Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32

Author Topic: Ravens are murder. [SPOILERS]  (Read 165819 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Ravens are murder. [SPOILERS]
« Reply #405 on: November 22, 2015, 11:18:19 pm »

It'd actually be pretty neat if demons would go marauding if you gave them a path.
Then demons invade your future forts from the surface if you leave an open path to hell when the fortress gets abandoned...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 22, 2015, 11:18:56 pm »

Well yeah?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 23, 2015, 02:06:29 am »

I just binged this whole thread. LW you really are an excellent writer. PTW; I have to see how this ends.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Pseudo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 23, 2015, 12:17:17 pm »

It'd actually be pretty neat if demons would go marauding if you gave them a path.
Then demons invade your future forts from the surface if you leave an open path to hell when the fortress gets abandoned...
I fail to see an issue with this.
The lady the dog the paper the boy writ hit bit knit.

English is weird.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 23, 2015, 02:24:01 pm »

I fail to see an issue with this.
Right?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 23, 2015, 02:36:56 pm »

And that's why I added demons as a civilization to Blood for Armok.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 26, 2015, 05:10:49 pm »

IIRC, Demons tend to stray a little way from your fort after abandonment. (Not sure whether that was DF 2012.) I remember my adventurer being ambushed by demons near the ruins.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 06, 2015, 04:05:04 pm »

Holy Mother of Armok, what is this. How. Why? Have we sinned? Is the blood of Dwarf and Man on OUR hands? What possible sins could we have committed to bring this upon us?
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #413 on: December 06, 2015, 04:53:56 pm »

What is THIS? No seriously, what are you talking about?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 06, 2015, 06:06:47 pm »

What is THIS? No seriously, what are you talking about?
Silentthunders as a whole. Perhaps this entire world gen. Perhaps Dwarf Fortress itself. All I know is, some eldritch abomination is pissed and it would appear to enjoy harming human beings via digital demons and humanity. Oh, and Ravens. Don't forget the Raven.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 17, 2015, 02:35:36 pm »

I've got a challenge for you, Whispers.

When v0.42 is fully stable and DFhack is updated and we have all our favorite toys and whatnot,

Can you make New Silentthunders before I can make New Bastiongate?

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 17, 2015, 08:05:29 pm »

When v0.42 is fully stable and DFhack is updated and we have all our favorite toys and whatnot,

Challenge: Get zombie-demon ravens drunk at your taverns.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

Zac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 04, 2016, 05:50:37 am »

Sazir is innocent !

I think it's the Titan who is responsible for the migrants situation. I'm playing in v42.04 here so it could be completely unrelated, but since I trapped a Titan in my own fortress I did not received any migrants even though the fortress is only three years old and far from the pop cap. Sieges, liaisons, merchants, visitors and thieves are still coming but not the migrants.

Kill that thing and it could break the curse of Silentthunders, and it's not like death gonna stop the Titan anyway.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 05:54:15 am by Zac »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #418 on: January 06, 2016, 07:24:22 pm »

Sazir is innocent !
I think it's the Titan who is responsible for the migrants situation. I'm playing in v42.04 here so it could be completely unrelated, but since I trapped a Titan in my own fortress I did not received any migrants even though the fortress is only three years old and far from the pop cap. Sieges, liaisons, merchants, visitors and thieves are still coming but not the migrants.
Kill that thing and it could break the curse of Silentthunders, and it's not like death gonna stop the Titan anyway.
The whole mess started after the necro siege, not a titan attack, I'll get to killing the Titan anyways though to see if it works. Once the whole mess above ground has been cleaned up. If it can be cleaned up.

That is a challenge I would lose very quickly xD
Once new DF is fully stable I plan on building a prison fort

Holy Mother of Armok, what is this. How. Why? Have we sinned? Is the blood of Dwarf and Man on OUR hands? What possible sins could we have committed to bring this upon us?
There was no one to stop us

Shűl-nak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 06, 2016, 07:27:32 pm »

It was inevitable.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32