Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546814 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #7785 on: December 11, 2015, 02:32:42 pm »

I didnt ask you to double-down on confirmation biases, mainiac.

I asked you to be genuinely critical of them, and seriously consider other possibilities.

No, what you asked me is to assume that you can stare into the soul of a person you've never met.  Apparently pretty much every high ranking democrat in the country is wrong and she is a corporate shill because she didn't burn enough bras during her 8 years in the Senate.

The fact that I disagreed with your points doesn't mean I didn't consider them.  Have I accused you of the same?  Show a little class.  I'm getting pretty fucking sick and tired of everyone accusing me of being close minded for not agreeing with anything they say.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: December 11, 2015, 02:33:56 pm »

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20151209/11244833035/james-comey-dianne-feinstein-team-up-to-mislead-about-encryption-promise-legislation-to-undermine-national-security.shtml

You can look more into that (or I can throw more stuff at you), but basically she and Comey are either trying to wreck the entire internet security infrastructure which is essential to securing information and the secure transmission of information online (e.g. banking, commerce, everything else), or they're incredibly oblivious.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: December 11, 2015, 02:37:30 pm »

because unlike a growing portion of the US population, you give a shit about your future?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: December 11, 2015, 02:38:38 pm »

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20151209/11244833035/james-comey-dianne-feinstein-team-up-to-mislead-about-encryption-promise-legislation-to-undermine-national-security.shtml

You can look more into that (or I can throw more stuff at you), but basically she and Comey are either trying to wreck the entire internet security infrastructure which is essential to securing information and the secure transmission of information online (e.g. banking, commerce, everything else), or they're incredibly oblivious.

I guess that was at me?

That's what I get when I don't really pay attention to more local stuff, I dunno. I'll go with oblivious because occams razor, and politicians her generation have been pretty oblivious.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: December 11, 2015, 02:39:07 pm »

he has not even so much as acknowledged that clinton is a human being
I HAVE YOU NOW! :P

ANOTHER ROUND: Obviously. Best argument for Hillary as a robot: zero sweat.

HILLARY CLINTON: You guys are the first to realize that I’m really not even a human being. I was constructed in a garage in Palo Alto a very long time ago. People think that, you know, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, they created it. Oh no. I mean, a man whose name shall remain nameless created me in his garage.

ANOTHER ROUND: Are there more of you?

HILLARY CLINTON: I thought he threw away the plans, at least that’s what he told me when he programmed me — that there would be no more. I’ve seen more people that kind of don’t sweat, and other things, that make me think maybe they are part of the new race that he created: the robot race.

ANOTHER ROUND: So there’s a cyborg army is what you’re saying.

HILLARY CLINTON: But you have to cut this, you can’t tell anybody this. I don’t want anybody to know this. This has been a secret until here we are in Davenport, Iowa, and I’m just spillin’ my electronic guts to you.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: December 11, 2015, 02:39:28 pm »

If we're going to agree on voting for Trump I get the right to call off my "eat a shoe" thing.

Also why do I keep reading up on politics? I can't vote.

Because you like us? :D

lol

Edit: @shadowlord: Buzzfeed? Seriously?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: December 11, 2015, 02:40:05 pm »

he has not even so much as acknowledged that clinton is a human being

There may be a reason for that.  :P

@mainiac: I think it's more for the fact that you treat everyone who disagrees with what *you* say as naive children at best, and frothing idiots at worst. Your responses tend to be so patronizing and dismissive that I have, at times, wondered if you ARE Hillary Clinton.

You're fine on most issues, but discussing Hillary seems to be your berserk snide button.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: December 11, 2015, 02:41:36 pm »

If we're going to agree on voting for Trump I get the right to call off my "eat a shoe" thing.

Also why do I keep reading up on politics? I can't vote.

Because you like us? :D

lol

Edit: @shadowlord: Buzzfeed? Seriously?

That's from a podcast with a Q&A with Hillary. You can listen to it (I did). It's actually her.  :P

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: December 11, 2015, 02:44:28 pm »

@mainiac: I think it's more for the fact that you treat everyone who disagrees with what *you* say as naive children at best, and frothing idiots at worst. Your responses tend to be so patronizing and dismissive that I have, at times, wondered if you ARE Hillary Clinton.

You're fine on most issues, but discussing Hillary seems to be your berserk snide button.
^ +1

Maniac, you're the most fanaticardent Hillary supporter around here, and no offense meant, sometimes you sound a bit like the way a Trump supporter acts when someone disagrees with them on Trump when it comes to Hillary for you.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:48:44 pm by smjjames »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: December 11, 2015, 02:45:27 pm »

Ooh, wonder if the Trump/Carson split would be enough to split the entire Republican party in half. We may get a 3-party system yet.
No, you'll get either a single split election handing it to the Democrats and then back to two party, or you'll get a Democrat dominated White House for a few elections until one of the rump Republican parties comes to dominance.

IF it even happens.

And if it does, I'm betting on the former. One person on an ego trip of "You won't take me? FINE! I'll do it MYSELF!" (Trump) does not an entire party make. There's no staying power in that.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: December 11, 2015, 02:47:13 pm »

Sure there is. The legacy is with all the damaged PR.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: December 11, 2015, 02:49:14 pm »

Meh, Perot didn't sink the Republicans in 1992, and in fact they roared back into power in Congress in 1994, crazier than ever.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: December 11, 2015, 02:50:08 pm »

Mr Voodoostick did not get elected, and campaigned as an independent.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: December 11, 2015, 02:51:14 pm »

Mr Voodoostick did not get elected, and campaigned as an independent.

Who are you talking about?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: December 11, 2015, 02:52:51 pm »

Perot of course.

I was alive and watching the debates when that election year was upon us.
Fun fact: he railed against "voodoo economics" while brandishing a "genuine voodoo stick."

www.c-span.org/video/?34277-1/perot-campaign-commercial-1992
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:54:48 pm by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 1342