Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1543888 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #10905 on: February 01, 2016, 11:14:58 pm »

From David Wassermann on 538:
"Let’s check in on something that we haven’t touched on in a bit: GOP delegate math. If current results hold up, Cruz will win 8 delegates, Trump and Rubio 7 delegates each. By our estimates, Cruz and Trump needed 12 to be “on track” for the nomination, and Rubio needed 10. Granted, Iowa accounts for just 1.2 percent of all delegates to the GOP convention. However, so far Rubio is 70 percent on track, Cruz is 67 percent on track, and Trump is only 58 percent on track."

If the three-way split pattern holds up into Super Tuesday, then a brokered convention could very well become inevitable.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10906 on: February 01, 2016, 11:20:30 pm »

"Let’s check in on something that we haven’t touched on in a bit: GOP delegate math. If current results hold up, Cruz will win 8 delegates, Trump and Rubio 7 delegates each. By our estimates, Cruz and Trump needed 12 to be “on track” for the nomination, and Rubio needed 10. Granted, Iowa accounts for just 1.2 percent of all delegates to the GOP convention. However, so far Rubio is 70 percent on track, Cruz is 67 percent on track, and Trump is only 58 percent on track."

If the three-way split pattern holds up into Super Tuesday, then a brokered convention could very well become inevitable.

Trump and Rubio would be tied with 7 delegates but Rubio would have a 12% lead over Trump and 3% lead on Cruz, who has 1 more delegate than Rubio. I don't get it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10907 on: February 01, 2016, 11:22:37 pm »

Trump and Rubio would be tied with 7 delegates but Rubio would have a 12% lead over Trump and 3% lead on Cruz, who has 1 more delegate than Rubio. I don't get it.

Don't ask me, ask the person who said it. *shrug* Might have to do with endorsements.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: February 01, 2016, 11:23:26 pm »

They're looking at predicted margins of victory (and subsequent delegate count) in upcoming races. For instance, Cruz will likely fare exceedingly poorly in New Hampshire, while Rubio will fare well in Florida. Cruz doesn't necessarily have the same strong showing in Texas.

EDIT: Which means it's pretty much all bullshit this far out. Math in those other contests will change tremendously between now and Super Tuesday.

EDIT#2: Gilmore picked up another vote, people! We're up to 12 now! #GilMoarVotes
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:28:53 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10909 on: February 01, 2016, 11:39:21 pm »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10910 on: February 01, 2016, 11:40:27 pm »

Speeches just finished. Ted cruz makes it very obvious that he is a christian.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10911 on: February 01, 2016, 11:41:26 pm »

Some weird math going on with the Dem totals....Clinton went from 0.2% up to 0.8% up, and now back to 0.2% with just 1% more precincts reporting.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10912 on: February 01, 2016, 11:45:08 pm »

Some weird math going on with the Dem totals....Clinton went from 0.2% up to 0.8% up, and now back to 0.2% with just 1% more precincts reporting.

Well, the numbers are very close, so, a small change is going to look large this close together.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10913 on: February 01, 2016, 11:45:46 pm »

Even if she wins, she already didn't win by enough to sustain the hype. Or so I can only hope.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10914 on: February 01, 2016, 11:49:08 pm »

Well, the numbers are very close, so, a small change is going to look large this close together.
Except that with more votes, 0.6% should be a larger and larger number. Ohhhhh, except that the Dems aren't counting total votes, they're counting precincts won. So 0.6% might be 6 or 7 precincts.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10915 on: February 01, 2016, 11:50:01 pm »

Still, coming that damn close in a state that's not demographically friendly to him

Iowa is the third most favorable state for Sanders in the union according to 538 and Cook political report.  So unless he's running for president of Iowa, New Hampshire and Vermont...
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10916 on: February 01, 2016, 11:50:56 pm »

The poll site I'm F5-ing like the motherfucking fist of the north star shows Clinton 657 caucuses to Sanders 654 caucussss, with 94% of caucii reporting.

Iown, stop toying with my heart dammit.  I want drama!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10917 on: February 01, 2016, 11:53:04 pm »

I'd sooner have a brokered convention than a Sanders nomination anyway.

Why do you want Clinton anyway, Canadian*?

*I mean that in a joking tone.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10918 on: February 01, 2016, 11:55:11 pm »

Oh, I just want to see a brokered convention. I don't actually care who wins.

It's been too long since the Chicago police attacked hippies on the streets.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10919 on: February 02, 2016, 12:37:05 am »

i'm just happy that the iowa caucuses have told us even less than usual

it's really an achievement, if you think about it
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 1342