Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: The Bay12 postcard club  (Read 32140 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 postcard club
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2015, 07:15:07 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:27:03 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2015, 07:26:37 pm »

I'd like one, Vec - do you want one from me? I have to go buy a postcard for Bumblebee anyway, so I'll stock up a bit.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2015, 07:33:52 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:26:46 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2015, 01:41:35 am »

Can I have one, too? Plus, I still have 12 to send, and I'm as much NOT from North America as possible. PM me your address, please.
I have to go buy a postcard for Bumblebee anyway, so I'll stock up a bit.
Hm. I have not send yours yet, either. Mostly because of being a lazy /bad person/, but because our post works until, like, 18, too. Will send it soon, at last. Or so I hope.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 11:48:09 am by Bumblebee »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2015, 04:02:56 am »

Oh, Vector, I'll claim one!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2015, 05:52:17 am »

Taking the idea of this thread, I proudly present the Bay12 postcard club!

It's pretty self-explanatory: Sending postcards back and forth so everyone ends up with a bunch of postcards from all over the world. Addresses should be shared via PM, not via post, I guess.

Who's in?
Hum ._. I'd readily in but...
> I've no idea what a postcard is. (Alright, I do, but I'm unsure how to even...do that. Like payment! And all!)
> I am shy. Argh!
> I have no idea on our specific address. -_- I mean, we have the road...but lack the specifics like house number or such that specifies the address unless specifically addressed to the family in question (or so I know, anyway).
> I'm in the Philippines [Luzon, CAR region...anyway]. All the way around the Globe from most of you! ...So PMs sound better ._. but the idea of receiving a letter I can touch and hold and trace with my hand from a friend, no matter where...that'd be extremely awesome.

Also PTW!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2015, 07:40:42 am »

Gimme your approximate address then, along with a recipient's name!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2015, 12:15:19 pm »

Hm. I have not send yours yet, either. Mostly because of being a lazy /bad person/, but because our post works until, like, 18, too. Will send it soon, at last. Or so I hope.
Yeah, I did it. You can now start counting days.

Hum ._. I'd readily in but...
> I've no idea what a postcard is. (Alright, I do, but I'm unsure how to even...do that. Like payment! And all!)
I didn't know how to send it, either. Until today. Turned out it's enough to come to the local post office and do that "Pleeeeease, m'dm, I need help" thing. She explained me what to do and sold me the stamps and everything was just okay.

> I have no idea on our specific address. -_- I mean, we have the road...but lack the specifics like house number or such that specifies the address unless specifically addressed to the family in question (or so I know, anyway).
You can ask the madam from the previous paragraph what the address of the post office is and we can try to use the "general delivery/ poste restante" option... Not sure, though.

> I'm in the Philippines [Luzon, CAR region...anyway]. All the way around the Globe from most of you! ...So PMs sound better ._. but the idea of receiving a letter I can touch and hold and trace with my hand from a friend, no matter where...that'd be extremely awesome.
Nah, I live in the middle of the world. Plilippines and America both are equally far, so the distance doesn't matter anymore.
I can send you a letter, a nice friendly letter! Not a couple of words on a tiny piece of paper called "postcard", but a whole novel. We, bees, have lots of Zizzs to express. Want so?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2015, 05:22:26 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:25:32 pm by Vector »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2015, 06:00:18 pm »

Eh, I actually quite enjoyed sending a card for Eagle V's game (I hope it got through). I think I wasted four or so cards trying to not horribly misspell the addressees' names.

Anyone wants one from the Glorious Land of SarmatiaPoland, give me a shout.

The post office lady is kinda nice too, so I wouldn't mind an excuse to loiter around. *cough*

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2015, 06:10:08 pm »

I'd like one from Vector and Il Palazzo! For contrast. I mean, Il Palazzo's should be here in like ten days, and Vector's should arrive by summer.

Also I'm now pretty sure Eagle's card got lost somewhere, so I'll send another one tomorrow.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2015, 06:11:30 pm »

Oh, you know nothing about Poczta Polska, John Snow.

(PM me yer address)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2015, 06:17:14 pm »

(PM me yer address)
You're saying it's worse than Pochta Rossii? That's a very bold claim.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2015, 06:18:02 pm »

(PM me yer address)
You're saying it's worse than Pochta Rossii? That's a very bold claim.
Sounds like a challenge!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2015, 06:22:12 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:25:11 pm by Vector »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14