Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Kingdom of Abaddon: An Evolving RTD  (Read 4456 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Abaddon: An Evolving RTD
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 03:43:02 pm »

Go to an inn and sing a few songs. Try to get a lot of cash.

I assume we all start in that city?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2014, 04:02:45 pm »

"Helen?" Martellus asked to the empty desk at the front of his office.

"HELEEEEEEEEEEEEN?"

Still no answer.

"Now where has that girl gone? There is no meat in my meat pie! This is borderline criminal and I won't stand for it."

his eye falls on a note on the desk.

"Dear sir, I am hereby quitting my job to go live with my mother, blah blah blah, three months backpay, blah blah blah. Pee ess, there is no meat in your meat pie because you are, in fact, mostly broke."

Martellus stood there for a moment, a frown of concentration on his face. Then, like the spring slowly replacing winter, comprehension came to him

"Broke?! But we only got that artifact for that king a little while ago. The blue ring, from the cult of some fertility godess. That was only like, let's see..."
He fishes a small notebook from his inner robe pocket

"Half a year ago...deary me, It's been half a year since I had to work. Well, this won't do, this won't do at all!"

He fetches a note and some nails, putting on his tattered red wizard hat. It has little yellow stars embroidered on it, a birthday gift from his mother.

Moments later, anyone passing in front of his office could see a robed man nailing a piece of paper the door using an oak staff as a hammer. The piece of paper simply reads:

PROFESSIONAL WIZARD FOR HIRE. NO JOB TOO SMALL OR LARGE. EXCELLENT RATES, INQUIRE WITHIN

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2014, 05:42:43 pm »

Go to an inn and sing a few songs. Try to get a lot of cash.

I assume we all start in that city?
Uh... sure. Unless otherwise noted, all players start in the city of Quasqueton.

[6+1] The crowd of lunch-eaters look confused at first, but are singing along by the end. [5+2] A fair amount of currency is deposited at your feet. "Encore! Encore!"
------------------
PROFESSIONAL WIZARD FOR HIRE. NO JOB TOO SMALL OR LARGE. EXCELLENT RATES, INQUIRE WITHIN
If there is no RP response to this, I will have an NPC come by. I have to get back to working now, tho.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2014, 07:28:30 pm »

All the men-at-arms wear the same uniform, outfitted by Sir Harris' master-at-arms back in his keep. The militia are handed spears, and whatever armor they could find or make out of leather.

Sir Harris had noted Jonathan Ethar ever since he found service in his house. He knew of his desire to be knighted, and his skill at arms was impressive for a farmer's boy. This quest would be his test. He summoned Jonathan to him.

"This day is yours to make, boy. Prove your bravery, and you shall no longer be Jonathan the farmer, but Sir Jonathan Ethar. You shall have command of the five militia. A true knight is strong, courteous, wise, but most of all a leader."

Give Jonathan command of the five militia. Take the four men-at-arms and scout ahead. Once we find bandits a rider is to be sent to find Jonathan; if the bandits are manageable, he is to assist us. If they are too many and we are outmatched, he is to ride back to my keep and raise more men to fight.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2014, 10:45:05 pm »

Sing them a tale about an ancient dragon who was slain by his own foolish lists for gold.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2014, 11:40:27 pm »

Give Jonathan command of the five militia. Take the four men-at-arms and scout ahead. Once we find bandits a rider is to be sent to find Jonathan; if the bandits are manageable, he is to assist us. If they are too many and we are outmatched, he is to ride back to my keep and raise more men to fight.
A bandit camp! Just beyond our forest! You survey the land. You see the bandit camp described in Reply #14 but on your side there are wooden spikes on the barricades, because its most defensive side faced the forest. You send back a rider to find Jonathan, but do you give him a message of attack or retreat?
--------------
Generally me: Read Cheesecake's latest post (in case you have not already).
While you wait at the outskirts of the forests, a mounted man-at-arms approaches you. He says he brings with him a message.
--------------
Pancaek: An NPC well-dressed man walks into your office. "I have a deal for you," he says, "I want you to help me investigate." He pauses dramatically, "There are rumors of a monster in the nearby mountains. A Weremammoth: man by day, colossal beast by night. I will pay you quite a bit to find it...and I am willing to pay you even more if you kill it. Do we have a deal?"
--------------
Nidilap: [5+1] Although this performance was a tad bit worse than the last, it's all the same to the commoners ears. [4] Although they found the song's subject interesting, if there was a deep allegory within it, it flew over their heads.
[3] A little more money tipped, but nothing close to the amount of last time. The people go back to their eating, drinking, and very loud talking.
"I think you should go," says a stout, little man you didn't notice before. He appears to be the inn's resident bard.

