Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1550520 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #6480 on: November 15, 2015, 12:06:21 am »

cement the notion of Democrats as the party of the police state and actually give Republicans some claim to being "the party of freedom".

Stalin could be elected president as a democrat and the republicans would still outdo him at eroding personal liberties.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: November 15, 2015, 12:33:50 am »

cement the notion of Democrats as the party of the police state and actually give Republicans some claim to being "the party of freedom".

Stalin could be elected president as a democrat and the republicans would still outdo him at eroding personal liberties.

You do, of course, jest. And a good jest that is.

However, both sides worked together to erode personal liberties over the last 15 years. It is my one sticking point with the left in the US that they think they know what's good for us and will fight tooth and nail to keep us from even thinking otherwise... and Clinton is basically the archetype of this. At least Republicans are decent enough to typically say "God says you should be like this, so we'll legislate you like this." They take their cues from a supposed higher power. Democrats just think they are the higher power.

Of course I'm generalizing on both sides. I'm not a fan of either party, just to make that clear, and I tend to vote democrat, but I think I would probably enjoy having dinner with your typical republican more than your typical democrat.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: November 15, 2015, 01:09:07 am »

Democrats are the lesser of two evils, but left unchecked, both of the parties are more than likely to erode the American dream into nothingness if they can.

So yeah, stock up on bullets America. The world's upward slope is still going to have a few drops, I'd bet.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: November 15, 2015, 01:59:31 am »

The last google news that I can find is when he dropped out, even his wiki page says nothing about running as independent. Though he has said he was thinking of going independent.

edit: Lolwut, John McAfee, creator of McAfee antivirus, is running as an independent.......

Presumably so he can pardon himself next time he decides to kill someone/cross a border illegally/drink and drive.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: November 15, 2015, 03:53:20 am »

They take their cues from a supposed higher power. Democrats just think they are the higher power.
That's the most succinct description of the reason I'm an independent. Thank you.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: November 15, 2015, 04:45:32 am »

The last google news that I can find is when he dropped out, even his wiki page says nothing about running as independent. Though he has said he was thinking of going independent.

edit: Lolwut, John McAfee, creator of McAfee antivirus, is running as an independent.......

Presumably so he can pardon himself next time he decides to kill someone/cross a border illegally/drink and drive.

If his policies are of the same quality as his antivirus, he's a worse candidate than Trump.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: November 15, 2015, 04:52:18 am »

If his policies are of the same quality as his antivirus, he's a worse candidate than Trump.
He's apparently... distanced himself from it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: November 15, 2015, 08:48:13 am »

Hey, say what you will about Trump, but at least he'll fail in more entertaining ways then the other candidates inevitably will.

Evil wins when good people do nothing.

Not voting at all is not actually a very effective form of protest. It's just one less vote for the least evil.

Or for that one guy who wanted election reform. Vote for him. He said we would resign once the reforms were in place. Power hungry my ass.
There are no "lesser evils" in politics. They are all exactly the same evil.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:50:35 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: November 15, 2015, 09:24:54 am »

I dunno - Bush vs Gore would be a counterexample, I think.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: November 15, 2015, 09:26:07 am »

Yeah. Thank God we didn't elect Gore.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: November 15, 2015, 09:39:58 am »

Yeah. Thank God we didn't elect Gore.
You're so cute when you're blindly partisan and wrong.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: November 15, 2015, 09:41:39 am »

was a joke. comically missing the point 'n' all that.

:'(
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: November 15, 2015, 09:50:12 am »

Ahh, sorry. IIRC, you're one of the forum's token conserva-critters so it was hard to tell.

FWIW, I know people who make that argument in all seriousness.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: November 15, 2015, 10:02:32 am »

Yeah, Gore was a bland bore, but he wasn't the grandson of a traitor.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6494 on: November 15, 2015, 10:06:05 am »

Yeah, Gore was a bland bore, but he wasn't the grandson of a traitor.

I'm reminded of a joke nickname that was given to both candidates at the time, bore and gush. I know, I know, it's a simple switch of the first letter of their last name and not particularily creative, but hey, it fitted.

Also, since when was George W. Bush the grandson of a traitor?
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 1342