Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Kingdom of Abaddon: An Evolving RTD  (Read 4452 times)

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kingdom of Abaddon: An Evolving RTD
« on: December 28, 2014, 09:39:07 pm »

What is this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Setting

Character Sheet

Playerlist
1)Cheesecake : Sir Harris Decker, Knight, Ranger Officer, Skilled Jouster
2)Pancaek : H. Martellus, Practical Wizard, Consultant
3)darkpaladin109 : Sir Morlock the Dark, Ex-Knight, Ambitious Necromancer
4)Salsacookies : Nth, Ex-Tribesman, Weremammoth
5)Nidilap : Ned, Charming Bard, Frail Adventurer
6)Generally me : Johnathan Ethar, Mounted Man-at-Arms, Combat Healer
7)blazing glory : Kuran, Reanimated Skeleton
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 03:21:45 pm by Pavellius »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Abaddon: An Evolving RTD
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 07:34:15 am »

Sir Harris Decker is a knight sworn to the service of the King of Abaddon. He is 27 years of age, standing near six foot. He has auburn hair kept short, with stubble of a darker hue growing. His eyes are steely gray, his nose has been repeatedly broken and his lip bears a scar. He specializes in jousting and is proficient in the longsword.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 12:40:35 pm »

Sir Harris Decker is a knight...
While were waiting for more players, would you rather:
-further define your character (Is he the king's bodyguard perhaps?)
or
-begin the action!

Either way, please tell me where your character will start out.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:56:43 pm by Pavellius »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 02:01:15 pm »

Mr H. Martellus is a wizard. He knew this was the case ever since, at the age of eight, he set his younger cousin on fire by simply scowling hard after said cousin stole his favourite tin soldier. being the eight son in a family of forresters certainly left its mark on his development. Whereas wizards traditionally come in the short and fat variety from spending all their time in libraries and universities, Martellus is tall and muscular. Though, to his regret, he has not been able to avoid getting at least somewhat fat. he theorizes his gut might be the result of latent magical energies building up inside of his body, surely all the pie has nothing to do with it. 

Though he still favours the traditional pointy hat and robe, he wears practical clothing underneath, as well as favouring steel toed boots over the more traditional pointy suede shoes. His staff is likewise made out of solid oak with a metal knob at the end. The pointy hat is enchanted to hold a great deal of items, and is also rather warm and comfy on his bald head. What he lacks in hair on his head he more than makes up for with his large and snowy white beard. He has a loud and thunderous voice, and many a young adventurer has withered under the steely gaze of his ever color-switching eyes.

Now, at the ripe age of 58, he works in one of Abaddon's cities as a consultant to adventurers, heroes and leaders alike.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 04:00:58 pm »

Sir Morlok the Dark is a warrion and former knight of Abaddon who now seeks to conquer Abaddon. To fulfill this, he has ventured far and wide to know the power of necromancy - though only at a very basic level, and he now seeks to build up an army of undead with it. He wears large and cumbersome black armor that mostly servers purposes of intimidation rather that practicality. He has never taken the armor off, at least as long as anyone can remember. He is mainly proficient in the art of sword and shield combat, as his armor makes him far too heavy to actually ride a horse, and he has yet to find a creature both tame and strong enough to carry him.
While he attacked bandit camps or tribes of underground creatures to build up his army at first, he is now preparing to raze some minor villages.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 06:49:35 pm »

Mr H. Martellus ... works in one of Abaddon's cities as a consultant to adventurers, heroes and leaders alike.
Remember: You choose your purpose!
-Feel free to make up a quest that one of your customers mentions to you. It will set you on your path.
or
-I could make up a quest for you, if you wish to be surprised.

Your choice.
----------------
Sir Morlok the Dark ... is now preparing to raze some minor villages.
You look across plain from a nearby hill. Your undead army squad behind you, composed of 8 adults and 2 children. (Only about half of the bodies you attempt raise actually reanimate, and although they're strong, they're also fragile. You take what you can get.) A bandit camp holds your gaze, a final preparation for the larger attack you are planning.
The situation above is just an example. You may choose this as your "starting point," or make up your own (although your zombie squad's size should remain the same).

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 06:59:45 pm »

((I've got a pretty good idea for a quest, though I'd need the name/location of some ruins and the name of some artifact, if you've thought up any for your setting. Also, how does magic work in your setting? also, could you name the city I start in? so I know where my office is.))

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 07:02:16 pm »

The bandit camp's fine with me.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 09:53:33 pm »

Sir Harris raises a retinue of 5 men-at-arms and 10 militia to keep the king's peace. They scour the forests for bandits and outlaws. He begins raising men in the capital of Abaddon: the Palace Court and its outskirt villages.

(Not sure if you have planned names or special features of the Kingdom; if you do I'll try to tone down the world-building.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 10:06:38 pm »

I'll update tomorrow.
Also, the maximum amount of people you can have under your command at the beginning is ten.
An OOC Rules thread will be created to determine the rules for magic (see link below)
Updates will happen tomorrow.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147076.0
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:11:33 pm by Pavellius »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 11:32:26 pm »

Nth was a regular hunter, who had the misfortune of angering forces he did not know existed. He was a member of a great tribe, behind the times certainly, but great in the strength and will of its men, and great in their belief that the mystical is false, that anything that was seen as magic or odd could be explained through the natural, and could be written off as illusion, or if true, bent to the will of man to obey his command, for he is king of all things natural. Nth was a staunch believer of this atheistic thought, and he would be the first to combat these shrewd superstitions, and this is exactly how he became cursed to be a monster for the rest of his days, and exiled from his tribe for his crime of being a magical being.

