Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: The Bay12 postcard club  (Read 32134 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: The Bay12 postcard club
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2015, 06:25:13 pm »

Hmm. This looks interesting. I don't have a articularly stable address at the moment, though, so I'll wait a bit before I join in.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2015, 07:17:49 pm »

Avis, I only got one from Bonn, sorry. But you don't have to send me another one if you don't want to.

Vector - Receiving a letter with a wax seal would be very cool, but I also happen to live in Belgium, so if you'd rather have some variety in your destinations, that's okay.

In any case, I still have a bunch of unused boring Belgian post cards here, as well as some international stamps, if anyone wants those. I'm up for writing full letters too, let's go back to the seventies and have pen pals all over the world!
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2015, 09:16:42 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:24:53 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2015, 01:33:13 am »

At some point, I will find a post office within striking distance (seriously, why are there no post offices?) and then I will send my cards. Until then, I'm afraid I will have to leave you guys hanging.

More people are welcome to request cards, but bear in mind that they will only be sent in the future.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2015, 03:22:22 am »

Oh, you know nothing about Poczta Polska, John Snow.
(PM me yer address)
You're saying it's worse than Pochta Rossii? That's a very bold claim.
Sounds like a challenge!

OOOOOOOOOHHHHH
That's a challenge of the century, I betcha together they can take as long to take a postcard from Poland to Russia as it takes to get one from Philippines or New Zealand.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2015, 05:15:34 am »

Oh, so many of you... I will send all the cards! Il Palazzo, Arx, EagleV, do you mind receiving one (or two!) from Russia? Do you mind sending one to? And, Sheb, I don't quite understand you: at first it seemed that you wanted a card from me... but then it was silence. What was it? Did I get it wrong?

I'm up for writing full letters too, let's go back to the seventies and have pen pals all over the world!
We may have a sub-club! What did I say? A small club inside the postcrossing one, I meant. (Makes me feel like I'm a small friendly puppet jumping around)

Oh, you know nothing about Poczta Polska, John Snow.

(PM me yer address)
You're saying it's worse than Pochta Rossii? That's a very bold claim.
Sounds like a challenge!
Ha! Can you buy flower seeds at your weak Polska Poczta? No. And Russian post sells seeds (and everything). It does everything except delivering mails.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2015, 05:19:25 am »

I'd rather not receive any cards, thanks. It might raise some inconvenient questions with my family, possibly of the kind that occurred to Sheb's dad on discovering the KGB Comrade P. had sent him a card.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2015, 05:38:36 am »

Ah, sorry Bumblebee, it slipped out of my mind. I PM'd you my address. :)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2015, 05:48:36 am »

Oh, so many of you... I will send all the cards! Il Palazzo, Arx, EagleV, do you mind receiving one (or two!) from Russia? Do you mind sending one to?

Of course I don't mind! And I'll send one back, too. Letter, post card, or both?
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2015, 05:52:47 am »

Hum ._. I'd readily in but...
> I've no idea what a postcard is. (Alright, I do, but I'm unsure how to even...do that. Like payment! And all!)
I didn't know how to send it, either. Until today. Turned out it's enough to come to the local post office and do that "Pleeeeease, m'dm, I need help" thing. She explained me what to do and sold me the stamps and everything was just okay.
...Awesome.
I can now visit my post office and probably carry my partial social anxiety over there to the nice people who run it! :D
Nah, I live in the middle of the world. Plilippines and America both are equally far, so the distance doesn't matter anymore.
You're the first person who misspelled the 'h' but got the 'l' and the double 'p' right. XD

Gimme your approximate address then, along with a recipient's name!
I will do this when I'm not shy and unsure how to use my name, thanks! :D

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2015, 06:29:25 am »

I'd rather not receive any cards, thanks. It might raise some inconvenient questions with my family, possibly of the kind that occurred to Sheb's dad on discovering the KGB Comrade P. had sent him a card.

But Sheb's dad wasn't angry, just strangely surprised, was he? And the only communistic card I had is on its way to Helgo right now. Sure, I don't insist on anything, just telling you I don't work for KGB, which sounds improbable.

Ah, sorry Bumblebee, it slipped out of my mind. I PM'd you my address. :)
Yep. But the 8th of March is a national holiday so I won't be able to send you a card until tuesday. Our glorious post wants its rest, too.

Of course I don't mind! And I'll send one back, too. Letter, post card, or both?
I'm as enthusiastic as any friendly puppet should be, so I'll send both. Your part is up to you, though.

You're the first person who misspelled the 'h' but got the 'l' and the double 'p' right. XD
Well, I used my tablet to type it. Probably I drunk a little bit too much vodka on the eve and my fingers were shaking. Should ask my bear to hide the remaining bottles. Actually I know how it's spelled- I had a very nice pinguinoid geography teacher and I know that there were many horse-loving ancient Greeks so their nationals had to invent a special name for them all  ;) Sorry.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2015, 06:43:10 am »

Well, I used my tablet to type it. Probably I drunk a little bit too much vodka on the eve and my fingers were shaking. Should ask my bear to hide the remaining bottles. Actually I know how it's spelled- I had a very nice pinguinoid geography teacher and I know that there were many horse-loving ancient Greeks so their nationals had to invent a special name for them all  ;) Sorry.

I'm... not quite sure what are you taking down there in Tula, and I think I don't want to know.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2015, 06:51:20 am »

Alright, Bumblebee, I'll PM you my address in a moment (get me yours). But I have a couple of conditions if you want to send me a post card:
1.it has to be the most outrageous postcard you can find in a reasonable time
2.I don't wish to receive any Russian mafia nor Russian mail brides with my postcard (canst thou out-stereotype me? I dare you)

As to Poczta Polska, truth be told, I was being unfair to them. They've actually improved by leaps and bounds in the past two decades.
Being snarky about them is just a bit of inertia carrying over from the olden days. It's like in this joke:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2015, 06:55:30 am »

Being snarky about them is just a bit of inertia carrying over from the olden days. It's like in this joke:

That joke implies that post employees read private correspondence, which is not quite good of them, though.
Sigs

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2015, 06:59:13 am »

That joke implies that post employees read private correspondence, which is not quite good of them, though.
Though they do read and reply to letters to Santa. At least, I've heard they do so over here, not sure about the international default.
*WHACK*
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14