Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1549445 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #6015 on: November 05, 2015, 04:35:42 pm »

Newly elected Kentucky governor Matt Bevin has confirmed that he will end the medicaid expansion here. This program is so successful I've heard it has received international attention. Hey, at least we'll still be #1 at chicken frying.

This is why the government meddling in healthcare doesn't work. Even when it's a huge success, someone will disagree with it on principle and shut it down.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: November 05, 2015, 04:37:35 pm »

:facepalm:...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: November 05, 2015, 04:39:21 pm »

Newly elected Kentucky governor Matt Bevin has confirmed that he will end the medicaid expansion here. This program is so successful I've heard it has received international attention. Hey, at least we'll still be #1 at chicken frying.

This is why the government meddling in healthcare doesn't work. Even when it's a huge success, someone will disagree with it on principle and shut it down.

What can I say, the elderly folks who elected him will get exactly what he promised.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: November 05, 2015, 04:42:47 pm »

Taking healthcare away from young poor people for no monetary savings?  Yeah, pretty much exactly what they want.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: November 05, 2015, 04:49:36 pm »

Right, because only poor young kids benefit from medicaid.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: November 05, 2015, 04:55:10 pm »

I thought we were talking about the expansion.  I certainly hope he wasn't planning on cancelling the whole program.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: November 05, 2015, 04:56:24 pm »

Don't worry, they might not live long enough to parse the changes anyways.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: November 05, 2015, 05:04:55 pm »

I thought we were talking about the expansion.  I certainly hope he wasn't planning on cancelling the whole program.
I wouldn't put it past the stupid political enough to get office, especially considering I was in that state for a year. They just have to be convinced its a smart idea.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: November 05, 2015, 05:25:28 pm »

What can I say, the elderly folks who elected him will get exactly what he promised.

Like I said, I wish they would. But we've got the Attorney General and Secretary of State as well as control of the House of Representatives in the General Assembly. What's actually going to happen will be four years of gridlock while that damnyankee tries to fuck us and the state Dems try to stop him.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: November 05, 2015, 05:55:15 pm »

Sometimes I think they actively want to depopulate the southern states to reduce the amount of poor / black people. Rolling back federal assistance achieves that aim.

I've also heard that if you tell southerners that a law is applied in a discriminatory manner (unfairly targets blacks) then they actually like the law more than before. I think this is closely tied to the "Just World Fallacy", which you can read about and is extremely irrational, but a widespread phenomena. In that, people rationalize that those suffering bad effects must have deserved it. It is probably a psychological self-defence mechanism, because then you can rationalize that "it can't happen to me". It is also quite close to the way conservatives frame issues, and the opposite of how liberals do.

So, in other words, pointing out how outcomes are "unfair" plays to liberals worldview but plays against conservatives worldview. And you have to be very aware of how you frame issues. One of the Kentucky videos showed a poor black woman who can't get medical insurance, and how unfair and illogical it is. But this only reinforces the conservative / Just World belief system. If you want to break through that you need to frame the issue completely differently. Find a black woman who is a devout christian but can't get medical insurance. That would focus on the points of commonality between the conservatives and the person in the video. Because if it can happen to one christian it can happen to you, too.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 06:12:15 pm by Reelya »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: November 05, 2015, 06:00:46 pm »

Oh, yeah. I've heard so much of the "welfare queens" line out of otherwise intelligent, respectable people that you wouldn't believe it.

3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: November 05, 2015, 06:04:38 pm »

Wow...even without knowing his politics, he just has one of those faces you want to punch. He looks like he should be selling used cars while trying to hit on your wife.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: November 05, 2015, 06:06:31 pm »

It should also be noted for the three of you who don't watch Last Week Tonight that Bevin directly lied about wanting to remove the medicaid expansion at least once.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: November 05, 2015, 06:09:56 pm »

Wow...even without knowing his politics, he just has one of those faces you want to punch. He looks like he should be selling used cars while trying to hit on your wife.
That's not far off.

http://www.wave3.com/story/29363433/bevin-late-several-times-on-property-taxes-documents-show

He failed to ensure his bell factory in Connecticut; it burned to the ground just after he finished renovations, and then he went and cried to the state until they gave him a grant to cover the cost of rebuilding.

He's fucking scum, a no-good carpetbagger who came here because he figured that all he had to do was use the code-words "conservative family values" and all the racists, homophobes, and anti-choicers would turn out in droves.

3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: November 05, 2015, 06:10:58 pm »

It should also be noted for the three of you who don't watch Last Week Tonight that Bevin directly lied about wanting to remove the medicaid expansion at least once.
Yeah, me and the GF watched that the other night, shortly before checking the elections results.

Dick Black won as well, and that nobody trucker who won the Dem nomination in Mississippi lost 68-31, which is honestly better than I expected.

I'm not feeling too good, considering that nationally the overall elections results in the off-year were pretty conservative. Doesn't bode well for next year.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1342