Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1543687 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #13245 on: March 02, 2016, 04:28:19 pm »

Here, I just checked politifact. Draw your own conclusions about who is least truthful between Trump and Hillary:

Trump is a ridiculous liar but politifact isn't really a systematic comparison for honesty.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13246 on: March 02, 2016, 05:27:17 pm »

Carson is ending his campaign: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/politico-breaking-news-carson-says-he-sees-no-political-path-to-gop-nomination-220142

Would have been great if he dropped out before super tuesday, who knows what the margins might have been.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:29:39 pm by smjjames »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13247 on: March 02, 2016, 05:31:56 pm »

He didn't actually say he was quitting, though, did he? You never know, maybe God will deliver the election still, by, let's say, hacking all the remaining voting machines?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13248 on: March 02, 2016, 05:42:08 pm »

The hope of rapid impeachment, presumably.

In that thread of thought... wonder who he'll pick for running-mate? All "trump/trump's-hair 2016" jokes aside. I'm ready for another forum guessing game... would it be too easy to guess Sarah Palin???

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13249 on: March 02, 2016, 05:46:02 pm »

The hope of rapid impeachment, presumably.

In that thread of thought... wonder who he'll pick for running-mate? All "trump/trump's-hair 2016" jokes aside. I'm ready for another forum guessing game... would it be too easy to guess Sarah Palin???

I would not even bat an eyelash if he nominated his son as his running mate.

Then again, he son seems to have a penchant for occasional honesty which his father doesn't seem to share.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13250 on: March 02, 2016, 05:47:53 pm »

Yeah you're right, he stopped short of officially saying he is dropping out, but is going to do a formal announcement on Friday. He's also skipping the republican debate tomorrow.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13251 on: March 02, 2016, 05:48:41 pm »

You know what I think the crashing VP revelation is going to be? Marco Rubio.

Think about it:

-Is a political insider, like Trump said.
-Preexisting bromance during debate season.
-Covers several demographics Trump has low-access to, most notably hispanics.
-Generally at least one member of a ticket is hot, Trump definitely doesn't have it anymore but nobody can deny Rubio's tight hot vaguely-brown ass.
-Still out of left field enough to be a Trumpism.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13252 on: March 02, 2016, 05:50:56 pm »

He did mention at one point that he wanted a "political insider". And Chris Christie seems to be angling for it. Nevada/New Jersey 2016?

When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13253 on: March 02, 2016, 05:56:59 pm »

Think about it:

-Generally at least one member of a ticket is hot, Trump definitely doesn't have it anymore but nobody can deny Rubio's tight hot vaguely-brown ass.

I could see that happening in a brokered convention, or maybe Cruz. Though the establishment going with a Cruz-Rubio or Rubio-Cruz ticket and dumping Trump in a contested convention seems more likely.

He did mention at one point that he wanted a "political insider". And Chris Christie seems to be angling for it. Nevada/New Jersey 2016?

Trump's home state is New York, not Nevada.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13254 on: March 02, 2016, 06:01:07 pm »

I think Trump/Christie would produce one of those administrations that seems good on paper but is riven internally by strife. Those two have giant egos, are "big tough talkin' guis" and I imagine Christie would not deal with playing second fiddle to Trump very well.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13255 on: March 02, 2016, 06:04:03 pm »

Hello darkness, my old friend.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13256 on: March 02, 2016, 06:07:57 pm »

Here, I just checked politifact. Draw your own conclusions about who is least truthful between Trump and Hillary:
Politifact is biased as hell and I've heard it's notorious for skewing "facts". It's like taking Fox seriously. Or HuffPost opinion articles. I at least have heard it's slanted towards the left, so go figure that they'd have Sanders and Clinton as mostly truthful and Trump as mostly lying. Probably other republican candidates as well. I'd take their information with a grain of salt and then check other sources rather than rely on them solely for a scale of "who's the biggest political liar".

He did mention at one point that he wanted a "political insider". And Chris Christie seems to be angling for it.
After Christie backed Trump I recall him being asked what his plans for the future after the election were. He was saying that he expected to finish his term as governor and then retire from politics to pursue his dream of starting a business or something. No mention of vice president or cabinet positions or anything.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13257 on: March 02, 2016, 06:11:50 pm »

Think about it:

His daughter:
-Corporate insider :P
-If she wasn't his daughter he woulda...
-Definitely hot
-In your heart you know he would

> politifact is biased as hell, of course they say trump is lying
What.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13258 on: March 02, 2016, 06:13:25 pm »

Trump's home state is New York, not Nevada.
Crap, you're right; I knew that. It's just... his very presence screams Vegas.

After Christie backed Trump I recall him being asked what his plans for the future after the election were. He was saying that he expected to finish his term as governor and then retire from politics to pursue his dream of starting a business or something. No mention of vice president or cabinet positions or anything.
Ah well. That's my one guess out of the way, then. Doesn't sit quite right, though; I can't imagine Christie not being a political lifer.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13259 on: March 02, 2016, 06:20:30 pm »

> politifact is biased as hell, of course they say trump is lying
What.
Just saying that I would not personally rely on Politifact alone for determining how truthful a political figure is.

Their website setup seems kinda sketchy as well, now that I think about it. Taking quotes that political figures have made, taking them out of context, interpreting the accuracy of those quotes based on the views and/or knowledge of whomever's reviewing the "fact" at the moment, then putting all the results in an easy to read graph of numbers for people to quickly look at. Seems like an easy way to make easy-to-read propaganda.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 1342