Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544669 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #8205 on: December 15, 2015, 07:51:55 pm »

It's kinda surreal that people are actually in favor of Guantanamo.  Like not as an expediency but as a symbol to keep.

A symbol of what though? Speaking rhetorically of course.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: December 15, 2015, 07:54:38 pm »

Typical hardliner BS. Shows we're "strong" on terror, that "justice" is more important than some brown guy's basic human rights and that America will continue to do what it does despite all the international accords we sign saying those things are bad. And seriously, who doesn't love rendition as a potential tool in the toolbox? It's a sign we still put our personal vengeance above pretty much everything else. And sadly, that is exactly what some voters want to hear.

Anyways, Huckabee is seriously the scummiest candidate of anyone in the line up, and that's something considering Trump is there. Unfaithful to his sick wife and had the balls to transform his failure into a "coming to Jesus" moment in his political career. Has hammered the Evangelical angle as hard as he can, is of course a contributor on Fox News, shows up like a bad rash near anything that smacks of an attack on Christian culture....if Huckabee were actually polling like anyone cared about him I'd be deeply even more concerned about the mental state of voters I disagree with. Trump is bad, but I think Huckabee would actually be a lower point for American politics if he was elected. The man is just such a piece of shit.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 07:59:36 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: December 15, 2015, 08:00:38 pm »

Yeesh, Huckabee is being incredibly sarcastic tonight, 'send the refugees to camp in marthas vineyard and the south lawn of the white house' wut?.......

Typical hardliner BS. Shows we're "strong" on terror, that "justice" is more important than some brown guy's basic human rights and that America will continue to do what it does despite all the international accords we sign saying those things are bad. And seriously, who doesn't love rendition as a potential tool in the toolbox? It's a sign we still put our personal vengeance above pretty much everything else. And sadly, that is exactly what some voters want to hear.

Anyways, Huckabee is seriously the scummiest candidate of anyone in the line up, and that's something considering Trump is there. Unfaithful to his sick wife and had the balls to transform his failure into a "coming to Jesus" moment in his political career. Has hammered the Evangelical angle as hard as he can, is of course a contributor on Fox News, shows up like a bad rash near anything that smacks of an attack on Christian culture....if Huckabee were actually polling like anyone cared about him I'd be deeply even more concerned about the mental state of voters I disagree with. Trump is bad, but I think Huckabee would actually be a lower point for American politics if he was elected. The man is just such a piece of shit.

Wasn't that Edwards who was unfaithful to his sick wife, not Huckabee?

Edit: Was Santorum referring to San Bernardino when he was talking about ISIS killing disabled children? Because that's not what happened.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 08:13:09 pm by smjjames »

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8208 on: December 15, 2015, 08:20:12 pm »

He said that ISIS issued a fatwa to kill disabled kid. It's the first time I've heard about that maybe he's pulling a Fiorina.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: December 15, 2015, 08:28:50 pm »

Isis already wants to KILL! EVERYONE! until we invade and bring about Armageddon, so why would they bother to care about a single disabled kid?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: December 15, 2015, 08:30:58 pm »

Because they're crazy fucks
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8211 on: December 15, 2015, 08:31:47 pm »

Shadowlord confirmed for hates disabled kids

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: December 15, 2015, 08:46:58 pm »

Half-decent national anthem at least, though the tone fluctuating got a bit much at times.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: December 15, 2015, 08:48:43 pm »

It's nice to see CNN call out the Republican mindset against Islam as a religion as troubling as disturbing.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: December 15, 2015, 08:49:15 pm »

I'm still on the baby debate. Lindsay Graham just fucked up a Princess Bride reference.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: December 15, 2015, 08:50:23 pm »

The main debate is getting started, so you might get flooded out soon.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: December 15, 2015, 08:51:22 pm »

I find it interesting that the CNN stream doesn't include the commercials.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: December 15, 2015, 08:52:01 pm »

I'm still on the baby debate. Lindsay Graham just fucked up a Princess Bride reference.

Go to here for the main debate: http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/14/politics/republican-debate-live-updates/index.html  It's delayed by 20 seconds or so, but better than being that far behind.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: December 15, 2015, 08:53:39 pm »

Carly uses 'cancer survivor' as one proof that she's been 'tested' again. :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: December 15, 2015, 08:55:03 pm »

I find it interesting that the CNN stream doesn't include the commercials.
It's probably just a legal quibble between their internet and TV rights.

Fiorina's opening was interesting, she's sporting a baroque cross and it was an almost-feminist struggle thing. She didn't say explicitly, but that was the implication.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 1342