ancedotal stuff.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:03:32 pm by smjjames »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #15993 on: April 06, 2016, 04:46:47 pm »

I will not pretend to impartiality. I have only truthiness on my side. Lacking in fact, my expectation is nonetheless that she's in there SOMEWHERE.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15994 on: April 06, 2016, 05:45:35 pm »

I will not pretend to impartiality. I have only truthiness on my side. Lacking in fact, my expectation is nonetheless that she's in there SOMEWHERE.

Imagine if Bernie was involved and she wasn't.
She'd ring him up at 2AM every night and cackle for ten minutes.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15995 on: April 06, 2016, 05:46:57 pm »

I mean, wouldn't you?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15996 on: April 06, 2016, 05:50:36 pm »

If thats it, I wouldn't call it nsfw. But its probably not that alone if you have to point it out as nsfw.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15997 on: April 06, 2016, 06:01:22 pm »

If thats it, I wouldn't call it nsfw. But its probably not that alone if you have to point it out as nsfw.

Theres a bunch of sexy hollywood star pics and maybe some models. Just didn't want to get anybody in trouble.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15999 on: April 06, 2016, 06:03:10 pm »

So your Bayesian prior is strong.  We noticed.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16000 on: April 06, 2016, 06:08:12 pm »

Anybody know what the reputation and bias is of The Daily Caller?

There's a site called SourceWatch which collates details of who runs what, which foundations provide support for them etc. Google "sourcewatch daily caller" to get some background info on them. That'll give you some names of people who run it, which you can then google to get a good idea of what sort of biases they might have. But in the case of Daily Caller, you don't really need to google the names.

Daily Caller was started as a response tool to the Huffington Post - basically if HP writes an article, they were there to write a contradictory article. That makes them similar to Media Matters in some articles. Media Matters was started by an ex-"FOX News" type guy who jumped ship and revealed the bullshit of the conservative media from an insider's point of view, basically saying he started to be sickened by all the crooked reporting and couldn't do it any more.

So Daily Caller is sort of like a right-wing Media Matters, attacking "lamestream" journalists. I thought I found a progessive article on Daily Caller right now, but the entire thing was some sort of hypocritical bullshit:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/06/malaysia-jails-gays-but-paypal-still-opened-an-office-there/
"Malaysia Jails Gays But PayPal Still Opened An Office There"

I mean, WTF is this story? Thousands of American business operate in Malaysia, what's the deal singling out PayPal?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:15:03 pm by Reelya »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #16001 on: April 06, 2016, 06:09:48 pm »

Who watches the SourceWatch?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16002 on: April 06, 2016, 06:12:25 pm »

Their elite liberal parent group, the Center for Media and Democracy.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16003 on: April 06, 2016, 06:16:16 pm »

Who watches the SourceWatch?

Sure, that's why I said to take names from SourceWatch, then google around further for context. SourceWatch is a good site to get leads on information to work out who's who. They do have pages on both left and right wing groups, including themselves:

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Center_for_Media_and_Democracy

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16004 on: April 06, 2016, 06:25:20 pm »

tp://dailycaller.com/2016/04/06/malaysia-jails-gays-but-paypal-still-opened-an-office-there/
"Malaysia Jails Gays But PayPal Still Opened An Office There"

I mean, WTF is this story? Thousands of American business operate in Malaysia, what's the deal singling out PayPal?
It's because PayPal cancelled their plans to open a new location in NC after the "anti-discrimination law" got passed.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 [1067] 1068 1069 ... 1342