Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544356 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 2016 Freedom Megathread- Explosions and PBR Edition
« Reply #2835 on: July 09, 2015, 07:05:06 pm »

He'll drop out of the election the moment he has to submit info on his finances.
Nope, he's said he's going to file his finances, and that the report is "very large". Because y'know...he's rich. That's one of the best parts about the Trump, according to The Trump. Has he mentioned he has a lot of money?

He's also said that he won't commit to backing the Republican nominee if it's not him, and and he's said this:
“So many people want to run as an independent, so many people,” Trump said. “I have been asked by — you have no idea, everybody wants me to do it.”

Democrats around the country must be jizzing themselves with glee at the thought of Trump pulling a Perot if he loses the nomination and splitting the conservative vote. It's kinda brilliant to advertise that now, because it's like blackmailing the Republican Party -- "Hey, either you nominate me, or I go all loose cannon independent on your loser asses and take this whole ship down, Trump-style. What do I care if Hillary wins, I'll still be rich."

He's also saying that he expects to win the Latino vote. (ROFLCOPTER)

Expect the right-wing rumor mills to start saying that Trump is a Democratic operative any day now.
EDIT: I'm a bit late apparently.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: July 09, 2015, 07:11:20 pm »

Can't schlump the Trump!(TM)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: July 09, 2015, 07:19:45 pm »

That word is entirely too close to schlick for my comfort, and I wanted you to know that so you can feel these emotions, too.

E: That said, it would be faintly incredible if by some vile confluence of fate, Trump became POTUS and used the inauguration speech to reveal to the world that they are, in fact, a woman. It would in no way make the situation better, because Trump would be POTUS, but it would be pretty incredible.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:22:22 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: July 09, 2015, 07:22:50 pm »

I'd like to think that I've become jaded to human flaw by now, but every time Donald Trump opens his mouth, I am newly amazed that so much narcissism and hubris can be concentrated in a single man.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: July 09, 2015, 07:24:54 pm »

He'll drop out of the election the moment he has to submit info on his finances.
Nope, he's said he's going to file his finances, and that the report is "very large". Because y'know...he's rich. That's one of the best parts about the Trump, according to The Trump. Has he mentioned he has a lot of money?

That's bold, very bold.

Wheres that gif of someone slowly clapping in a movie theatre?

I wonder if he's banking on the huge finances bogging down the investigation and scrutiny? Not going to happen because it'll get split between teams and other rich candidates have ran before and being rich doesn't slow down the scruitiny.

He's also said that he won't commit to backing the Republican nominee if it's not him

Pff, that's just so, what's the word, selfish? Maybe that's not the word I'm looking for, but it certainly fits his ego.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: July 09, 2015, 07:29:51 pm »

Trump will drop out of the election the moment people stop throwing money at him. Campaigning is extremely lucrative!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: July 09, 2015, 07:30:33 pm »

He's also said that he won't commit to backing the Republican nominee if it's not him

Pff, that's just so, what's the word, selfish? Maybe that's not the word I'm looking for, but it certainly fits his ego.

Megalomaniacal?
Narcissistic?
Douche-y? Yeah, I'm going with douchey.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: July 09, 2015, 07:34:07 pm »

Sully not the name of the honorable douche by comparing it to Trump. It is a device of notable hygienic value. Trump is not.
Ask not!
Ask!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: July 09, 2015, 07:38:03 pm »

I have heard it said that the mane of the Trump may be used to ward off unclean spirits, frightened of its hideous visage.

Also, powdered Trump testicles are considered an aphrodisiac in parts of Southeast Asia. Sadly, this has caused the population to become extremely endangered, forced out of its native habitat of Las Vegas massage parlors.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: July 09, 2015, 07:41:23 pm »

I'd like to think that I've become jaded to human flaw by now, but every time Donald Trump opens his mouth, I am newly amazed that so much narcissism and hubris can be concentrated in a single man.

I think Trump never mentally left the 80s, when his style of bluster and blinding overconfidence was more in vogue. He's built a reputation and identity off of being "that guy", and I think sort of like an internet troll, people's loathing of him just eggs him on further. As long as he publicly acts like he's winning (generally speaking, not just in the polls), he's winning in his mind. Which is fine for a jag-off rich guy, but not exactly a quality you want in your president.

Guys, he's a brand. Does a brand ever go out and say "well if you can't have me, go have this other thing we don't make." No. A brand is about promoting itself first, everything second. The Apprentice was a show where Trump could talk about how successful he was before letting someone else submit themselves to his judgment. I suspect, if he gets to the point where he needs an actual campaign logo, it's not going to be some abstract thing like Obama's. It's going to say "Trump", right there, 'cause that's the brand name and you never skimp on showing it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2845 on: July 09, 2015, 07:47:16 pm »

Can't schlump the Trump!(TM)
Can't trump the Trump

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: July 09, 2015, 07:47:49 pm »

In other news, it looks like Lindsey Grahm may have performed his obligatory one good act of the election cycle.
Graham said he's not afraid to let people know when he disagrees with them. And he proved it about 10 minutes later.

The same man led up to a question about the Islamic State by saying the United States should outlaw Islam in order to deal with the problem.

"You know what, I'm not your candidate," Graham said, cutting him off. "I don't want you to vote for me. I couldn't disagree with you more."
Ask not!
Ask!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: July 09, 2015, 07:52:17 pm »

Found it. I'm surprised there's no trademark character after his name.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: July 09, 2015, 07:52:24 pm »

I think Trump never mentally left the 80s, when his style of bluster and blinding overconfidence was more in vogue. He's built a reputation and identity off of being "that guy", and I think sort of like an internet troll, people's loathing of him just eggs him on further. As long as he publicly acts like he's winning (generally speaking, not just in the polls), he's winning in his mind. Which is fine for a jag-off rich guy, but not exactly a quality you want in your president.

I'm calling it now.

Trump/Sheen '16: WINNING

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: July 09, 2015, 08:04:24 pm »

I'm calling it now.

Trump/Sheen '16: WINNING

I'd be curious as to who he would think is VP material.....

Considering that there isn't a republican who is likely to even want to run as VP under him. Except maybe Palin or one of the other crazies.

Also, that text should be RED, not BLUE.

Edit: Actually, no, his ego (and his toupee) would prevent him from even CONSIDERING a VP.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 08:07:24 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 1342