Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28

Author Topic: Galaxy Rise: More like Galaxy Fall, AMIRITE?  (Read 31059 times)

sirboomalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise
« Reply #330 on: January 08, 2015, 01:08:34 am »

PTW

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 08, 2015, 01:10:25 am »

Interrogate prisoners on Procedure 61 and other procedures. Get checked in the medical bay for any microchips in our brain that could cause us to become a Manchurian agent or something. Fix the security key. Ask engineering about armouring the Telemachus with regular alloys.

+1
Mostly +1, but um... microchips in our brain?
While reading the Uarks talk about our revolution I thought it was accidentally getting beamed into our brain via microchip. I kept reading and it turned out to be wrong but you can never be too sure.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 08, 2015, 01:34:29 am »

Interrogate prisoners on Procedure 61 and other procedures. Get checked in the medical bay for any microchips in our brain that could cause us to become a Manchurian agent or something. Fix the security key. Ask engineering about armouring the Telemachus with regular alloys.

+1
While reading the Uarks talk about our revolution I thought it was accidentally getting beamed into our brain via microchip. I kept reading and it turned out to be wrong but you can never be too sure.
Don't think the Uarks are that dumb. Perhaps a Mayday call was fired off by the Uarks before their base fell into our hands.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 08, 2015, 02:46:23 am »

+1
Don't think the Uarks are that dumb. Perhaps a Mayday call was fired off by the Uarks before their base fell into our hands.
So you're saying we shouldn't check our brain for any Manchurian chips? That's not very genre-savvy of you.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 08, 2015, 04:27:09 am »

+1
So you're saying we shouldn't check our brain for any Manchurian chips? That's not very genre-savvy of you.
This kind of checks might be sensible but not very sensitive in this situation.

Plus we fully expect them to know our attack, just not in advance.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 08, 2015, 04:30:46 am »

Yeah, we could have done that earlier. So we need to grab that laser beam intact...

Is there any other sort of AA defense in Prime? I guess that big anti-capital ship isn't fast enough to track our Darts.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 08, 2015, 11:56:00 am »

+1
+1

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 08, 2015, 12:07:55 pm »

I assume there's a similar set-up to where we are.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 09, 2015, 12:21:18 am »

Code: [Select]
Guard Prisoners - Support: 1
Interrogate Prisoners on Key - Support: 1. Skipped due to not being useful.
Interrogate Prisoners on Procedures - Support: 4
Inquire about armoring Telemachus w/ Reg. Alloys - Support: 4
Investigate head/brain (in medbay) - Nonconsequential Action; Support: 3?
Fix Security Key - Support: 4

"...and in response to your request, we cannot properly armor the Telemachus against anti ship weaponry with regular alloy. Regular Alloy is best used for the structure of the ship. We use specially made armor plating to armor the hull, and would need to find some to armor the ship."
"Adding on regular alloy plating would just increase the mass of the ship. It protects fine against most infantry weapons, but it can veery easily be penetrated or melted by any actual round designed to combat a ship." Hensen calmly states as you wonder how the hell he keeps on bursting in on these things.
"Advanced Alloy is out of the question as well. It just isn't designed for usage as armor. It's just the issue of its structure."
You close the comms uplink as you walk over to the automated medical station. The Telemachus has an automated Medical Station inside the barracks, designed for diagnosing injuries and dispensing first aid. Larger ships have actual medbays and human doctors, but the Telemachus didn't get fitted with one. You start a basic scan of your head.

"ERROR - CLEARANCE LEVEL NOT VALID"
[Knowledge Roll: 2] Huh. Strange.

Later, after setting up a guard routine for the prisoners and ordering Lip to do some more interrogation, you get contacted by Donnely again.
"Alright. The key's ready to go. We used 2u of advanced alloy and 2u of crystal wiring to do so. We modified it to fit into any U.E.F. armor's short-range console uplink, so the person it's fitted to should be able to access restricted Uark consoles nearby."
2u Advanced Alloy, 2u Crystal Wiring consumed. Functional Security Key acquired.
Just as Donnely shuts off her link, Lip comes on. "Heey, Captain. Finished the second round of interrogation. Got one to crack again. I have no idea where your question came from, but the interrogated person told me that they overheard talk of Procedure 61 over the comms in the brief period between our attack of that patrol and the assault of the base. [Knowledge Roll: 1] He heard something about a soldier platoon. As for the concept of procedures in general, they're mainly plans made to deal with various situations as they arise, so the Uark commanders can act fast in a situation. I'll keep interrogating the others. I may crack them yet."
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 09, 2015, 12:43:23 am »

So, some real bad rolls.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 09, 2015, 12:51:15 am »

In two days.

Aside from the bad rolls, what we precisely won't like are human wave attacks - they yield nothing useful, yet as hard to deal as anything.

Try to reengineer the AAs so they can at least shoot on land-based targets. The darts should start to run regular sorties to spot any land-based threat.

Otherwise try to fortify the place.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 09, 2015, 01:15:02 am »

In two days.

Aside from the bad rolls, what we precisely won't like are human wave attacks - they yield nothing useful, yet as hard to deal as anything.

Try to reengineer the AAs so they can at least shoot on land-based targets. The darts should start to run regular sorties to spot any land-based threat.

Otherwise try to fortify the place.

+1. Also, manchurian chip confirmed. Ask Lip about not having access to the ship. We should also scan for any nearby Uark consoles. Who knows, maybe it'll give us access to the laser, the shipyard, some ground-based turrets, or maybe we can get some blueprints or an enemy troop count.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 09, 2015, 11:43:52 am »

Actually I might digress but I guess we should not develop too much on the Manchurian chip/agent idea. I guess forumites are more interested in actual combat and 4x.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 09, 2015, 03:39:53 pm »

Actually I might digress but I guess we should not develop too much on the Manchurian chip/agent idea. I guess forumites are more interested in actual combat and 4x.
Spoiler: Spoiler? (click to show/hide)
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 09, 2015, 11:26:34 pm »

Code: [Select]
Configure AAs to aim against land targets: +2 Support
Dart patrol against land-based threats: +2 Support
Fortify HMC: +2 Support

The engineers get to work on attempting to modify the perimeter AA defense while the marines oversee the general fortification of the HMC by the civilian miners.
The morning two days later is fairly uneventful. Hensen reports in, stating "Captain, the progress has been good. The third division just fini-"
ERROR - COMMUNICATIONS MALFUNCTION
ERROR - CANNOT LOCATE SIGNAL

Alarms start going off - the communications were jammed and you just lost contact with the control center and your officers.

"Hensen! Did you know the communications are being jammed?"
"Yeah, I gathered." you annoyingly state as you quickly walk through the streets to the control room. Once you arrive, you're greeted by a worried looking Lip.
"Bad news. Sensors show we've got hostiles surrounding the HMC. I estimate about an hour before we can have visuals on the invaders. Appears to mostly be land."

You've got an hour to prepare the HMC against hostile forces. Luckily, the engineers were able to modify the AA turrets to fire against land targets. They're not accurate, but they're good for crowd control and perhaps nearby vehicles.
What do you do, Hensen?

Spoiler: Defense Grid (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Storage (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Personnel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28