Darrek Earthend
- 2 (40%)
Or Multiplayer
- 1 (20%)
Spoirad Déileáil
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 52

Author Topic: You are a Wandering Mage Group(RPG THREAD)  (Read 31290 times)

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Wandering Mage Group
« Reply #135 on: January 02, 2015, 08:52:28 pm »

"What? I for one am not getting close to the vampire unless it's on the ground ready for a stake. Again, your the one with the money. I'm not walking into a bowyer's shop without any money, so unless you don't want to help out with the vampires, head out with me as I might be able to tip the prices into being lower. So come along."

Pick up a holy symbol from the Luna shrine, grab a clover of garlic, attempt to create a few wooden stakes from the nearby trees, buy a crossbow and some bolts from the bowyer
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2015, 09:10:33 pm »

"Fire also works on vampires. Steaks aren't always required. Removal of the head or destruction of torso tends to kill lessers and slow down older ones. Also. You do realize how much effort is needed to use a bow accurately right? Professional bowmen start training as children and master it by the time they're forty. The bow needs to be made specifically for the person based on their arm length and drawback strength, arrows need to be made specifically for the bow. It's harder to learn then magic. At least you can intuit magic." ((If you intend to be an archer, you can't just pick up a random bow. Bow needs to be made for you or it'll be harmful to your shoulder or outright be useless for you. Arrows need to be made for bows also. One archer's arrows are useless for another unless they have extremely similar bows. Videogames don't represent archery properly and there's a reason we switched to firearms.))

Vera dons both the pendent and the bracelet. Storing everything else, you couldn't bribe her to use that dagger but she's most certainly going to hold onto it. She proceeds to the shrine of Lune to see if the flower she had offered was accepted.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2015, 09:19:15 pm »

Ateyo makes illusions of showgirls to try and get tips.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2015, 09:28:07 pm »

A nearby Drunk tips Ateyo with 5 gold coins.
(Is any of the stuff enchanted Kevak?)
Vera goes to the shrine and sees that the Flower is growing quite nicely and has a vague blue aura around it.
Spoirad gets a Holy Golden Thumb that they gave you for free, Probably isn't real gold but it's holy. You carve out 5 wooden stakes and debate with Vera over whether or not you want to buy a bow, You could always get a Basic Crossbow that fits your general size but it wouldn't be as good as a custom made one, You also have no skill whatsoever but perhaps you could summon an Astral/Infernal being that can use a bow, Of course it would take several hours to do so and it wouldn't be cheap.While your thinking the Dire Badger grabs Ateyo's coins and deposits them in the plank storage.
Ateyo goes to count his gold coins but finds that they are missing.

(OK Full on update tomorrow/tomorrow's tomorrow.)

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2015, 09:30:02 pm »

((I mentioned several times crossbows in particular, whose virtues for being slow to reload and perhaps weaker is it's extreme ease of use. You train for life with a bow, while a crossbow is thrown into your hands and you point with it. Anyways DnD logic says crossbows are simple weapons, which the majority of classes have the ability to use simple weapons unless specifically stated, bows are martial weapons that someone has to be well-versed enough in combat and weapons to be even able to use em'. Edited for grammar. ))

"Bows? I never said such a thing! Such strange training would leave me no time for the magical arts! I want a crossbow, which the barkeep said the bowyer had, for all I know he has slings as well. Why, a contraption such as a CROSSBOW would be most optimal for someone of my ability despite it's slow reloading that could be easily be handled as my summons go up front doing the fighting which would have no affect upon me as if they value their lives my summons fight and hold them while I fire upon them. Though if this town had any different reliable ranged weapons I would happily take them and be off, but for now I will have a meager, reliable CROSSBOW. Thinking a young elf of a spell-caster such as me would even attempt the under goings of archery when I can have much more with magic, and a crossbow."
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 09:34:34 pm by Kassire »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2015, 09:35:47 pm »

The Orc Is absolutely flabbergasted at Both of them Insisting that they use sticks and rope to do what an arm can do just fine.

"Why don't You just Throw Rocks and the like? Far easier, and better for your... Meager physiology, in the long term."

"Without using magic, He Throws a smooth stone into the Air as hard as he physically can, straight up."

"You see, Crossbows,"

He Catches the stone before finishing.

