Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1496267 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #10920 on: February 02, 2016, 12:57:06 am »

I'm finding it a little strange that after watching the caucus results come in for four hours, the Democrat register totals have constantly shown Clinton 3-to-8 points ahead of Sanders.

And it's still only 97% in.  I don't know how caucuses are counted, but this is getting silly.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: February 02, 2016, 12:59:10 am »

I'm finding it a little strange that after watching the caucus results come in for four hours, the Democrat register totals have constantly shown Clinton 3-to-8 points ahead of Sanders.

Hm?  They have been less then 1% apart for a couple hours at least now.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: February 02, 2016, 01:01:22 am »

(response to removed stuff removed)

97% reporting, and the Clinton lead holds at 0.3%. Barring a surge in the last remaining precincts in Cedar Rapids and Des Moines, I'd say Clinton won this by a hair in the state delegate count, and thanks to superdelegates, won by about +7 in the overall delegate count. Which, if Martin O'Malley endorses Sanders, would turn it back into a tie.

Both sides will spin it as a victory, and both have some validity to that statement.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:28:14 am by Toady One »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: February 02, 2016, 01:02:29 am »

And it's still only 97% in.  I don't know how caucuses are counted, but this is getting silly.

The whole Florida 2000 debacle with the hanging chads and stuff was also silly, to be honest.

Also, apparently 90 precincts weren't correctly staffed (whatever that means) according to Sanders campaign and they want to 'recreate' the results (not sure what that entails) in some precincts. I think that just basically means they want to do a second or third check on the numbers.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #10924 on: February 02, 2016, 01:29:26 am »

Deleted many posts.  You can keep trying, but try not to put your accounts at risk.  Relax and enjoy the ongoing process.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: February 02, 2016, 01:31:47 am »

Hm?  They have been less then 1% apart for a couple hours at least now.

Not percentage, vote wise.  I don't actually know what a "vote" is in a caucus, but the results I'm looking at now show Clinton with 694 to Sanders' 692.  I think they're caucusing locations or something, I heard there were about 1500 of them.

I'm listening to a replay of Cruz's victory speech, and he's mostly rambling about local campaign workers, all of whom sound like they really need a good personal life, like the guy who quit his job to work for the campaign.

And now he's thanking Rick Perry and Glenn Beck.  Good for you, Ted.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10926 on: February 02, 2016, 01:32:51 am »

Deleted many posts.  You can keep trying, but try not to put your accounts at risk.  Relax and enjoy the ongoing process.

We can keep trying what? Seems to have been the heated thing between maniac and a few of us (which I thought could have used a 'yo, chill!' from Toady One, but not really post deletions.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #10927 on: February 02, 2016, 01:35:15 am »

We can keep trying what? Seems to have been the heated thing between maniac and a few of us (which I thought could have used a 'yo, chill!' from Toady One, but not really post deletions.

Keep trying to have this thread.  If people keep fighting, there won't be one.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: February 02, 2016, 01:49:31 am »

Well okay then. Any word on when we might get final results? I know that the results for last time (in the republican race) went back and forth a couple of times.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: February 02, 2016, 01:53:10 am »

Not tonight, that's probably for sure. This is going to take a while.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: February 02, 2016, 02:02:53 am »

538's live blog just ended (for the night, anyways):

HARRY ENTEN 1:54 AM
That's It, Folks (Well, For A Couple Hours, Anyway)
Okay folks, we’re shutting down the live blog. The Democratic race remains unresolved with 12 precincts yet to be counted. It is unclear when we will get those results. For now, Hillary Clinton maintains a 49.9 percent to 49.6 percent lead over Bernie Sanders in state delegate equivalents. For all intents and purposes, the race is basically a tie. We’ll have more analysis as to what that means, as well as the implications of Ted Cruz’s victory over Donald Trump — and the strong third place finish for Marco Rubio — over the next few days.

Thanks for sticking with us!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: February 02, 2016, 09:32:54 am »

Jeb Bush and his PAC blew 14.1 million dollars on ads in Iowa:

According to ad-buy data collected by Morning Consult, Bush and his super PAC, Right to Rise, have spent about $14.1 million on ads in Iowa. That's more money than any other presidential candidate has spent in the state. And ultimately, the return on investment for Bush was dismal.

Since he received just 2.8 percent of the vote in Iowa Monday night -- and walked away with zero delegates -- Bush ended up spending about $2,800 per vote.

That's about 18 times as much money as first-place winner Ted Cruz spent for each vote he received. It's also 34 times as much as silver medalist Donald Trump spent, and 10 times the amount spent by third-place winner Marco Rubio.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: February 02, 2016, 09:49:33 am »

Interesting: Apparently Trump is the most efficient candidate money-wise...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: February 02, 2016, 09:55:19 am »

In part because of all the free media coverage he gets.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: February 02, 2016, 10:06:06 am »

According to ABC, Huckabee suspended his campaign.  I believe he did so before midnight but if he did so after midnight, people should tell me because it will affect the scores of the Republican hunger games.  No one has made the first three predictions perfectly.

Most interesting thing about Huckabee: Huckabee sounds huckleberry which was a 19th century slang for a small, insignificant or forgettable thing.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:10:05 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 1342