Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do you make clothes?  (Read 2304 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How do you make clothes?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 04:28:46 pm »

One of the most disturbing thing about DF so far is my dwarve's relish for second-hand troll fur loincloth taken from dead goblins.  That is just nasty...

These days it seems that all that I sell the caravans are old clothes and totems...
I'll not disagree, but just remember how often an average dwarf in a 'safe', non-evil line of work takes a bath.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 05:19:01 pm »

One of the most disturbing thing about DF so far is my dwarve's relish for second-hand troll fur loincloth taken from dead goblins.  That is just nasty...

These days it seems that all that I sell the caravans are old clothes and totems...
I'll not disagree, but just remember how often an average dwarf in a 'safe', non-evil line of work takes a bath.
Also, they don't consider clothes "bad" until the clothes are literally rotting off their dwarven bodies...

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 05:40:10 pm »

It's one think taking infrequent baths and wearing very old clothes.  It's another wearing *underwear* you've taken from *enemies you've killed* that happen to be *goblins* and that are made of *troll fur*.  Yeh gods!

aaaanyway...

I never bothered dyeing the clothes I manufacture, is there a point besides increasing value?
hamster cheese supplies are low

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 05:50:14 pm »

It's one think taking infrequent baths and wearing very old clothes.  It's another wearing *underwear* you've taken from *enemies you've killed* that happen to be *goblins* and that are made of *troll fur*.  Yeh gods!

aaaanyway...

I never bothered dyeing the clothes I manufacture, is there a point besides increasing value?
Maybe troll fur is super soft...

Much like growing more than plump helmets on your farms, there isn't much point to dyeing clothes in itself, but I like to do it so I can imagine my dwarves wearing colorful clothes rather than being almost exclusively gray and brown (and the mental image of a cave adapted dwarf flipping out and vomiting all over himself because he just realized his shirt has been bright red this whole time)... also, when they eventually discard their old rotting clothes they can be sold for twice as much...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 05:55:13 pm »

Troll fur is supposed to be quite warm, from what I understand.  Maybe not 'soft' based on the in-game definition of a troll
  'A huge humanoid monster with coarse fur, large tusks and horns.'

But warm?  Sure.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2015, 06:45:49 pm »

(and the mental image of a cave adapted dwarf flipping out and vomiting all over himself because he just realized his shirt has been bright red this whole time)...

Ha. I like that.

"Why did no one TELL ME I was wearing this colour?!?"
"Well, now it's green, so stop whinging."
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!
Pages: 1 [2]