Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1543595 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Election Megathread- 2016 Edition
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2015, 10:08:55 am »

Bloody blue crumbling bumblefuck, get that goddamn ukraine out of the US politics thread. Out! Get the hell out!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2015, 10:12:04 am »

Holy crap, you are worst than Bush. Never go full Bush or below that  :D.
Also your not correct on "Ukraine can use its airforce with impunity, Russia cannot", or the bomber/yugoslavia reference. Except in case you are asking for USA and NATO to go directly in combat against russia. But in both cases not sure how it will be faster or in any way better for europe, and is very strange thinking I must say.

Helgoland the war mongler from the shadows :P.
I suppose I am a war monger - a short, intense war saves the lives that pacifists squander.
Russia can't use its airforce, because then everyone would have to admit it was involved directly.
Ukraine can use its airforce - but there's plenty of AA down there, which would have to be removed.
The Serbs in the 90s had one of he most advanced AA systems on the planet - the German Tornados however could pick up their radar, so anytime there was a Tornado in the air the AA systems would go unused, and NATO could drop its bombs unhindered. Giving Ukraine these capabilities would give it a huge advantage in this war.
And no, I am not arguing for direct Western intervention (here), just for arms sales to Ukraine and various other behind-the-scenes stuff. Nothing more than Russia does at the moment.

No, you silly German Warmonger.

*puts a WWI style German helmet on helgo* :D

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2015, 10:21:19 am »

Holy crap, you are worst than Bush. Never go full Bush or below that  :D.
Also your not correct on "Ukraine can use its airforce with impunity, Russia cannot", or the bomber/yugoslavia reference. Except in case you are asking for USA and NATO to go directly in combat against russia. But in both cases not sure how it will be faster or in any way better for europe, and is very strange thinking I must say.

Helgoland the war mongler from the shadows :P.
I suppose I am a war monger - a short, intense war saves the lives that pacifists squander.
Russia can't use its airforce, because then everyone would have to admit it was involved directly.
Ukraine can use its airforce - but there's plenty of AA down there, which would have to be removed.
The Serbs in the 90s had one of he most advanced AA systems on the planet - the German Tornados however could pick up their radar, so anytime there was a Tornado in the air the AA systems would go unused, and NATO could drop its bombs unhindered. Giving Ukraine these capabilities would give it a huge advantage in this war.
And no, I am not arguing for direct Western intervention (here), just for arms sales to Ukraine and various other behind-the-scenes stuff. Nothing more than Russia does at the moment.
If you want short war than USA can help out russia in forming the rebel regions. That one will be the shortest and fastest  :D
The thing is, if USA went to openly support ukraine, be sure, russia will do the same.
If you are talking about "arms sales to Ukraine and various other behind-the-scenes stuff", than you should already know that is happening, from giving them radar equipment, credits for buying weapons, to things like commanders, cia and other personnel helping them out.
Serbs did not have most advanced AA systems on the planet, not even close. Not sure where you got that from as they had the old and modified soviet equipment from around 1960.
Make love not war

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2015, 10:25:40 am »

How about we shift the Ukraine stuff to the EuroPol thread?

As for the whole 'pendulum towards isolationist', while I myself do think that we should meddle much less, especially military intervention wise, I don't think we need to go full isolationist. Just because we don't meddle as much militarily doesn't mean that we can't be involved in other ways. Plus other countries need to share more of the role that we're in.

If you want full isolationist, look at Ron Paul.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:38:25 am by smjjames »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2015, 12:39:51 pm »

I just want the U.S. to be less of a blank check to "Defense" companies and contractors.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2015, 01:32:05 pm »

We all do, sweetie.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2015, 01:43:26 pm »

-I think I'll delete this and crosspost it to the Europol thread instead-
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 01:51:05 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2015, 01:50:42 pm »

Meanwhile, from Michele Bachmann...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bless her heart.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2015, 02:16:04 pm »

Sadly Happily Apparently, snopes suggests it never happened.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2015, 04:09:39 pm »

Somewhere in the mists of time, I wound up on a Republican Party mailing list of some kind. I've never donated money to a Republican. I've never registered Republican. The only Republican I consistently vote for is our state Agriculture Commissioner, because dude's pretty awesome at his job and isn't an ideologue (as witnessed when he took a lot of heat recently by banning public carry of firearms at the State Fair, because WTF? Why is that even an idea??)

Might have to do with me signing a thing online back in 2000 that I might be interested in working with the McCain campaign locally. Back when McCain still had a shred of decency. (He got knocked out of the primaries before it ever got anywhere near NC, btw.)

Anyways....so today in the mail I got a platform survey from the RNC, asking me to represent voters in my congressional district in helping to choose the Presidential platform for 2016.

There is not a troll face trolly enough to encapsulate the trolldom creeping into my brain.

So....how bout it B12? Do I respond with well-reasoned responses that try to bring the GOP back from the brink to talk about the real, substantive issues that need to be addressed?

Or do I talk about how the voters of this district won't even consider a candidate who doesn't ask again to see Obama's birth certificate, and talk about crackpot shit like Agenda 21 and Communists defiling our natural bodily essence with fluoride?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2015, 06:06:44 pm »

Tough call. Do you think anybody actually reads these things? If so, you may have to pass up on short-term satisfaction.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2015, 06:10:08 pm »

Either play it straight or go full left-wing crackpot, I'd say. There's already going to be plenty mumbling things about obamuoride.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2015, 06:20:22 pm »

Get them to put up the mmost unvotable-for candidate in the history of the US. It'll be for the best.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2015, 07:13:09 pm »

Somewhere in the mists of time, I wound up on a Republican Party mailing list of some kind.

Me too despite years of working for and donating to Democratic candidates.  I think they just know that I am politically active from profiling.

AFAIK, trolling that mailer wont accomplish anything.  They dont use them as a poll, they use it as part of their voter targeting and mobilization efforts.  It's just phrased that way because it makes people more likely to respond.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2015, 07:48:56 pm »

Get them to put up the mmost unvotable-for candidate in the history of the US. It'll be for the best.
You mean, keep on doing what they've been doing? The problem is that candidates who would have been unelectable 40 years ago are almost de rigeur these days.

@mainiac: Yeah, I think it's basically a fundraising gimmick wrapped in a "we actually give half a shit what you plebs think" veneer. As noted by the $15 "processing fee" that I'm supposed to send in to make sure my responses are tabulated. Because the RNC has never heard of an optical scanner.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 1342