Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: ☼Hebiscrobo: Community MW Kobold Camp☼  (Read 9697 times)

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
Re: Upcoming MW Kobold Community Camp! (Pre-Bold Now!)
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 12:50:28 am »

Pencil and Nic'zul added as starting kobolds!

Thank you all so much for posting, by the way!  I'm really enjoying beginning to see how this little tribe will start out.  We've got a couple fun extrinsic personalities to work with and it's coming to be a useful looking tribe!

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 12:51:35 am »

Also, any suggestions or requests for the name of the camp or other things?  I'm thinking of avoiding ridiculously terrifying settings and going for something in the ballpark of Savage.  Been a bit since I've played and I don't want us to get swallowed by giant zombie dinosaurs 10 seconds in.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming MW Kobold Community Camp! (2 Starter Bolds Left!)
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 01:28:46 am »

Id like o throw a suggestion for a Savage Jungle biome of some sort. Maybe you can catch some nice huge exotic animals and train them for battle if you lat long enough :3

Name: Lil'Chaos
Sign: N/A since Witcher
Note: Preferably Male

EDIT: edited to fit the format
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 05:06:11 am by chaosfiend »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 02:29:58 am »

Pencil and Nic'zul added as starting kobolds!
Thanks.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 02:52:52 am »

Name: Senshuken
Occupation: Druid or Armorsmith. Maybe both if possible. Got to do something when the spirits aren't talking after all.
Sign: Any sign that favors metal work. Do you need a druid sign to be a druid?

I would prefer a male kobold.

The sword means nothing if it can't get past the shield or armor!
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

SkaiaMechanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 03:10:43 am »

Kobold Request:
Name: Skaia
Occupation: Thief, Hexer, Mechanic. One or more in that priority. Choose what you think is best with what you have left.
Personality: Stays quiet most of the time. Speaks in one word sentences, as he/she believe action is more important than language, and using words rarely gives them more weight. (Move. Build. Run. Treasure. Slow. Friend. etc.)
I'm running out of dogs. I'm running out of bolts.
I'm running out of dwarves.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 06:24:11 am »

Sure thing, Remuthra!  I'm not completely certain which weapons are two-handed at this moment (tonight I'm just going through the mod, making sure I change the few little things I want to ensure, get familiar with the Masterwork help files), but I'll put you up for something two-handed!  Any preference for a specific thing?  I imagine that pikebolds or hammerbolds use two hands.
A sword if there is one, but I'm not quite sure what they can equip. I remember that kobolds are terrible in close combat, though :P.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 09:39:55 am »

Alright!  Kobolds added!  That brings us to our starting seven, we'll be going into a savage jungle environment, and we'll see what happens!

I'll be posting more stuff as I go through world-gen and beginning things!

Any name requests?  Otherwise, I'll come up with something suitably jungley.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
Re: Hebiscrobo: Community MW Kobold Camp
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 12:08:20 pm »

Alright!  I've officially generated the world, got together a group of kobolds, and am now playing!  First post slightly updated to give the name of our camp!  Burntroots!

Zuzu Reish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 01:31:27 am »

Fantastic idea, making a camp! Playing as MW Kobolds is my new thing, so I appreciate this.

Air-signs haven't gotten any love yet, I'll request a Kestrel (named Zuzu), who is designated for ranged combat. Gender doesn't particularly matter, nor does weapon choice.

As for two-handed weapons, you could try making pikes at the Glassblower; though I think they still would be too big, given their size requirements (40k).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 01:35:23 am by Zuzu Reish »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 05:50:37 pm »

Name: Ixix

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 06:12:23 pm »

With a herd of jack rats in tow, the Skulls of Hoping set to wander.  They passed through hills and plains, over rivers and bogs, past much finer cities than they could ever possess, but still they hoped and so they became the Skulls of Hoping.

Scroni Rainynuts works in mysterious ways and as the seven were coming to fear the night and the danger about them, she spoke with a storm.  All were disheartened, even Senshuken Eatengrowling who spoke with animals (even if they didn’t strictly speak back).  Then her message became clear as a bolt of her lightning tore down a tree and formed a shelter from the storm.