GM Inquiry: How is your "Lute of Sweet Licks" magical?
--------------
Announcement:
Do you think it would be a good expansion to start a new thread as a "quest board," where I could write various tasks from the cityfolk, and you could post adventures for your fellow players? Perhaps it could serve also as a bulletin board, proclaiming the results of the last great quests, adding sort of a "fame" mechanic.
Phew...all of this is so tiring. I may need to enslave enlist a Co-GM... Just a thought.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:38:46 pm by Pavellius »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 01:50:24 am »

The rider says, "Hurry! Follow me to Sir Harris! He's found the bandit camp. We need your help."

Sir Harris and his men await Jonathan. Once he appears, Sir Harris orders him, "You and your men are to covertly sneak into the camp and set it alight. If anyone gets in your way, kill them, but focus on burning their tents. Once they begin to fan out, we will run them down, gather them up and take them to the keep. There they will find justice."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

blazing glory

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2014, 02:21:51 am »

Kuran doesn't know who he is or even his real name, he is also apparently, a skeleton, after eventually crawling out of his own grave, he could find no evidence of who he was, there wasn't even a tombstone, he went to some ruins in the distance, but all he could find were crumbling skeletons in weapons and armor, he has three goals, in order of priority, 1: Find out who he was. 2: Find out why he came back, and 3: Possibly find someone to restore his powers of speech, he has taken a halberd and armor and sets out into the world.

And to nab Nidilaps thing.

Inventory: Halberd, plate armor.

Pros:Feel's no pain, doesn't tire.

Cons:Weak to blunt damage, can't speak, generally rejected by populace.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2014, 02:32:24 am »

Follow the the rider back assist in any way possible

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2014, 05:43:41 am »

I am wandering in the wilderness, finding food to eat
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2014, 07:32:12 am »

Martellus just stared at the man, silently counting to ten before he speaks.

"So you want me to find a huge animal that for some reason you cannot find yourself and kill it. Excuse me for a second."

He stands up and walks to the other side of the desk, looking at the name plaque in an exagerrated way

"How odd, this plaque does say 'H. Martellus, wizard'. And I'm even wearing a red robe and a pointy hat with stars on it. Because it seems to ME." He whirls around to face the man, eyes now a deep crimson in colour "That you were looking for a hunter. Or maybe a godsdamned zoologist! The nerve you have, hauling your fat, hoity toity ass in here and asking me to go hunt some manimal! I am a wizard, I deal in the magical and the bizarre. Ancient ruins, artefacts, the dead coming back to life for a cup of tea! Not in dirt and tracks. Good day to you sir, leave my office before I melt some of that fat from your body!"

((So, OOC. I don't think you should make another thread for quests. Maybe just use the senate thread for that? It just seems like a waste to make another thread just for quests.

As for Martellus' magic, I was thinking of natural talent: fire. Schools studied: force (telekinesis and the like), conjuration. Sound okay?))

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2014, 12:54:19 pm »

Have you ever played Brütal Legend? I can play it to cause Evocation magic. It's a line of defense noone picks  up on. Aside from that, I can play it normally

Oh, hello there. A fellow bard, eh? Maybe we can jam out a bit?

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2014, 01:40:52 pm »

Thanks for explaining, Nidilap.
Can't update now, not much time.
Feel free to look at the my Rough Draft of the Rules for Magic, on the Senate thread.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2014, 03:26:37 pm »

Oh, hello there. A fellow bard, eh? Maybe we can jam out a bit?
"Very well. I seems I have to show you the door," says the bard to you, in a low voice. He then proceeds to sing a song, mocking you and your bardic skills.
[4+1] The song does pretty well, [4+1] and the lunch-eaters roar with laughter at your expense.
----------------
Pancaek:
"It seems you decline my offers. I shall a talk with your competitor. Maybe I'll pass you some change when your begging on the street."
The man storms out of your office. Your not-so-meat pie has been subtracted by a suspicious bite mark.
----------------
Cheesecake and Generally me:
Everyone is lined up at the edge of the forest, hidden from the bandits. The order has been given, and the action is about to start. If you would like to revise your plan, this is the time. (I want to give darkpaladin109 a chance to post. Your attack would happen simultaneously with his.)
----------------
I am wandering in the wilderness, finding food to eat
[2+1] You find a berry bush, but you are still hungry. You hear a loud squeal.
----------------
blazing glory: As you wander though the wilderness, you feel a necromantic aura nearby.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 03:41:36 pm by Pavellius »

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2014, 04:59:55 pm »

try not to kill people rather wound them so we can try to get information from them later.

tell soldiers to the same but don't be afraid to kill if they have to.

Also thank sir Harris profusely for giving him an opportunity to show his worth
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:07:34 pm by Generally me »
Pages: 1 [2] 3