Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1548663 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #15480 on: March 25, 2016, 11:06:28 am »

The N. Ireland nationalism thing ties into a long standing religious divide as much as, if not more than, anything else. Lot of baggage to do with the conflict between the Catholics and the Church of England/Protestants over there, some of which bled over to other parts of the UK. The only thing an Irishman hates more than an Englishman is another bloody Irishman you could say.  :P

In order to make N. Ireland want to leave the Queen would probably need to ride through their streets on a chariot with bladed wheels whipping them with a flail of human teeth only to be stopped by the Pope teamed up with the Republic of Ireland's President in a power rangers Megazord.

One day, Owlbread will return from the ether and see this post. Know that on that day your reckoning will come in plaid skirts and screaming.

Oi, there's more than one Scotnat on this forum.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15481 on: March 25, 2016, 11:07:02 am »

Many flooded Twitter with jokes, because sometimes only memes can help to make sense of supposed spilt tea. Some users posted pictures of Clorox bleach to metaphorically erase the mental image from their minds. Wrote one user, "That moment when you realize Ted's getting more action [than] you!"
http://news.yahoo.com/alleged-ted-cruz-sex-scandal-133900795.html
ONLY MEMES

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15482 on: March 25, 2016, 11:12:02 am »

One day, Owlbread will return from the ether and see this post. Know that on that day your reckoning will come in plaid skirts and screaming.

Oi, there's more than one Scotnat on this forum.

+1

or +2, in this instance...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15483 on: March 25, 2016, 11:16:14 am »

Given that Dear Nigel's main only policies are, in order, getting us out of the EU and buying us a pint being allowed more than one MP, that would surprise me, but perhaps you're right. For my part, at least, I'm certainly backing a Brexit.

'UKIP type' sounds awfully reductive by the way, and a little bit sinister. It conjures up pictures of muscly roughspun villains out of some Deliverance-alike movie lurching over, telling me that I look lost (and perhaps have a pretty mouth), and that I seem like one of them dirty UKIP types.
Well, I *am* Southern....boy.

Nah, I meant the "BNP-lite" crowd. BNP is where you go when you want to get your hate on, UKIP is where you go when you want to be edgy, but not go full shithead. Never go full shithead. Sort of "country club racism", where you can talk shit about the Poles while a Pole cleans the shit out of your plumbing.

In any case we should probably move this to the Europol thread. Or Brexit should probably get its own thread entirely.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15484 on: March 25, 2016, 11:17:25 am »

In any case we should probably move this to the Europol thread. Or Brexit should probably get its own thread entirely.

+1

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15485 on: March 25, 2016, 11:18:25 am »

Mfw I am actually Jeremy Corbyn
mfw I have no face
If we don't leave the EU I'm going to leave

Probably to Africa

Maybe try digging underneath the Trump wall to reach freedomland

Well, I *am* Southern....boy.
Nah, I meant the "BNP-lite" crowd. BNP is where you go when you want to get your hate on, UKIP is where you go when you want to be edgy, but not go full shithead. Never go full shithead. Sort of "country club racism", where you can talk shit about the Poles while a Pole cleans the shit out of your plumbing.
Nah m8 UKIP is Poles complaining that Romanians are stealing their pipes for copper money

New thread sounds fun

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15486 on: March 25, 2016, 11:18:47 am »

Gosh, no, please, keep them here.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15487 on: March 25, 2016, 11:20:43 am »

Oh yeah, it's all fun and games for you lot to cheer on Trump, but bring up Farage and they're all "Hey now, this is the future of a NATION we're talking about!".
Check your privilege britlord
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15488 on: March 25, 2016, 11:24:04 am »

Seriously?? Damn....how bad do you have to fuck up for Northern Ireland to say, "Uhh....you know what, we'll take our chances with Ireland. Thanks for all the troops and money the last 90+ years, but piss off Mother England."

You really need to double check the history there: poverty is in fact worse in North Ireland than it is in the south:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/poverty-levels-in-north-higher-than-in-republic-1.1736881
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-21506734
"West Belfast 'second highest in UK for child poverty'"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_OECD_regions_by_GDP_%28PPP%29_per_capita
Northern Ireland is the poorest of all regions in Ireland, and second-poorest in the UK. That doesn't sound like the UK connection is doing them any favors economically. Average GDP (PPP per capita) of the rest of Ireland is almost 2x what it is in Northern Ireland, despite Northern Ireland being much more heavily urbanized (which should in theory lead to more wealth generation).

Here's a direct country comparison:
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/ireland/gdp-per-capita-ppp
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/gdp-per-capita

Irish Republic citizens nix the entire UK for per capita income. So yeah, "Piss off Mother England, you've kept us poor and treated us like second class citizens for too long!" would be a valid sentiment.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:37:00 am by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15489 on: March 25, 2016, 11:27:21 am »

Oh yeah, it's all fun and games for you lot to cheer on Trump, but bring up Farage and they're all "Hey now, this is the future of a NATION we're talking about!".
Check your privilege britlord
One can appreciate the French just as Nigey loves his German wif

Being British is not about bashing the wine (they've suffered enough anyways), it's about treasuring the beer

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15490 on: March 25, 2016, 11:32:15 am »

In an attempt to rerail this back across the Atlantic, I will say that Farage seems to have a proclivity to making ridiculous facial expressions, much like a certain orange-furred prosimian running for higher office in our fair land.

@LW: Yeah, and the Brits (like the Russians) have always gotten their best leaders from Germany.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15491 on: March 25, 2016, 11:39:48 am »

Liberate? Do you even have any resources left* to pillage?
* In Europe, since "Eurabia" isn't a place that exists
Eurabia is the landmass from Scandinavia to Arabia, c'mon American geography must be able to grasp where all the freedom bombs land
Also we have human resources

> TED CRUZ HIDING FIVE MISTRESSES, CLAIMS TABLOID, DONALD TRUMP, AND MEDIA ALLIED WITH DONALD TRUMP

MRW:

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15492 on: March 25, 2016, 12:07:08 pm »

Hahaha you don't know why I specified scandinavia

Londonistan would also suffice

Not Iceland, the weirdos

In an attempt to rerail this back across the Atlantic, I will say that Farage seems to have a proclivity to making ridiculous facial expressions, much like a certain orange-furred prosimian running for higher office in our fair land.
Farage though does not seem to be as el teflon don
I hope he learns these skills
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2016/mar/24/donald-trump-britain-will-vote-to-leave-eu-video
Subtle endorsement of the UK by Donald Trump

@LW: Yeah, and the Brits (like the Russians) have always gotten their best leaders from Germany.  :P
Victoria the real MVP

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15493 on: March 25, 2016, 12:58:00 pm »

The whole National Enquirer thing is exploding: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/ted-cruz-trump-national-enquirer-221241

Anybody want to bet that the origins of this (whether it's true or not) isn't coming from the Trump campaign itself? The Trump campaign has denied that it's even true, so, this is just going to have to let itself play out.

Would be nice if cooler heads prevailed and someone tried to find out if it's actually true or not and where the 'sources' are from. Tabloid or not.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15494 on: March 25, 2016, 01:09:00 pm »

tbh trump's campaign denying that something is true doesn't exclude trump saying that something IS true later on

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 1342