“Home,” suggested Skaia Treatbraids, her hissed voice startling the party despite the fact that it was just a whisper.  For as she spoke, the rain stopped, the burned tree about them losing it’s flame.

HighMax Ancientshovels nodded as he chomped down on his final remaining bloodworm, “This home.”

The kobolds began working, setting up two large tents and a butchery.  Black Belly slaughtered a couple of jack rats in celebration of this momentous occasion.  Skaia was given a very important task, sneak about until she found found a little pond, then drain it for farming of wood.  This proved to be well within her capabilities, not even getting her fur wet while doing so.

High Max set to work carving some of the bones into armor, all the while grumbling to himself that swords would be more useful.  In the absence of glass weaponry, a bone stick was cut out for Ixix.  “Bigger stick?” asked Ixix with a whine, but unfortunately there were no bigger sticks to be found quite yet.  Pencil patted Ixix on the back and promised, “Later bigger stick.”  For her, a set of bolas were crafted and so began the warrior crew, The Razors of Zeal.

Nic’zul frowned after Ixix and Pencil as they went off to train in the barracks below.  “What you think of them?” he asked of Skaia who was busy setting up the beginnings of a trapper shop.  Skaia looked up at the pair and gave a wordless shrug, setting back to work.  The two kobolds sat quietly working, carving leather and preparing traps.
When the evening fire was made, Senshuken gathered the kobolds to offer up thanks to the Gods in proper druidic manner.  “Shinebo Streamlobster, thank for good land, good water.  Scronti protect from night.  Eat food.”  He took a glance around at the other kobolds, sitting in pairs; High Max and Black Belly, Nic’zul and Skaia, Ixix and Pencil.  A wide, toothy grin took his face and he looked up at the sky.  “Scronti, thank for bring all pups so soon.”

The End of Spring

Sorry I didn't get this in yesterday as I'd thought!  Ended up being just wildly busy.  I'd intended to continue playing today and see if I couldn't crank out another season because nothing much had happened.  Then I noticed that 6 of the kobolds had lovers and figured it was worth posting something given that!  Hopefully future posts will be more than a single season, I was just a bit slow this time because I'm getting into the swing of Masterwork!

If you have any requests for things you'd like your kobold to do, let me know!  (Apart from get married apparently, because they are TOTALLY on that).

@Zuru Reish, thank you very much!  I'll add you to the list right now!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 06:17:21 pm by CaptainKobold »

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2015, 06:55:24 pm »

First Wave of Migrants!

I'm putting this outside of the story for now, because I've got to get some stuff done here and have to stop playing for the moment.  Next post will be up on Thursday!  Here are the current migrants who have come in.

Couple:
Zuzu Chonansonobini: Ranged Kestral (Male) weaponcrafter,
Abini Bintiabons: Female Fishery Worker (eel)

Couple
Arcvasti Breakfastslicked: Male Fisherbold, with grand aspirations to work with metal (Salamander)
Inone Bluntedbolts: Female Farmworker (Dartfrog, poison and such)

Couple:
MagnumCannon[/ Clarityshriek: Male Fisherbold, Eel,
Mate the 888th Meteorfaint: Female farmworker,  Dartfrog

Single:
Lil'Chaos Anebachonins, Stone & Rune Engraver, future Witcher, Male Coyote
Anibo Nulltugs: Female Farmworker (dartfrog), has a pet Shalzwar

Two Honey Badger Women Children for some reason
An Ogre Child
A Trap Spider

@Chaos, you could claim one of these men if you'd like!  I've not yet gotten the Witcher-Creation station put together yet!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:00:39 am by CaptainKobold »

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 07:09:29 pm »

If its not too much trouble, I'll claim Hontaba, the Single Male Coyote sign.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 07:11:03 pm »

Absolutely!  Consider him claimed!  I may also have him do a little bit of historian work, engraving a little section of wall at the end of each season in order to commemorate Hebiscrobo's lifespan.  Feels fitting for a Witcher to my mind.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4