Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 85

Author Topic: Let's Choose in Life of a Wizard!  (Read 68124 times)

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Choose in Life of a Wizard!
« Reply #1155 on: February 06, 2015, 03:29:08 pm »

1, crazy and old. Good pairing for mercy
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: February 06, 2015, 04:36:34 pm »

The king was very happy at my discretion, and it allowed the wedding festivities to continue without interruption.
(Royal Faction +15)

The rest of the wedding ceremony went by without any problems. The elves were very happy that the wedding had been successful. Queen Yasmine was able to help the entire kingdom become closer to the land once again. Personally, I was given a beautiful wedding present from the elves, an expensive book filled with herblore.
(Kingdom Ecology Increases, Nature +20, Alchemy +20, Healing +20)

The kingdom was ecstatic when the queen became pregnant a year later, giving birth to a half-elf boy named Kyle. The entire kingdom breathed a sigh of relief when the boy was born. The royal family had an heir to the throne. I think Travis fell in love with Yasmine. Either way, he treated her with great respect. The situation in Daria was amazing. Sages were beginning to speculate that we were entering a Golden Age.

My magical might had grown considerably through the years, although I didn't rely solely upon reading the books of other wizards. As a true mage, my tower held all sorts of experiments. My arcane research into the various branches of magic was very expensive, but well worth it.

I had 12848 gold.

(Basically, this is a chance for us to spend our gold on improving our magic school. For each 1000 gold we spend on studying on a magic school, we will get a bonus to that magic school depending on our current level in that school, going from 20% at a low skill level to 15% at a moderate skill level to 10% at a high skill level. Here's how you guys will vote here:

First, vote for how much gold we spend on improving our magic skills, between 0 and 12000. This must be a multiple of 1000.
Secondly, cast three votes on the magic schools you would prefer for us to study. The schools you can vote for are Alchemy, Conjuration, Enchantment, Illusion, Necromancy, and Summoning. You are allowed to vote for the same school more than once.

Your votes will allow me to determine the order in which I will improve the spells schools. What I will do is improve the first school until we've maxed it out or run out of money. If we max it out, I'll go to the next school and do the same thing, and so on until we run out of money. For example, let's say we decided to spend 3000 gold, and the schools that receive the most votes are Alchemy and then Conjuration. What I would do then is improve Alchemy twice, bringing it to 100%, then spend the remaining 1000 gold on Conjuration. Now, there are some things to consider. Firstly, we will have one more opportunity to improve our kingdom, and as you may remember advisers cost 5000 gold each, and we may need or want to spend some money on them later on. Secondly, having as many spell schools at 100% as possible will be very useful in the last portion of the game.)

Spoiler: Current Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 04:40:27 pm by Un67 »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: February 06, 2015, 04:38:50 pm »

7,000 gold, whatever schools people decide on
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: February 06, 2015, 04:44:30 pm »

Also 7000. What skill ranges are low, moderate, and high?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Un67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: February 06, 2015, 04:49:03 pm »

I don't know what the ranges are, sorry, but I can tell you that the moderate skill range begins somewhere around fifty, and that Alchemy is already in the high skill range.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 06, 2015, 04:52:20 pm »

7,000 gold, whatever schools people decide on
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: February 06, 2015, 05:11:40 pm »

Alchemy, Enchantment, Summoning, say I.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: February 06, 2015, 05:28:38 pm »

Alchemy, Enchantment, Summoning, say I.
+1

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: February 06, 2015, 05:32:46 pm »

We're already a hotshot at Alchemy, so we may not actually want to invest in that heavily. If we spend 7000, I say...

3 counts of Summoning, bumping that skill to 91.

4 counts of Enchantment, bumping that skill to 96.

I'm sure there will be ways to bring Alchemy up to speed, but both Enchantment and Summoning seem to see good use in battle situations now that we're no less Warrior and more Historian.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: February 06, 2015, 05:34:43 pm »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1165 on: February 06, 2015, 05:37:53 pm »

We're already a hotshot at Alchemy, so we may not actually want to invest in that heavily. If we spend 7000, I say...

I'm sure there will be ways to bring Alchemy up to speed, but both Enchantment and Summoning seem to see good use in battle situations now that we're no less Warrior and more Historian.
+1. Plus, because those may get moderate bonus, we might max them out, so we can put anything left in alchemy. And if we max that out, necromancy.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:40:20 pm by Parisbre56 »

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1166 on: February 06, 2015, 05:40:47 pm »

+1. Plus, because those may get moderate bonus, we might max them out, so we can put anything left in alchemy. And if we max that out, necromancy.
+1.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: February 06, 2015, 05:41:25 pm »

+1
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Un67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 06, 2015, 05:58:18 pm »

OK, looks like we're spending 7000 on Enchantment, Summoning, Alchemy, and Necromancy, in that order.

The result is that we max out Enchantment, using 4000 gold, and bring Summoning up to 96, using 3000 gold. The issue was that as we raised those skills, we experienced diminishing returns.

Harold was doing quite well as a wizard.

1) I visited a lot.
2) I didn't visit very often.

Spoiler: Current Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 08:40:23 pm by Un67 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1169 on: February 06, 2015, 05:59:55 pm »

Ah, I hoped we were going to max them out. Oh well.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 85