Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546844 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #7695 on: December 10, 2015, 05:34:23 pm »

Wait, we'd best use someone whom no one expects much from.

Holy shit, but Hiliary is a pure politician, slimy in the extreme that will be the next president entirely on the back of established party support (who can't really find anything better, but hey, compare them to the Republicans) and with America holding their nose and going for it.

Pretty sure that this isn't the first time that we've elected (or had to elect) someone who is pure politician as president and hold our collective noses going for it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7696 on: December 10, 2015, 05:38:02 pm »

At least Space Unicorn can use its marshmallow laser against ISIS.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7697 on: December 10, 2015, 05:41:10 pm »

Wait, we'd best use someone whom no one expects much from.

Holy shit, but Hiliary is a pure politician, slimy in the extreme that will be the next president entirely on the back of established party support (who can't really find anything better, but hey, compare them to the Republicans) and with America holding their nose and going for it.

Pretty sure that this isn't the first time that we've elected (or had to elect) someone who is pure politician as president and hold our collective noses going for it.

Certainly not. USA USA USA
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7698 on: December 10, 2015, 06:03:34 pm »

Robo-Hitler for President 2020; vote for the lesser evil!  ::)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7699 on: December 10, 2015, 06:04:49 pm »

My educational experience was different.

I could only handle being taught the parts of speech SO MANY TIMES before I wanted to dope-slap the English teachers.  However, because we had people WHO COULD NOT READ in our class, EVER YEAR was remedial English. IMHO, the ideal solution is not to throw on the brakes of intellectual progress for everyone else while playing catchup with the people that think it is cool to not know how to read (Perfectly intellectually capable of reading, but actively choosing to simply not read-- I consider this significantly different from people with dyslexia and other learning disabilities-- My brother has severe dyslexia, I know what it does to people and how they respond when trying to read. This is not the case here, or at least was not the case in my school. Your mileage may vary.) but to instead segregate those students out from the rest of the class, so the majority of the classroom can progress at a significantly less painful pace.

Likewise with mathematics. I could only handle being drilled about the distributive property SO MANY TIMES before I wanted to dope-slap the math teacher.

Every year, half the year was spent in remedial education.  Every year, for half the year, my brain was suffering intellectual atrophy.

It was horrible.

For me, history class was the worst - from 3rd grade to 8th (and almost certainly until 12th for folks that didn't go to the engineering school), history class was one month of early colonial-period history (this at least advanced each year, we got all the way from Jamestown to the American revolution. In five years), 7 months of "Worship the American Indian, who we got everything good from", and one month of various trivial things like how the government works, how to properly read a newspaper, and such.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7700 on: December 10, 2015, 06:11:57 pm »

So, uh, why is Clinton strong with black voters? Preferably from someone who doesn't have a fierce opinion on the subject?  :P

* Twi is pretty confused

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7701 on: December 10, 2015, 06:22:19 pm »

Bernie's too old and too white? Heck if I know.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7702 on: December 10, 2015, 06:24:10 pm »

So, uh, why is Clinton strong with black voters? Preferably from someone who doesn't have a fierce opinion on the subject?  :P

* Twi is pretty confused

I think Bill garnered a lot of good will from African American demo in his time, and some of that has carried over to Hilary.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7703 on: December 10, 2015, 06:25:36 pm »

It's important to remember that voting blocs are definitely not based upon collective reasonable assessment of the candidates, and we shouldn't act like they are.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7704 on: December 10, 2015, 06:27:35 pm »

* Twi is pretty confused

I think Bill garnered a lot of good will from African American demo in his time, and some of that has carried over to Hilary.

And some of it may be that she served under Obama and is seen as a friend or something, I don't know. Theres probably no one single major reason why.

It's important to remember that voting blocs are definitely not based upon collective reasonable assessment of the candidates, and we shouldn't act like they are.
This^

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7705 on: December 10, 2015, 06:33:25 pm »

Nobody actually knows why, not even the voters.

The well-educated ones probbably think that Sanders will do something stupid that fails, and the less-educated ones probbably threw darts at a photo of nominees until they got one between the eyes.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7706 on: December 10, 2015, 06:34:00 pm »

Speaking of which...

This is madness: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/attacking-trump-just-makes-these-voters-like-him-more/2015/12/10/2de9edf8-9f44-11e5-a3c5-c77f2cc5a43c_story.html
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7707 on: December 10, 2015, 06:35:08 pm »

And ran against Obama in 2008, along with a bit of dog-whistling from her campaign. I don't know that anyone thinks Hillary and Obama are good friends. Frenemies, perhaps.

@Shadowlord: Welcome to group-think. You put 30 uninformed people in a room and let them feed off each other, you're going to wind up with some fucked-up responses. Like the "almost all 29 agreed that Bush had been wrong to invade Iraq". I guarantee you if you tracked down that same group in 2003, they'd have been waving their flags and lapping up every last drop of horseshit fed to them by Rumsfeld and Cheney and Bush.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 06:46:12 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7708 on: December 10, 2015, 06:42:31 pm »

Speaking of which...

This is madness: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/attacking-trump-just-makes-these-voters-like-him-more/2015/12/10/2de9edf8-9f44-11e5-a3c5-c77f2cc5a43c_story.html

It's the whole anti-establishment effect.

That and his opponents haven't found an effective way of attacking him without hurting their own numbers, which is why Cruz and Rubio have been laying pretty low during this controversey.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7709 on: December 10, 2015, 06:43:48 pm »

And ran against Obama in 2008, along with a bit of dog-whistling from her campaign. I don't know that anyone thinks Hillary and Obama are good friends. Frenemies, perhaps.
At The Office
"Hey, Clinton, I'm going down to the canteen. Want me to grab you a wrap?"
"You stood in my way and prevailed, but this is merely a temporary setback. Your time draws to a close. I serve under you merely as a stepping block to my inevitable ascension.
"So that's a tuna mayo wrap, right?"
"From your ashes I will rise to new heights. Tuna is acceptable. Dismissed"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 1342