Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546039 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #7605 on: December 09, 2015, 07:31:58 pm »

I know that we complain a lot about Congress, but they are complaining and discussing some of the things that matter.

http://consumerist.com/2015/12/08/anheuser-busch-ceo-tells-congress-that-mega-beer-merger-is-good-for-everyone-really/#more-10225407

That reassurance wasn’t exactly met with applause, as Senator Chris Coons, of Delaware, poignantly noted that “nobody wants to take a seat at a bar and discover their only choices are between a Bud and a Miller,” he said.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7606 on: December 09, 2015, 07:35:53 pm »

I know that we complain a lot about Congress, but they are complaining and discussing some of the things that matter.

http://consumerist.com/2015/12/08/anheuser-busch-ceo-tells-congress-that-mega-beer-merger-is-good-for-everyone-really/#more-10225407

That reassurance wasn’t exactly met with applause, as Senator Chris Coons, of Delaware, poignantly noted that “nobody wants to take a seat at a bar and discover their only choices are between a Bud and a Miller,” he said.

Well he's not wrong.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7607 on: December 09, 2015, 07:54:20 pm »

I wouldn't particularly care, what with the not drinking and all.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7608 on: December 09, 2015, 07:59:09 pm »

In case anyone is interested, Trump was stripped of two honours bestowed upon him by Scotland today.

A university (the Robert Gordon University) in Aberdeen revoked an honourary degree from him and the First Minister stripped him of his role as a business ambassador, which I think is an honorary(?) title he was given by the last Scottish Government before the SNP started being in charge.

And politicians in the UK are legitimately considering having him added to the list of people banned from entering the UK under the 'unacceptable behaviours or extremism exclusion policy', putting him alongside existing bans to people like the leaders of the Westboro Baptist Church, Islamist preachers and Ku Klux Klan officials (Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-35049955).

Couple this with pretty much every non-UKIP politician in the UK publicly stating they think he's a complete tosspot...Well, if America has a collective aneurysm and he somehow did become president the 'special relationship' between the UK and USA could get very interesting very quickly...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:15:04 pm by MorleyDev »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #7609 on: December 09, 2015, 08:12:38 pm »

And politicians in the UK are legitimately considering having him added to the list of people banned from entering the UK under the 'unacceptable behaviours or extremism exclusion policy', putting him alongside existing bans to people like the leaders of the Westboro Baptist Church, Islamist preachers and Ku Klux Klan officials (Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-35049955).

Wow, that's, like, the high score table of bigotry.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7610 on: December 09, 2015, 08:16:14 pm »

Couple this with pretty much every non-UKIP politician in the UK publicly stating they think he's a complete tosspot...Well, if America has a collective aneurysm and he somehow did become president the 'special relationship' between the UK and USA could get very interesting very quickly...

It would degrade to being an annual 'who has worse hair' competition, Trump or Boris Johnson.  :P
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7611 on: December 09, 2015, 08:20:02 pm »

First they came for the beer choices,  and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a beer drinker

Then they came for the pop choices, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a pop drinker.

Then they came for the milk choices, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a milk drinker.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Please note that I originally had juice instead of milk, but decided that, because the original has Jews there, the play on words wasn't great for the overall joke))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7612 on: December 09, 2015, 09:30:39 pm »

Give me microbrew or give me death (i.e. Budweiser)!

Ensuring that there was enough premium local-made hooch to drink is actually an issue that would have been near and dear to the Founding Fathers.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7613 on: December 09, 2015, 09:42:15 pm »

First they came for the beer choices,  and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a beer drinker

I even thought about phrasing it like that myself, but went "Naaaah."

Then they came for the pop choices, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a pop drinker.
Oh, can they take the pop music too? Pretty please?

In other news, http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/suspect-in-deadly-planned-parenthood-attack-declares-self-guilty/ar-AAgdDwI
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7614 on: December 09, 2015, 09:46:59 pm »

I'm half way sure people would hurt you a lot faster if you tried to take away the Beetles than they would if you tried to monopolize soda into a small set of choices.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7615 on: December 09, 2015, 09:50:19 pm »

It's all a matter of what individuals consider the important right are. I mean, we might argue about some of them, but the important ones are part of the political culture. Democracy, liberty, opportunity, thepropertermforcarbonatedsugarbaseddrinksispop. Y'know, the basics.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7616 on: December 09, 2015, 09:53:03 pm »

I'm in the middle of a "group" project about researching the Americans With Disabilities act of 1990. Does anybody know anything interesting about it?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7617 on: December 09, 2015, 09:56:31 pm »

I'm half way sure people would hurt you a lot faster if you tried to take away the Beatles than they would if you tried to monopolize soda into a small set of choices.

That's not pop music, silly. This is (says youtube).

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7618 on: December 09, 2015, 10:04:41 pm »

It's all a matter of what individuals consider the important right are. I mean, we might argue about some of them, but the important ones are part of the political culture. Democracy, liberty, opportunity, thepropertermforcarbonatedsugarbaseddrinksispop. Y'know, the basics.
You misspelled "soft drink", but that's okay. You're not from around here.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7619 on: December 09, 2015, 10:05:12 pm »

Beatles were pop, SL. They were a ruddy boy band. Just one of the better ones :V
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:07:11 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 1342