Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: Ravens are murder. [SPOILERS]  (Read 165958 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Ravens are murder. [SPOILERS]
« Reply #390 on: October 26, 2015, 07:28:47 pm »

PTW, LW you magnificent bastard.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 26, 2015, 07:39:01 pm »

Flood the world with magma, of course.

Unless...this is 0.34, isn't it?

Yeah, you're basically done after this siege ends, unless there's something brilliant up your sleeve! (Which I wouldn't doubt.)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 26, 2015, 07:54:19 pm »

Epic. In the traditional sense.

Camulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 27, 2015, 02:23:52 am »

After the fort falls, you should write a bloody novel(s).

From yer embark to the final stand of the last dwarve, pages of utter chaos topped with undead ravens, demon hunting in the depths of hell and a great siege that the gods would feel envious of.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 28, 2015, 08:06:48 pm »

dear.....amok.....just read through all this. What started with weaponized undead ravens and weaponized undead processing plant has...turned into a LOTR worthy siege.
as the men through themselves hopelessly against the walls only to be pushed back, trapped, and cut down. So they settle down and trap you, slowly working out weaknesses as you work your plans and gather up the force of undeath to take them out in a blood bowl that shall leave one enemy replaced with one significantly weaker but in greater numbers.
And how the humans struggle on in pain and in misery as their own comrade's corpses and organs come back to haunt them! May this story ring in the halls of Amok for time to come.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:09:19 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 29, 2015, 01:55:45 pm »

You should call your next for Sunderthunders. I got it as an artifact name and thought of Silentthunders.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #396 on: November 14, 2015, 07:50:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Dwarves have been toiling to fortify the dining Fortress in anticipation of a very long siege without access to the overworld, the foodsmiths working endlessly to prepare preserved meals to boost food stocks. Some of the war eagles on the rooftops were shot by humans, nothing is getting out. The humans and Dwarves however did not fight, an informal truce having broken out, bound by the walls of Silentthunders and the unnatural influence of the dwarf blood skies.
The humans were corralled in the south side quarter, the bridges raised and the magma incendiary. The advancing humans were halted and the retreating ones joined their advancing column, morale having been restored and wild mounts tamed. The Dwarves only needed to keep the humans there long enough to pull the lever. When the Dwarves finally got round to it, they were in for a surprise intervention from Sazir Razorbelts.
Well, Sazir Razorbelts as usual was an unknown presence. In lieu of Sazir Fucking Razorbelts's ostensible appearance his dead army of skinless elf corpses attacked, surrounding the humans. I believe it was the human pikeman, Copnut Skydrinker - ah yes, good name for a hero. Copnut Skydrinker was the last soldier from the human vanguard to go down. The unseemly arrival of so many elven buffeteers of human flesh tipped the scale of battle against Copnut Skydrinker.
Copnut Skydrinker died on the brass road outnumbered 30 to 1, poking and lopping off limbs this way and that with his pike till the end. Looking through the battle in closer detail reveals that there are still four humans alive, all mounted on their steeds and darting through the undead with excellent horsemanship. I hope the likes of Timik Calmbattles and Are Moppedquake are quick to flee home.
The main human host set upon the cadaverous host with martial efficiency, it truly made me glad to know that all those Elves trampled underhoof were not Dwarven soldiers. I was not concerned for their brief success, for Sazir had allowed the Dwarves enough time to pull the lever.

AND SO OPEN THE FLOODGATES OF HELL AND UNLEASH LEGION UPON THE WORLD, AYANYU THE WORLD EATING CORPSE WORM - SQUEAL YOUR FETID ROAR AND REVEAL YOUR BRUTAL STRENGTH TO THE MORTAL HUMAN WORLD! THE GRASPING ARMS, BEAKS AND TEETH OF SO MANY FLESH BEASTS AND BONE MONSTERS IS RELEASED FROM THEIR CONFINES TO TEAR INTO THE RANKS OF HUMANKIND.

*Technically speaking, no actual floodgates were used nor was a new passage to hell opened. The floodgates were bridges and hell is a corpse bomb on solid ground.

Spoiler: Replies (click to show/hide)

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 14, 2015, 08:00:02 pm »

O.O

I've run out of ways to congratulate you on the epicness of your endeavors.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 14, 2015, 08:13:04 pm »

It's happening!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 14, 2015, 09:07:21 pm »

Hot damn that's a lot of zombies. You've got a right Trenchbeast there.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #400 on: November 14, 2015, 09:41:35 pm »

What.

Just what.

You are the best.

(Also, is there something about fortresses with names containing "thunder"? It seems that they're usually very awesome.)

(Also also, required plea for save. Save pls it's too awesome to not give the save etc etc)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 14, 2015, 10:27:13 pm »

So much blood, and bodies, and people. Truly this smells like a dwarven fort
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 15, 2015, 02:53:07 pm »

Some excellent mood-setting at the end there! PS I will check out Swordthunders.

Pseudo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 22, 2015, 07:25:31 pm »

It's too bad that units can't invade from your fort...

I can just imagine a flood of daemons devouring everything until you're the only thing left alive...
The lady the dog the paper the boy writ hit bit knit.

English is weird.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 22, 2015, 08:15:54 pm »

It'd actually be pretty neat if demons would go marauding if you gave them a path.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32