Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1545104 times)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #12195 on: February 20, 2016, 01:43:55 pm »

Refugees aren't actually people to Europollers right now, mainiac, sorry. Which is why I stopped following the thread. :V
Most of the immigrants aren't refugees. No European country has any moral or legal obligation to care for them, because they aren't human beings.
Okay.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12196 on: February 20, 2016, 01:48:42 pm »

Is the real problem then that Barack Obama does not take selfies with the people he helped as Merkel did?

Already asked and answered.  The judges will deduct style points from you in the final score.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12197 on: February 20, 2016, 01:52:02 pm »

Most of the immigrants aren't refugees. No European country has any moral or legal obligation to care for them, because they aren't human beings.
Okay.
Sieg heil mein Willfurher, moral superior of the Murrican interior!

Gotta check that premature Godwin with a doctor m9, once you pass Turkey and Greece and move on to Germany you've left safe countries to beeline for the rich one for a reason.

Is the real problem then that Barack Obama does not take selfies with the people he helped as Merkel did?
Already asked and answered.  The judges will deduct style points from you in the final score.
The terrible thing is, the score is shown. Merkel is deified for helping 500,000, whilst everyone attacks Barack Obama for not having helped more even though he helped hundreds of millions more. Style is everything :(

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12198 on: February 20, 2016, 01:53:46 pm »

No, I dont think you understand.  You are repeating questions that have been answered.  Merkel didn't make you do that.  You can't blame politicians for your choice to be rude on the internet.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12199 on: February 20, 2016, 01:58:16 pm »

Okay.
Sieg heil mein Willfurher, moral superior of the Murrican interior!

Gotta check that premature Godwin with a doctor m9, once you pass Turkey and Greece and move on to Germany you've left safe countries to beeline for the rich one for a reason.
Man, I like how you go right to the Nazi references, but I am not entirely sure if you're calling me the Nazi, or Europe? I also like how any mention at all of racism is linked with Nazi-ism, as if ordinary people can't be racist. White people so sensitive! Do you need your safe space of a Europol thread back?
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #12200 on: February 20, 2016, 02:02:50 pm »

If people could cut back on the shit slinging? Thanks.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12201 on: February 20, 2016, 02:03:38 pm »

If people could cut back on the shit slinging? Thanks.
Sorry.

Let's get back to the Nevada stuff.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12202 on: February 20, 2016, 02:07:53 pm »

... LW, you do realize that germany is still doing foreign aid spending, despite all the stuff that's going on in their own turf, right? Easiest numbers to compare seem to be from '13, where they were spending about a third the US was in raw dollars (and that's with less than a third the population and a lower per capita gdp to boot), and so far as I'm aware neither country has shifted output too much in the couple years since. Merkel's doing just fine on the helping hundreds of millions front, apparently, in addition to getting her country to actually take in refugees.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12203 on: February 20, 2016, 02:11:11 pm »

No, I dont think you understand.  You are repeating questions that have been answered.
I haven't accused you of asking questions that have been answered and I received no answer for my question, your reply thereafter was about how you wished to sabotage borders and did not address the whole thing about the USA getting more heat for doing more whilst Germany focused on good PR and helped less, which is at the crux of this whole thread of conversation. With people complaining the USA is inactive when they are doing the most, damn that has got to suck for Americans coordinating the relief aid.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
... LW, you do realize that germany is still doing foreign aid spending, despite all the stuff that's going on in their own turf, right? Easiest numbers to compare seem to be from '13, where they were spending about a third the US was in raw dollars (and that's with less than a third the population and a lower per capita gdp to boot), and so far as I'm aware neither country has shifted output too much in the couple years since. Merkel's doing just fine on the helping hundreds of millions front, apparently, in addition to getting her country to actually take in refugees.
I'm also aware most of that goes towards the EU and not to Turkey or Lebanon that is in turn used to fund accommodation for the lucky who made it Germany. As the richest nation in Europe, Germany should be spending so much more on aid.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12204 on: February 20, 2016, 02:12:11 pm »

So Nevade caucus today should answer a lot of questions and then create a lot more question.  I need RedKing here so we can get to the bickering that really matters.

Oh brother, where art thou?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12206 on: February 20, 2016, 02:15:18 pm »

Nevada caucuses started about 20 minutes ago. We may see some entrance polling soon, though that's less reliable than exit polling, since late-deciders may still change their mind once inside.

And seriously guys? Move the Germany/Merkel stuff back over to europol master thread. We didn't fight a war for independence just so we could have Europe's problems pushed back in our faces all the time.  :P We gots plenty of our own problems.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 02:19:03 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12207 on: February 20, 2016, 02:18:28 pm »

A lot of news is gonna be well nigh useless.  2/3rds of the population lives in Clark County (Vegas) while half the rest lives in Washoe (New Reno) so if we get reports from other counties, they're basically telling us nothing.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12208 on: February 20, 2016, 02:20:44 pm »

1/1000 on Jeb Bush dark horse victory

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12209 on: February 20, 2016, 02:21:07 pm »

I will bet against him at those odds.

Here's my counter offer, I will bet a pack of gum against the life of my firstborn child that Bush isn't the winner of today's caucus.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 02:24:47 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1342