Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1550314 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #6465 on: November 14, 2015, 10:30:37 pm »

I don't think Clinton would settle for VP anyway.

O'Malley has these great rehearsed responses for questions about his less then stellar record on crime.  It's ironic because the other candidates dont have an openings to jump on him without looking like total assholes it means his weakness is his chance to stump speech.

Sanders did sling an opportunistic barb at him, 'Baltimore isn't so safe now' or something like that while talking about guns.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:41:37 pm by smjjames »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: November 14, 2015, 10:38:48 pm »

Yeah but you'd have to get really dirty to make it a liability.  As long as O'Malley is in third place there's no way they'd resort to that.

That was clever how Clinton framed healthcare as a federal vs state control thing.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:40:59 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: November 14, 2015, 10:48:44 pm »

Is being on the VA committee the best answer Sanders has to offer for the 'facing a crisis' question??

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: November 14, 2015, 10:50:22 pm »

Well, the Senate, y'know?  Getting something done in two weeks is ohshit mode.

They're really pushing them websites.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:52:23 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: November 14, 2015, 10:54:28 pm »

I'm officially voting third party. Fuck it all.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: November 14, 2015, 10:59:57 pm »

I'm officially voting third party. Fuck it all.

Have you heard the news of our lord and savior Larry Lessig?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: November 14, 2015, 11:05:52 pm »

The last google news that I can find is when he dropped out, even his wiki page says nothing about running as independent. Though he has said he was thinking of going independent.

edit: Lolwut, John McAfee, creator of McAfee antivirus, is running as an independent.......
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 11:08:42 pm by smjjames »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: November 14, 2015, 11:09:30 pm »

Is he running independent?

No but he'll probably get more write in votes then most independents.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: November 14, 2015, 11:10:40 pm »

I think I'll be voting for the ever-popular "None of the Above". Full name: "None of the Above, fuck off and die all you miserable excuses for human beings, this is why we can't have nice things because only greedy, ignorant power-hungry wretches want to be President, Esq."

My voter apathy has morphed into voter antipathy. I am actively disgusted by the democratic process.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: November 14, 2015, 11:11:31 pm »

I think I'll be voting for the ever-popular "None of the Above". Full name: "None of the Above, fuck off and die all you miserable excuses for human beings, this is why we can't have nice things because only greedy, ignorant power-hungry wretches want to be President, Esq."

My voter apathy has morphed into voter antipathy. I am actively disgusted by the democratic process.

Eh? Do you not like Sanders?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: November 14, 2015, 11:13:50 pm »

Evil wins when good people do nothing.

Not voting at all is not actually a very effective form of protest. It's just one less vote for the least evil.

Or for that one guy who wanted election reform. Vote for him. He said we would resign once the reforms were in place. Power hungry my ass.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: November 14, 2015, 11:15:14 pm »

Not voting at all is not actually a very effective form of protest. It's just one less vote for the least evil.

Or for that one guy who wanted election reform. Vote for him. He said we would resign once the reforms were in place. Power hungry my ass.
Really?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: November 14, 2015, 11:26:56 pm »

"climate change causes terrorist attacks"

- Senator Sanders 2015

(I don't remember exactly what he said, but that's the gist of what he said.)
I could get behind that. I mean, people already commit terrorism, and if their homes are flooded/otherwise destroyed because of the negligence of the [perceived] Western industrial complex, then yeah, they're gonna go a-bombing.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: November 14, 2015, 11:30:37 pm »

Didn't that guy get kicked out of debate chances or something though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: November 14, 2015, 11:33:12 pm »

I didn't say I wasn't voting, I said I was voting for None of the Above. Which has precisely the same electoral chances as any other third-party option -- ZERO.

Sanders seems to be the least morally reprehensible option, but not necessarily the best option or the most pragmatic. Bernie's got some good ideas and but he's got some cray-cray ones too. And let's be real here -- he ain't gonna win the nomination. It's gonna be Hillary vs. whoever bubbles out of the froth of madness that is the Republican Party, which at this stage in the game still looks like Trump.

Hillary would seem to be the better option regardless (other than maybe Kasich, but he's not going to win), but I fear that she will be such a self-fulfilling comic villain parody of "liberalism" that her successor will almost certainly be a Republican, and probably not even a good one. It's sorta like how Bush was such a clusterfuck that we were kinda ready to elect ANY Democrat. I don't think Hillary would be ineffective by any means, but I think she would alienate big swaths of the electorate and pursue heavy-handed policies that would cement the notion of Democrats as the party of the police state and actually give Republicans some claim to being "the party of freedom".

Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 1342