Nth was a hunter and tamer of mammoth, and he believed that through sheer will and conditioning of the beast, he could become the ruler of this and any other creature he desired to gain mastery of. He found a family of mammoth who refused his will however, so he went to punishing the beast, in plans to break them, or kill them should they still refuse, if necessary. It was during this time that an old man came from nowhere, and pleaded him to stop, or the spirits would punish him. Nth scoffed and insulted him, saying that spirits weren't real, and that he was a fool and senile for believing this. To drive home the point, he began to be cruel to the mammoth, stabbing their sides and cracking their toes with blunt rocks and sharp stone, and even used poison to torment the creatures, to spite the spirits and have their punishment reign down on him, and he got exactly what he wished.

The old man was really a minor deity in disguise, and his show of cruelty and pure disrespect of others angered him greatly, so he shook off his mortal visage to show his true form, to show Nth the spirits were real, but even then, Nth wasn't impressed. Nth mocked the deity, shaking his hands and yelling "oh no, the illusion, it so scary! Ah hahahah!" Nth then began to poke at the deity, and make fun of it, and then he challenged it. "Make me believe your false claims, or the mammoth will burn. I am king, and nothing will ever surpass me, you old, senile joker, Ha!" It was then that the deity became so angered that it cursed Nth, and it was then that Nth finally believed. Nth was cursed to be a WereMammoth, an immortal creature that is man in the day, and half-man half-mammoth monster by moon. Nth, finally disillusioned, tried to convince the tribe that the supernatural was real, but they brushed him off and poked fun at him relentlessly. However, when he turned, the tribe shooed of the monster, and the man, from their tribe, and he has been in exile ever since.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 01:44:49 am »

Realizing that such a large party would slow them down and wouldn't be effective at chasing bandits, Sir Harris relieves 5 of his militia, leaving him with 5 mounted men-at-arms and 5 militia.

He then begins to search the forests in the kingdom for hideouts and hovels.
Dying of laughter?

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 01:45:34 pm »

Ned is a bard who loves to play his magical lute, bedding wenches, and slashing his sword at creatures. He's not the most enduring guy, but his swiftness and charm make up for it.

Inventory: Short Sword, Lute of Sweet Licks, Clothes, Book of Songs.

Pros: Charming, Lady Killer, Swift

Cons: Frail, Kinda Dumb, Can't carry much
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 02:24:44 pm »

Jonathan Ethar is a mounted man at arms serving Sir Harris he is 18. He is a pretty standard looking, brown hair tanned skin and a round friendly face, he is quite tall and reasonably strong but nothing more than any other soldier. He is wearing an iron breast plate, leather gloves chain leggings leather boots, a iron helm and a flowing red cape with the insignia of his Lord on it. His weapons are a iron long sword and a shield. He is skilled with both, but what really makes him stand out is his exceptional skill with healing magic, managing to heal wounds even during battle.

He grew up in the countryside very far away from the capital where there were frequent raids by the tribes so he grew learning how to fend for himself. His father was a farmer but wanted more than anything for his son to become more than just a farmer, so he spent his livelihood to get Knights and soldiers who were stationed at the village to teach him sword and horse skills as well etiquette. During a night raid on his village he saw a friend of his on the ground and tried to help him next thing he knew all the wounds on his friends body had healed. When he left home at the age of 14 with a group of merchants travelling to the capital he showed his prowess in both the sword and healing which eventually led him to being recommended for training as a knight. So now at the age of 18 he has only has to show his skill in a real battle to fulfil his fathers dream and become a knight

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 02:45:17 pm »

It is afternoon.

((I've got a pretty good idea for a quest, though I'd need the name/location of some ruins and the name of some artifact, if you've thought up any for your setting. Also, how does magic work in your setting? also, could you name the city I start in? so I know where my office is.))
Feel free to PM me any ideas for quests, ruins, artifacts, etc. This applies not just to Pancaek, but anyone wanting to make their mark upon this world. I might make a list of various important objects/locations later on, and your ideas can be among them.
You start in the city of Quasqueton. It is large and crowded metropolis, surrounded by tall, imposing walls. Your office is near the center of this city.
---------------
Salsacookies & Nidilap:
Where are you right now? What are you doing? Adventuring? Wandering?
---------------
Chezcake:
You now have a player under your command (Generally me)! Do all your troops have the same outfit as him? Will you promote him to Second-in-Command? (RP this out with him)
Also, will you be going alongside your troops through the forest?
---------------
Generally me: Just wait a while. Your Knight Officer is making some decisions.
---------------
The bandit camp's fine with me.
The bandit camp is composed of 8 medium tents, 2 tethering poles (with 4 horses tethered to it) and a large bonfire in the center. The camp is surrounded by a chest-high barricade, with two guards patrolling around. Within the barricades, you can count 8 - no, wait - 9 others. Only the guards have weapons or armor: leather chestplates and crude spears.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 05:14:32 pm by Pavellius »
Pages: [1] 2 3