Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Era of Diesel - OOC Thread - Shadow of the Khans [8/8]  (Read 14201 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Era of Diesel - OOC Thread - Shadow of the Khans [8/8]
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2015, 05:03:39 pm »

Quote from: als
47->(via 48)->104.
2x31->47
32->47

Constutction:
HQ in 47, academy in 46,32.
Can I construct a fort in 104?
if not, I'd like to transfer the point to my northern ally.

I'm implementing the multiple province captures like Haspen is, and you can't do multiple moves to move->capture->move->capture. Nor can you build in occupied territory (until it is annexed, earliest next turn)
I thought so, but it never hurts to check. I will changy my turn to 47-> 48 momentarily
or give another player your PI.
I think I can:
You may choose to exchange either RP, Max Armies, or Provincial Improvements per turn for something else agreed upon by the other player, whether it be one of the previous items, an alliance, or as tribute to your conqueror.
well, he technically has to ok it first, if you'd like to wait for that.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2015, 05:05:33 pm »

He does have to approve the treaty and it becomes a turn-by-turn thing, rather than a 1 shot. Like all treaties mid-game it requires him to ratify it during his turn, and cannot be enacted until then.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2015, 05:08:02 pm »

Consider it made on turn 0. It's not like this is a surprise.

But if you insist: can I build PIs in other nations territory (Like in Sheb's game?)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2015, 05:09:18 pm »

Unfortunately no, the only provinces you may build upon are your own.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2015, 05:09:54 pm »

So, If I understand this correctly, saying I want to give someone a resource of some kind:

I propose now, he accepts on his next turn, and on my next turn (ie, the month after), trade starts.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2015, 05:11:07 pm »

What exactly happens if I break this treaty?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2015, 05:13:09 pm »

So, If I understand this correctly, saying I want to give someone a resource of some kind:

I propose now, he accepts on his next turn, and on my next turn (ie, the month after), trade starts.

Exactly. Or for any new treaty out there. Carry overs that weren't taken off the table during pre-game also remain in play, but those had to be declared in advance.

Since the changes only apply at the start of the global turn, you'll stop exchanging the turn after. The only diplomacy that is truly instantaneous is War.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2015, 05:20:59 pm »

Since the changes only apply at the start of the global turn, you'll stop exchanging the turn after. The only diplomacy that is truly instantaneous is War.
This is all very inconvenient, but I guess that's why it doesn't take a treaty point. :P

Exactly.
Uhm... so confirm something for me: treaty announcements have to happen in your turn post? That's not how the rules are written, but I will accept it, since we're just starting.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2015, 05:25:52 pm »

Hrm, you have a point on the "your turn" bit, but there's also:

Activation:

All treaties are officially recognized at the start of the next turn after both two powers announce the treaties publicly in Game Thread. Talks can be secret (via PM, for example) but without public announcement from both Players, the treaty is not valid.

Since it wasn't written I guess I'll let them be declared during any turn between.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2015, 05:41:07 pm »

very well. I have finished editing my turn, it's now:
Army movements:

47->48
2x31->47
32->47

Constutction:
HQ in 47, academy in 46,32.
fort in 41.

Research: explosive shells.
A temporary treaty of 1 IC for "general goodwill" is offered to Aethonian Empire.
(starting next turn.)
Although it's a lot less effectual now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2015, 03:04:35 am »

How does RP trading operate in conjuction with blueprint bonii. Can we trade the extra RP generated from the blueprint? If we trade away RP, do we loose associated bonus RP?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2015, 10:45:31 am »

How does RP trading operate in conjuction with blueprint bonii. Can we trade the extra RP generated from the blueprint? If we trade away RP, do we loose associated bonus RP?

You can only trade RP you receive without the blueprint bonus.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2015, 11:48:20 am »

You can only trade RP you receive without the blueprint bonus.
Do you get to keep the bonus for yourself though? If not, do you get the bonus if RP is traded to you (reverse?)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2015, 11:50:40 am »

Yeah you keep the bonus no matter what. You can look at it as a separate bonus on top of your standard RP that cannot be traded away.

Jarno21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2015, 05:51:31 pm »

Question: can you build both a fleet and a provincial improvement in the same province on a turn?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15