Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1545221 times)

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump's Narcissism Appreciation Megathread
« Reply #3540 on: August 13, 2015, 12:04:30 pm »

D0nald "Someone's doing the raping, but it can't be me because I'm not Mexican and I have a huge army of lawyers who will instantly shoot down any and all rape charges and I'm standing right here talking to you, duh, so it must be the Mexicans!" Trümp.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3541 on: August 13, 2015, 03:27:16 pm »

Donald Trump secretly being Mexican would make sense. How else would he be able to build a giant Mexican wall and make Mexico pay for it? He's the president of Mexico. He is getting ready to reclaim Texas.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 2016 Freedom Megathread- Explosions and PBR Edition
« Reply #3542 on: August 13, 2015, 03:32:21 pm »

What, I don't even get to be actually cynical?  Lame.

People are kneejerk cynical a lot and it annoys me enough that I immediately forget that my talent for communication generally leads to Donald Trump level of arguments.

Only vaguely related, I like this guy's point: http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2015/08/voters-are-angry-voters-are-fed-voters-are-blah-blah-blah
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: August 13, 2015, 04:55:35 pm »

I can feel that this plugin is going to enrich my life in ways that Cloud2Butt+ never could.
What plugin is this?

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: August 13, 2015, 05:01:05 pm »

This one.

EDIT:
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Donald "I'm starting to wonder myself whether he was born in this country" Trump secretly being Mexican would make sense. How else would he be able to build a giant Mexican wall and make Mexico pay for it? He's the president of Mexico. He is getting ready to reclaim Texas.

It does indeed enrich your life.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 05:12:34 pm by SirQuiamus »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: August 13, 2015, 05:08:50 pm »

I didn't know I needed this in my life until now.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3546 on: August 13, 2015, 06:17:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: August 14, 2015, 10:15:10 am »

More gems. I'm endlessly amused that the frontrunner for the party of moral rectitude, family values and fiscal responsibility is a sleazy, amoral shyster with a somewhat creepy interest in women young enough to be (or actually are) his daughter.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: August 14, 2015, 10:28:12 am »

The party who impeached a dude for a blowjob while their highest ranking official was having an affair is really confused by why this keeps happening to them.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: August 14, 2015, 11:14:16 am »

The party who impeached a dude for a blowjob while their highest ranking official was having an affair is really confused by why this keeps happening to them.

Because political double standards? Really though, the whole sex scandal and affair thing seems to be spread evenly between the two parties, it's not an exclusively one party or the other thing.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: August 14, 2015, 11:39:39 am »

Sleeziness and political power/wealth have gone hand in hand for millenia.
This is nothing new.

What is truly novel, is when you have somebody that is not a total shyster sleezoid who holds political power. Such things happen so rarely, that they are big historical markers when they do happen. (and before you pull out your modern favorites, fact check first please. Politicians are experts at hiding dirt, and being polished turds.)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: August 14, 2015, 11:50:24 am »

Because political double standards? Really though, the whole sex scandal and affair thing seems to be spread evenly between the two parties, it's not an exclusively one party or the other thing.
Oh, the acts themselves are pretty ubiquitous, it's just that one of the parties is currently screaming in the streets (sometimes literally!) about family values and abstinence an' junk. Dems are a bit more chill on that front, so it ends up making their politicians look less hilariously hypocritical on the subject.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: August 14, 2015, 12:08:35 pm »

On the flip side, politicians are also experts in finding dirt.

Attacking his ego doesn't seem to work, so, I'm waiting to see when someone will attack his business practices. Only problem though is that Fiorina is the only one that I know of with significant business experience besides Trump (and she has issues in her past as well) and the republicans are suppoused to be pro-big business.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: August 14, 2015, 12:09:49 pm »

Ok.... Let me get this straight.

On the one hand, you have a group of hipocritical douchebags, who sleeze in the dark then present a polished front like Moral Orel's dad....

Then you have Donald Trump.

The sin here, is being like moral orel's dad. Donald Trump does not act like Moral Orel's dad. Donald Trump acts like Donald Trump. (Giving some fan service to those people with that plugin. ;))

The defense that the democrats have, is that they dont act like moral orel's dad, and are in the open about their sleeziness. 

How is complaining about the non-hippocritical "in your face sleeze" of Donald Trump, in defiance of the historical hippocrisy of the party affiliation he is running under, while supporting similar "in your face sleeze" from democrats of the past, not in and of itself hippocritical?

"Oh noes! A republican that does not fit the mold! SMEAR! SMEAR! SPIN SPIN SPIN!"

As a centrist, I would NEVER vote for something as clearly "100% pure Neocon" as Donald Trump.  However, I see a virtue where I see a virtue.  Donald Trump does not give a flying fuck about polishing his shittiness, like other repubs do.  That's at least being honest in advertising. He is what he is. (a piece of shit.) I would say that is probably a fair bit of what is behind his popularity. He's not a hollow political mouthpiece blairing what people want to hear-- He's an asshole with money saying what he wants to say, and being honest about that.  It's pretty damned telling that people would choose the openly asshole candidate over the secretly asshole candidates with such a wide margin.  It indicates that people are fed up with secret shysters.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: August 14, 2015, 03:18:19 pm »

Is anyone actually complaining about Trump? He's fun to watch. :P
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 1342