Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 85

Author Topic: Let's Choose in Life of a Wizard!  (Read 68134 times)

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Choose in Life of a Wizard!
« Reply #1185 on: February 06, 2015, 08:37:32 pm »

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1186 on: February 06, 2015, 08:38:29 pm »

Heh, the game is trolling us.

We could probably defeat him, if only by virtue of our fighting skills the element of surprise.
On the other hand, if we let him take us in we might be able to learn more.
On the third hand (wait, where did that hand come from?) we can probably interrogate him after we get our stuff back.
So 1.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: February 06, 2015, 08:40:30 pm »

Our parents are plain dicks, even if their dead. Might have been from us not wanting to be taught necromancy.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: February 06, 2015, 08:42:25 pm »

I want to vote for 1, but I'm not 75 fighting is enough to help us beat up everyone.
Max avatar size is 80x80

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: February 06, 2015, 08:54:30 pm »

1. What he gonna do, kill us?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: February 06, 2015, 09:08:10 pm »

I'm thinking 1.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: February 06, 2015, 09:09:39 pm »

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: February 06, 2015, 09:10:05 pm »

1. What he gonna do, kill us?
That would be a big surprise for me if this game is that harsh.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: February 07, 2015, 07:44:40 am »

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: February 07, 2015, 09:46:10 am »

2!
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: February 07, 2015, 09:57:00 am »

I felt the crack of his nose beneath my fist. He stepped back, no smile on his face, as his nose ran freely with blood. The other men around the wagon stepped forward and wrestled me to the ground, forcing the shackles onto my wrists. I was thrown into the wagon, where I saw several others who were also in chains. My life as a slave had begun.
(Fighting +5)

The cart rumbled along for several hours as I bounced around in the back. We finally arrived at our destination, where I was taken out and thrown into a pit. That night, I was led to a dirt ring surrounded by cheering people. Another slave stood across from me. He yelled something incomprehensible and attacked me!

I defended myself. (Needs 35 Fighting)
I refused to fight the man.

The slave who attacked me didn't have a chance. They'd paired me against a sick and weak person, no doubt thinking that I would be weak due to my age. The crowd cheered at my victory, after which I was thrown back into the pit.
(Fighting +10)

The life of a gladiator was pretty good. The audience loved my advanced age, finding me new and interesting compared to the other slave fighters. I learned that the people on this side called themselves the Vallorn. They were honest, hard-working people with no magic of their own.

I continued to win my matches. (Needs 60 Fighting)
I couldn't keep up the pace and began to lose my matches.

The more matches I won, the better my living conditions. I was given good food and a nice bed to sleep in. I climbed the ranks and gained the respect of the other gladiators.
(Fighting +10)

My life as a gladiator was very simple: as long as I won my fights, I lived a very luxurious lifestyle. I remember the day I was scheduled to compete against the champion. The roar of the crowd was deafening, and I was quite pleased to see that nearly half of the audience was cheering for me to win.

I became the champion. (Needs 90 Fighting)
I lost.

I could hardly believe it when I landed the blow that brought the current champion down. The crowd went wild, cheering me on and roaring with appreciation. My victory was short-lived, however; bells began to ring, and I was hurried back to my room. The rest of the fights for the day were cancelled.
(Fighting +20, Warcraft +15)

Word came after a few days: the nation was going to war. There was talk about 'holes' in the sky that led to a land full of riches. I quickly surmised that this was my homeworld that they spoke of; somehow, my amulet had created multiple bridges across the planes.

I began to wrack my brain for a way to find one of these holes when the opportunity fell into my lap. I was told that I was now a soldier in the army. I took the role and found myself marching across the land with other recruits. I could barely suppress a smile as we were led through one of these holes and back into my homeworld. I could feel my magic return immediately.

I looked past the soldiers around me and saw the outline of Tornassa in the distance. They were marching on the capital city. The Vallorn people had no magic—their very world made the mystical arts cease to function—but they were very fierce warriors. Add to that their enormous population, and it was easy to see how they had made it to the steps of the kingdom's capital. The wizards of the Academy had helped a bit, but even they could not hold out against the sheer tenacity and determination of the Vallorn. Once a few wizards had been killed, others stopped volunteering to help, and the tide of the war turned against the kingdom.

I made myself invisible and hurried to the castle ahead of the advancing army. (Needs 60 Illusion)
I laid waste to the army around me. (Needs 75 Conjuration)

I sent out waves of fear, making the soldiers flee before me. (Needs 70 Enchantment)
I summoned swarms of demons to attack the army. (Needs 60 Summoning)
I waited for the army to attack Tornassa and then entered with them.

It felt good to be casting again. The soldiers didn't know what was happening as demons of all sizes appeared among them. I was able to walk through the chaos and into Tornassa without any trouble.
(Summoning +10)

King Travis greeted me warmly, as did my wife, Hermann. I was happy to hear that they hadn't found a new court wizard while I was gone. Prince Kyle had been found in my tower, alone but safe. The invading armies had shown up several months later, but they never connected the two events. I looked out the window and saw that the invaders had completely surrounded Tornassa. The aliens wouldn't stop. They'd just keep sending invasion force after invasion force.

1) I went out and negotiated a peace with the general. (Needs 60 Diplomacy)
2) I marshaled the troops and led a brilliant counter attack. (Needs 60 Warcraft)

I created the Illusion of great defenses. (Needs 60 Illusion)
I created a devastating firestorm, killing everyone outside of the castle walls, friend and foe alike. (Needs 70 Conjuration)

3) Tornassa was invaded.

Spoiler: Current Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:43:56 am by Un67 »

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: February 07, 2015, 10:01:35 am »

2, c'mon we have excellent kingdom defense

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: February 07, 2015, 10:03:08 am »

2 Let's kick asses.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: February 07, 2015, 10:05:49 am »

1, no point in using our armies on things if we can stop those things with words.

And then take over the world ourselves...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: February 07, 2015, 10:10:52 am »

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 85