Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Simple (ISG)  (Read 8273 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Simple (ISG)
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2014, 10:45:51 pm »

What would you consider to be a "natural progression" for our powers? I'm all for shaking an SS around, if you think that would be the better option.

@the nest, I thought about that but I wasn't sure how resilient the carrier would be to small arms. It is worth a shot however, on second thought, and we seem to be doing alright over in the bottleneck.

147 - Change target to the space spider Nest, and hold with your previous directives.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2014, 01:52:21 am »

I view it more so as finding new applications of what we already know how to do, which, in my opinion, opens more branches of options, than specified abilities used only for their intended purpose. . . . Like
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2014, 03:36:07 pm »

Unit 265 steps around the corner to take a clear shot at the creature that attacked him. It takes a laser bolt straight to the face and drops without a sound. From around the corner, you focus on trying to shake a spider's head, to fry its brain or its eyes; you don't manage to do any permanent damage, but the throbbing vibrations you create disorient it, and it stumbles around, unable to move much or attack you.

Unit 147 opens the airlock and runs out onto the gantry, taking cover behind one of the fighters. Taking aim at the center of the egg sac, he fires, destroying a couple eggs and leaving a scorched hole that leaks acrid steam into the surrounding air. With squeals of fright, even more spiders rush out, not eager to attack but only to escape from what they had previously believed was a safe haven. They start climbing over the side of the catwalk and down the walls, fleeing the terrifying predator who is attacking their birthplace.

Unit 147, like all personnel aboard the station, has basic training in flying standard ships. Considering the relative simplicity of making the fighter turn and shoot, he could certainly use it to attack the egg sac.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2014, 06:15:36 pm »

265: Move back into cover and blam the space spider.

386: Try to confuse another space spider.

147: Enter the fighter and turn towards the Nest. Fire if you can.

Also, do any of the scattered space spiders seem to be heading towards 147?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2014, 06:41:47 pm »

+1

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2014, 11:05:54 pm »

+1
Wait. We can try once more for diplomacy, now that we have proven ourself capable of killing them all off. This time over them two choices. Life or death. If they choose life, tell them to gather next to their nest and wait for food.
If they choose death, we slaughter them all with mercy. Very painful mercy. Following that plan.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2014, 11:44:57 pm »

+1
Wait. We can try once more for diplomacy, now that we have proven ourself capable of killing them all off. This time over them two choices. Life or death. If they choose life, tell them to gather next to their nest and wait for food.
If they choose death, we slaughter them all with mercy. Very painful mercy. Following that plan.
+1
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2015, 11:23:43 pm »

((Due to a lack of consensus, I just picked one, which ended up being diplomacy.))

147 hops into the fighter, powering up the guns and taking aim at the nest.

At your command, he hesitates before pressing the trigger so you can attempt to solve this diplomatically.

You psychically tell the spiders, "You stop kill, or we destroy." Already terrified by the attack on their home and further intimidated by the flying metal monster pointing really big guns at it, they scream back, "No die! No destroy! No kill us! We stop!" "Go to eggs. Wait, then we feed you."
They scurry back to their nest, trying to cluster around the edges, away from where the really big guns are pointed. More spiders continue to climb out, until a total of about a score of them are standing on top of the limp, deflated bundle of broken eggs.

You call the science division, requesting food for predatory aliens be brought up to the docks. When the backup arrives, you take the tesla knives they brought with them, putting on your belt along with your sidearms. You stay ready until the food arrives and while the spiders are feeding, but they don't try to pull anything.

Well done, soldiers. You have the only experience dealing with these creatures, so we're leaving it up to your judgement what we should do about them now that they've surrendered.

What should be done about the creatures? You could give them a self-propelling cargo container and send them back into deep space, attempt to scientifically investigate them (no dissecting even somewhat intelligent beings, though -- command is too worried about civilian backlash), try to train them as part of the crew, or anything else you can think of.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2015, 11:25:59 pm »

Study and possibly train.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2015, 11:33:03 pm »

+1

Study means autopsies, I suppose?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2015, 11:44:55 pm »

-snip-
(no dissecting even somewhat intelligent beings, though -- command is too worried about civilian backlash)
-snop-

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2015, 12:03:03 am »

I want to say "SCIENCE!!" But my heart just isn't in it...

invite our spider friends to join the crew!!!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2015, 12:14:10 am »

+1
Agreed. With the priority being in that order. They may do better as gaurds, but, with such a low intelligence level, they are also likely to kill innocence in the process. We should have a two sided vote, with emphatic value on that of the spiders. Give them the choice of either, taking much food now and leaving forever, or less food now, follow our commands, and get more food later. With that we can tame them like a more intelligent form of pets.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2015, 12:26:52 am »

+1
Agreed. With the priority being in that order. They may do better as gaurds, but, with such a low intelligence level, they are also likely to kill innocence in the process. We should have a two sided vote, with emphatic value on that of the spiders. Give them the choice of either, taking much food now and leaving forever, or less food now, follow our commands, and get more food later. With that we can tame them like a more intelligent form of pets.
+1

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2015, 02:08:48 am »

Study the spider friends.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8