Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If you could pick the next squire's starting location, would it be...

A southernly port where cultures and norms of society mix and clash with each other?
A westernly city akin to Marienburg, home of current squire in play?
An easternly outpost at the edge of kingdom's borders, a beginning of thisverse's Silk Road?
A northernly fortress where young men prove themselves in combat with giants, wildlings and mystical beasts?
Centre of the kingdom, trapping the young squire in a thick web of decadent court's schemings and plots?

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 77

Author Topic: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game  (Read 57171 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Squire: Text-format retro adventure game
« Reply #795 on: January 14, 2015, 11:56:00 am »

Augh bleh I accidentally the votes. Goddamit.

EDIT: Then again, that's good pretext to put in more choices, yaaay.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 11:57:58 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 14, 2015, 11:56:43 am »

"Of course, I'm ready to go."

Then, while on the way.

"Say, you seem to care a lot about your cousin. Were you two really close when growing up?"

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 14, 2015, 12:01:51 pm »

Nah.

Let's go find lady evaline and talk with her about the family. Besides it'd be rude to leave the hens without a Fox to defend them...wink.

No I do not mean boning anyone. Let's just get to know them.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 14, 2015, 12:11:06 pm »

I disagree. We'll have to live with Redfort, and live with him once he learn we're dating his cousin. So we need to know him better. Plus, there is the odd chance something interesting will happen on the way.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 14, 2015, 12:16:28 pm »

Let's go out with Redfort.

We can always learn more about the family at a later time, but for now lets see if we can't improve the relationship between us and redfort just a little bit further. Take it to the next level, if you will.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 14, 2015, 12:24:32 pm »

Lets go with Redfort

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 14, 2015, 12:35:31 pm »

SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 14, 2015, 01:19:41 pm »

"I'll be in the tavern if you need me."

Go in the tavern and order two mugs of their best stout. Inquire about bandits, and who's protecting the village against them. Try not to seduce any of the serving maid, as there is really no points.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 14, 2015, 02:50:45 pm »

SigFlags!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 14, 2015, 03:16:45 pm »

"Well, to be entirely honest... Neither of those. I was only hoping to catch you attention Redfort, my real feelings are... *blush* for you."

Now, I can imagine all of you downvoting me. I can hear your arguments in my head.

We're going to be burned at the stake if we're gay!

Nope. Nothing Haspen said hint that homosexuality is looked down on. Granted, men are expected to marry women to have heir and keep the land in the family, but there is nothing saying that we can't have a good "buddy" on the side. Think Greek society: we will marry, but it's ok to sleep with our fellow soldiers.

But we just got kinda engaged with Fayne!

Not a problem. She's looking for a friend and a husband, not a lover. She's obviously faking it to try to grab us: no 16-years old girl would fall in love with a 14 years old in one day for no reasons. Since having an affair with Redfort doesn't change our marriage prospect, she won't care.

You're just going to antagonize Redfort!

Probably not. Think about it, he's obviously a closeted gay. His story of a curse doesn't really make sense. I'm sure he made it up to avoid being married with a woman. Witness how he doesn't seem to care and is content to stay "celibate". He's also the one that invited us all to go all naked in the bath.

I also think he's after us. He ostentiously dislike us, but chose to take us with him on this trip anyway. He's obviously not sure how to act, which is why he often react angrily to us, because he's denying his feeling. That's also why he tried to prevent us from seducing his cousin: he was not after her, but after us.

What's the point?

Well, it's hilarious. Beside, we need a good buddy, a friend we can count on, and frankly, courtship seems to be our only working social skill so far.

You can't have gay sex with a cursed man.

Well, his curse is probably fake (see point 3). Beside, I'm sure we can provide enough penis for two.

Stop with that! It's not what anyone wants!

Well, gay sex *is* leading the poll currently.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 03:19:45 pm by Sheb »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 14, 2015, 03:24:13 pm »

NO

...Or he took us because we're clearly best fighter.

Or his curse is real, and so even if he did have feelings, sex would be horrendously painful for him.

Or he's had it long enough he's resolved to make the best of a bad situation. And one could see a good reason for remaining cautious of magic-users... because unlike the real world, there is actually magic.

If there is love, there's also jealousy, and we do want a good bride, and him not maybe sabotaging things.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 14, 2015, 03:36:40 pm »

While it is obvious that Redfort is gay, I'd still advise NOT TRYING TO SLEEP WITH EVERY NAMED CHARACTER WE MEET.

Answer "more love than pity" and leave it at that. 

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 14, 2015, 03:48:53 pm »

"Well, to be entirely honest... Neither of those. I was only hoping to catch you attention Redfort, my real feelings are... *blush* for you."

Now, I can imagine all of you downvoting me. I can hear your arguments in my head.

We're going to be burned at the stake if we're gay!

Nope. Nothing Haspen said hint that homosexuality is looked down on. Granted, men are expected to marry women to have heir and keep the land in the family, but there is nothing saying that we can't have a good "buddy" on the side. Think Greek society: we will marry, but it's ok to sleep with our fellow soldiers.

But we just got kinda engaged with Fayne!

Not a problem. She's looking for a friend and a husband, not a lover. She's obviously faking it to try to grab us: no 16-years old girl would fall in love with a 14 years old in one day for no reasons. Since having an affair with Redfort doesn't change our marriage prospect, she won't care.

You're just going to antagonize Redfort!

Probably not. Think about it, he's obviously a closeted gay. His story of a curse doesn't really make sense. I'm sure he made it up to avoid being married with a woman. Witness how he doesn't seem to care and is content to stay "celibate". He's also the one that invited us all to go all naked in the bath.

I also think he's after us. He ostentiously dislike us, but chose to take us with him on this trip anyway. He's obviously not sure how to act, which is why he often react angrily to us, because he's denying his feeling. That's also why he tried to prevent us from seducing his cousin: he was not after her, but after us.

What's the point?

Well, it's hilarious. Beside, we need a good buddy, a friend we can count on, and frankly, courtship seems to be our only working social skill so far.

You can't have gay sex with a cursed man.

Well, his curse is probably fake (see point 3). Beside, I'm sure we can provide enough penis for two.

Stop with that! It's not what anyone wants!

Well, gay sex *is* leading the poll currently.

NO!!! -1,This will only end badly, We might as well declare ourselves a Warlock and attempt to burn down a church!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 14, 2015, 03:50:00 pm »

Why would this end up badly? It's basically canon that Redfort is gay anyway.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 14, 2015, 03:51:10 pm »

Uh, For one we'd be cheating on Fenya, For two it will get us stake burnt if we're found out and three just No man.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 77