"Are a crutch for ranged combat."
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2015, 09:37:08 pm »

"I'm... I'm not strong, nor is strength a common elf trait, as opposed to orcs."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2015, 09:51:21 pm »

((Well, the pendent is a Godly Boon. Which depending on how much Lune likes the wearer, he may do something beneficial as his mood decrees, also he can always use it as a conduit for manifesting. The bracelet is just a living bracelet of flowers from another plane, it generates life/nature magic from that plane rather then life/nature magic of this plane due to the fact that it's alive, and nature. Crystal has an unknown form of magic in it and generates said magic, resulting in the light, dagger is obviously enchanted, technically it's possessed, but that's more or less the same thing, very very very hateful insane soul dwelling within and infused with ambient magic from the Plane of Eternal Light, probs not a good idea to feed it lifeblood or leave it in a dark area for too long, the Hellstone is something from the Fourth Layer Of Hell, obviously that has several demonic energies being produced by it, although it's not technically enchanted, the knucklebone is technically the remains of an accidental telefrag, Vera warped into a creature, it's infused with extraplanear energy brought in from the warping, general ambient mana of the Plane of Beaches and Sasquatches, and a lil death magic from the sudden death of the body it came from, all of which it produces, although in small amounts.))

((Also, the plank storage wasn't intended to be a longterm storage. Just a lil cache that Vera was getting her stuff from. She has a couple hidden around the village, although that's the only one likely to be intact. Vera's storing her stuff in the pocket dimension.))

((I mentioned several times crossbows in particular, whose virtues for being slow to reload and perhaps weaker is it's extreme ease of use. You train for life with a bow, while a crossbow is thrown into your hands and you point with it. Anyways DnD logic says crossbows are simple weapons, which the majority of classes have the ability to use simple weapons unless specifically stated, bows are martial weapons that someone has to be well-versed enough in combat and weapons to be even able to use em'. Edited for grammar. ))

"Bows? I never said such a thing! Such strange training would leave me no time for the magical arts! I want a crossbow, which the barkeep said the bowyer had, for all I know he has slings as well. Why, a contraption such as a CROSSBOW would be most optimal for someone of my ability despite it's slow reloading that could be easily be handled as my summons go up front doing the fighting which would have no affect upon me as if they value their lives my summons fight and hold them while I fire upon them. Though if this town had any different reliable ranged weapons I would happily take them and be off, but for now I will have a meager, reliable CROSSBOW. Thinking a young elf of a spell-caster such as me would even attempt the under goings of archery when I can have much more with magic, and a crossbow."
((True.))

"Nice thing about magic is you can do pretty much whatever with it provided you have the skill. Need something similar to an arrow? Make a plant that shoots thorns grow and shoot said thorns at target. Need someone deader then dead? Try teleporting into them. Bit hard to actually hit them, but the pre entry shockwave'll probs throw them a few meters if you're precise enough. Need to fling a rock? Make a small vine construct to do it."

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2015, 09:57:47 pm »

"I'm... I'm not strong, nor is strength a common elf trait, as opposed to orcs."
"You think strong isn't an elf grate? I'm strong!"
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2015, 10:05:26 pm »

"Eh, I'd think I'd stick to the mundane sided with magic, magic preparations before with them doing their thing while I shoot. I dont want to be doing a summoning ritual in combat, too risky."
Grab the deposited coins that the badger liberalized from Ateyo

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2015, 10:12:34 pm »

I suppose I will just be the combat medic.

Meditate on what offensive capabilities life magic has.

(looks like I missed a lot)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2015, 10:15:36 pm »

The Summoner grabs the coins that the badger liberated and the Dire Badger jumps on top of a nearby table and falls asleep.
Sunlust thinks about life magic and you remember that while it has few direct combat capabilities it can do many support tasks, Such as creating a meat golem, Summoning a meat-eating plant, Transferring your enemy's life force to something else, You just have to be creative.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2015, 10:24:21 pm »

Meditate and try to sense any strong life forces nearby, such as the vampires. Second thoughts, technically they are undead. Do they still have life forces?

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2015, 10:28:08 pm »

((The vampires are 30 miles away, I doubt you can even feel any of their presence.))

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2015, 10:31:36 pm »

I'm going to try anyway, might be something nearby.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 52