Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Rise of Nations: 2 Minutes of Real Time: Forum Edition  (Read 22558 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Rise of Nations: Now Started!
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2015, 11:29:03 am »

Despot confers military benefits. Reduces price of Military research by 25%, makes infantry and upgrades 25% cheaper, and the Despot himself doubles plunder from buildings and grants plunder from killing enemy soldiers.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2015, 11:30:43 am »

And what benefits does republic grant?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2015, 11:34:10 am »

Commerce Limit for everything increased by 50 (flat rate, not percent), heals nearby soldiers in friendly territory, gives nearby building +5 armour, and can bribe enemy units to join your side.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2015, 02:35:26 pm »

Commerce Limit for everything increased by 50 (flat rate, not percent), heals nearby soldiers in friendly territory, gives nearby building +5 armour, and can bribe enemy units to join your side.
I vote for Republic. Anyone else?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2015, 02:39:22 pm »

I vote for republic as well since we have a gold mine of resources so I'm not that worried about saving money on troops
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2015, 03:07:26 pm »

I vote for despot, having played the game before. Maybe it's just me being militaristic, though...
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2015, 03:10:36 pm »

I vote for despot, having played the game before. Maybe it's just me being militaristic, though...
We're not presently at war and I don't think we're at war yet. HOWEVER, circumastances may change, and we may need to be the sword in the alliance. Since we don't have access to our unit yet, perhaps despotism will work for us until we can make them, and even more afterwards.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2015, 03:11:37 pm »

You guys know you need a Senate before you can start with the politicians, right?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2015, 03:13:00 pm »

We're not presently at war and I don't think we're at war yet. HOWEVER, circumastances may change, and we may need to be the sword in the alliance. Since we don't have access to our unit yet, perhaps despotism will work for us until we can make them, and even more afterwards.
Uh... You're on blue... We're Cyan... sorry...
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2015, 03:14:15 pm »

Uh... You're on blue... We're Cyan... sorry...

I'm utterly confused now...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2015, 03:18:20 pm »

I thought we were voting on a governmental system together since we were an alliance
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2015, 03:21:27 pm »

Alliances don't share politicians, for all a republic allying with a... despotism? Dictatorship? seems unlikely.

If that's what you meant.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2015, 04:33:41 pm »

At first, we were voting on how Blue should handle commands: two people pass a command, two people advise one person, or we throw out two people.

Then someone came up and explained the mechanics behind the game's political systems.

Then someone thought that we're talking about the alliance.

I propose that alliances do what each individual nation wishes to, and in the event that we must work together, we need at least three agreements and two or less disagreements, and at least one player on each side must agree to it.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2015, 04:39:33 pm »

At first, we were voting on how Blue should handle commands: two people pass a command, two people advise one person, or we throw out two people.

Then someone came up and explained the mechanics behind the game's political systems.

Then someone thought that we're talking about the alliance.

I propose that alliances do what each individual nation wishes to, and in the event that we must work together, we need at least three agreements and two or less disagreements, and at least one player on each side must agree to it.
Sounds good to me

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2015, 08:38:15 pm »

I thought we were voting on a governmental system together since we were an alliance
The Cyan Financial Advisor and team namer chooses republic (once a senate has been established), as it emphasizes finance over military. He also acknowledges the head of military that some fighting units might be required in order to establish a senate square in purple territory where the best resources are.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15