Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If you could pick the next squire's starting location, would it be...

A southernly port where cultures and norms of society mix and clash with each other?
A westernly city akin to Marienburg, home of current squire in play?
An easternly outpost at the edge of kingdom's borders, a beginning of thisverse's Silk Road?
A northernly fortress where young men prove themselves in combat with giants, wildlings and mystical beasts?
Centre of the kingdom, trapping the young squire in a thick web of decadent court's schemings and plots?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 77

Author Topic: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game  (Read 57367 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game
« Reply #195 on: December 29, 2014, 09:58:39 pm »

+1 to Glowcat's suggestion.

Also, if it's allowed, maybe a one week timeskip like the other's have suggested, to get on with the learning.

In between lessons, maybe we should find work in the stables as a stable boy. That'll be easy enough, the physical labor will keep us fit, we'll learn a thing or two about horses we didn't already know, we get paid, and we get to keep an eye on our horse.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 30, 2014, 05:33:56 am »

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 05:37:12 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 30, 2014, 06:21:05 am »

"Worry not, Sandra. I've learned enough, and our purses are already growing lighter. I believe it's time we set out to brighter prospects. Sir Fallworth would not have me, but the world is large. I believe greater things await us if we leave."

Stay for one more night. The next day, get back our horse, buy a tent for two (or two tents for one), some cheap rations and leave the city. Not sure if Sandra has a horse or a mule, but let her ride if she doesn't. It's only courteous.

I don't know if you guys want to stay in this town a while longer. There's not much for us to do here, unless I forgot something.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 30, 2014, 11:46:10 am »

"Worry not, Sandra. I've learned enough, and our purses are already growing lighter. I believe it's time we set out to brighter prospects. Sir Fallworth would not have me, but the world is large. I believe greater things await us if we leave."

Stay for one more night. The next day, get back our horse, buy a tent for two (or two tents for one), some cheap rations and leave the city. Not sure if Sandra has a horse or a mule, but let her ride if she doesn't. It's only courteous.

I don't know if you guys want to stay in this town a while longer. There's not much for us to do here, unless I forgot something.
This but use the horse to carry our supplies

Actually maybe we should try to find an adventuring group to join with that way we probably won't be killed by bandits
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 11:50:14 am by Generally me »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 30, 2014, 11:51:32 am »

I think that if we were to travel, we'd need a good destination in mind, and at least a couple of leads to go on. This is a large city, there is bound to be something around. And, now that we can read and write somewhat, we can send letters to knights and others while searching for a job. Tell her that we're very much planning to stay for a little bit longer, and try to see if you can't get work at one of the noble houses, or for a travelling/wealthy merchant.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 30, 2014, 11:59:05 am »

Actually maybe we should try to find an adventuring group to join with that way we probably won't be killed by bandits
This is a good notion, however I've to inquire on its specifics. Given the detail appended to the setting--I'm unsure whether the low fantasy is leaning more onto reality (there weren't...really 'adventuring groups' back in olde Europea) or more on mirror-reality here :o

Because the only mirror of adventuring group is either "Trade Caravan" or "Border/Highway Patrol"

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 30, 2014, 12:15:17 pm »

Because the only mirror of adventuring group is either "Trade Caravan" or "Border/Highway Patrol"
Or Vicious Bandits.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #202 on: December 30, 2014, 12:41:32 pm »

I think that if we were to travel, we'd need a good destination in mind, and at least a couple of leads to go on. This is a large city, there is bound to be something around. And, now that we can read and write somewhat, we can send letters to knights and others while searching for a job. Tell her that we're very much planning to stay for a little bit longer, and try to see if you can't get work at one of the noble houses, or for a travelling/wealthy merchant.
+1 We have a horse. We could go see if a merchant needs us to freight things.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 30, 2014, 02:56:56 pm »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 30, 2014, 03:02:58 pm »

"Well, I must one day leave, to become a legendary knight. But, before Circumstance and destiny force us to part. How can I help? Maybe You could get work doing something like Dressmaking, or Milling. Something simple, and without risk. But all theoretical Jobs aside. I still think you should at least Accompany me to the next town. Your very nature could one day bring this town's church down on you."
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 30, 2014, 03:10:01 pm »

Reconsider travel both for Sandra's sake and due to further opportunities in the city. Use your new skills to write a letter to Sir Andaron inquiring about employment for a young squire such as yourself along with the location which you will be staying. If you can't remember any courier service for such, make time to seek him out and at least drop the letter off to whoever controls his appointments while being as courteous as possible.

In the meantime, possibly explore the city, searching for information about where to find any of the following: a weapon master capable of training you in your chosen weapons, or at least a training ground where you can practice to keep your combat skills sharp, a place where you can work on your physical fitness (such as sanitary swimming area where it's legal), and any further working opportunities besides Fallworth, Andaron, or the Baron which may pay well yet remain in the city.

Also make sure your horse is alright and fed.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 30, 2014, 03:15:11 pm »

Also,Work on our Heraldry!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 30, 2014, 03:20:25 pm »

Stay in the city: There's still lots of prospects here, and we haven't even seriously exhausted them yet.
Buy some paper, and get Sandra to assist you with writing letters to the nobles that you have heard about, asking for employment.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 30, 2014, 03:21:34 pm »

Slay the Village Thugs!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #209 on: December 30, 2014, 03:36:51 pm »

Reconsider travel both for Sandra's sake and due to further opportunities in the city. Use your new skills to write a letter to Sir Andaron inquiring about employment for a young squire such as yourself along with the location which you will be staying. If you can't remember any courier service for such, make time to seek him out and at least drop the letter off to whoever controls his appointments while being as courteous as possible.

In the meantime, possibly explore the city, searching for information about where to find any of the following: a weapon master capable of training you in your chosen weapons, or at least a training ground where you can practice to keep your combat skills sharp, a place where you can work on your physical fitness (such as sanitary swimming area where it's legal), and any further working opportunities besides Fallworth, Andaron, or the Baron which may pay well yet remain in the city.

Also make sure your horse is alright and fed.

+1
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 77