Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1548677 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #14835 on: March 16, 2016, 06:07:23 pm »

Tell me then, what is the true meaning behind these passages?

An ex secret service agent badmouthed Hillary Clinton for personal enjoyment and personal profit.

Except it's not just him, as you can plainly see from the quotes as posted. Unless you're going full tinfoil and suggesting he made those people up, or used people's names without their agreeing to it and nobody noticed.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14836 on: March 16, 2016, 06:09:37 pm »

An ex secret service agent badmouthed Hillary Clinton for personal enjoyment and personal profit.

Except it's not just him, as you can plainly see from the quotes as posted. Unless you're going full tinfoil and suggesting he made those people up, or used people's names without their agreeing to it and nobody noticed.

The fact that it's a tabloid news site undermines the whole thing anyway, might as well be gossip.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14837 on: March 16, 2016, 06:10:16 pm »

I'm Amazed that people are only just realising that Clinton is Bizzarobamarina 2: the blandening.

Don't worry though, if you feel the Bern hard enough it might become true that she's unpop and being pushed over the democratic will of the people by super delegates.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14838 on: March 16, 2016, 06:12:43 pm »

Dorsidwarf, she has been saying for a long time now that she wishes to continue Obama's policies in general.

Also, her main PAC has decided to stop funding stuff beyond Arizona, which I think is tactically and stragetically a big mistake for the Clinton campaign.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 06:14:36 pm by smjjames »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14839 on: March 16, 2016, 06:15:01 pm »

Dorsidwarf, she has been saying for a long time now that she wishes to continue Obama's policies in general.

That's why I'm amazed.

She's literally, and always has been, Less-pleasant Obama With Center Lean
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14840 on: March 16, 2016, 06:15:35 pm »

The fact that it's a tabloid news site undermines the whole thing anyway, might as well be gossip.

Isn't it you that complains about people blindly believing that things are fake because cynicism is cool? Entirely writing off a primary source because I happened to link to it through a site you don't like is absurd.

Fuck it, believe what you want. I'm getting too salty about this.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14841 on: March 16, 2016, 06:17:32 pm »

Again, I'm not seeing much difference in the end result.

Well that's two of us.  I too expect glacial, incremental progress under either candidate.  I just expect Clinton to spend more time inching forward and less time spinning her wheels.

Isn't it you that complains about people blindly believing that things are fake because cynicism is cool?

I believe that would be me?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14842 on: March 16, 2016, 06:20:44 pm »

The difference in end results here isn't on one issue - in mainiac's hypothetical Hillary and Bernie accomplish the same thing in healthcare, but Hillary has much more time to move onto other issues. So from this perspective a Sanders presidency would make similar practical improvements as a Clinton one, but far fewer of them, because much more time will be spent arguing each issue to get to something passable.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 06:23:17 pm by penguinofhonor »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14843 on: March 16, 2016, 06:20:54 pm »

Isn't it you that complains about people blindly believing that things are fake because cynicism is cool? Entirely writing off a primary source because I happened to link to it through a site you don't like is absurd.

Fuck it, believe what you want. I'm getting too salty about this.

I.... think that's mijan? Not sure what you meant by that, but I'll drop the issue.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14844 on: March 16, 2016, 07:13:41 pm »

That's why I'm amazed.

She's literally, and always has been, Less-pleasant Obama With Center Lean

Hell, that was her in 2008, at least she's consistent... I remember 2008, literally the only difference I could find between her and Obama's campaigns at the time was that he wanted mandated insurance in the ACA and she didn't in her version. Their plans were almost identical otherwise.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14845 on: March 16, 2016, 07:15:31 pm »

Her subordinates speak very poorly of her,

Not only is nypost a tabloid, but it's a tabloid with British ownership. So you are taking tabloids which are famous for smears and british journalism which is famous for smears and combining them.

Oh, ninja'd.

British? Murdoch is Australian-born, but legally he's American now. He just owns papers on three+ continents. The common connection with his rags is "Murdoch" not "Britain". He grew his inherited paper from one to hundreds using his own formula of sports + scandals. He just exports that model wherever he treads.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 07:22:58 pm by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14846 on: March 16, 2016, 07:19:22 pm »

Yeah you've confused British press with Murdoch press, and Murdoch press is famous for releasing sex scandals of celebrities

"The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That's the conflict here," Curly Haugland, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota, told CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Wednesday. He even questioned why primaries and caucuses are held.
Haugland is one of 112 Republican delegates who are not required to cast their support for any one candidate because their states and territories don't hold primaries or caucuses.
Even with Trump's huge projected delegate haul in four state primaries Tuesday, the odds are increasing the billionaire businessman may not ultimately get the 1,237 delegates needed to claim the GOP nomination before the convention.
 This could lead to a brokered convention, in which unbound delegates, like Haugland, could play a significant swing role on the first ballot to choose a nominee.
Most delegates bound by their state's primary or caucus results are only committed on the first ballot. If subsequent ballots are needed, virtually all of the delegates can vote any way they want, said Gary Emineth, another unbound delegate from North Dakota.
"It could introduce Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, or it could be the other candidates that have already been in the race and are now out of the race [such as] Mike Huckabee [or] Rick Santorum. All those people could eventually become candidates on the floor," Emineth said.

Lol Washington was right, anime political parties were a mistake

Doesn't matter, as Zeus has imbued Trump's campaign WITH HIGH ENERGY

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14847 on: March 16, 2016, 07:23:42 pm »

Well, the delegates are technically proxies of the voters, so....

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14848 on: March 16, 2016, 07:27:27 pm »

How are these delegates selected? Do they get voted on?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 07:30:20 pm by Reelya »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14849 on: March 16, 2016, 07:28:51 pm »

Hell, that was her in 2008, at least she's consistent... I remember 2008, literally the only difference I could find between her and Obama's campaigns at the time was that he wanted mandated insurance in the ACA and she didn't in her version. Their plans were almost identical otherwise.

You have it backwards.  Obama came out against the individual mandate.  Once elected, he flipped on the issue (because the bill wouldn't work without it.)

British? Murdoch is Australian-born, but legally he's American now.

Like I care which brand of tea he drinks.  They're all frogs.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 1342