Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: Galaxy Rise: More like Galaxy Fall, AMIRITE?  (Read 31087 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Galaxy Rise
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2014, 03:10:08 pm »

Why depressurize the hangar if we're are the only people in it?

On another note, leaving a station (via space suit) that is now on full alert does not seem very beneficient to your life expectancy.
So that we can safely open the bay doors.

They don't need to jump away from the station and be zapped by turrets, they can crawl along the hull until they're safe from the blast.

Or we could not assault the Space station, and come back later when we are more stuff. We should stay in ambush around the space station, they must have supply ships of some kinds, we can raid them.
Aren't we in a crisis right now though? I thought we needed stuff to fix the engines.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2014, 03:26:33 pm »

Well, we can limp along, do something else, and come back when we have the level to defeat the monster the equipment to invade the station.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2014, 03:30:37 pm »

Yup.

Any other interesting things here? Maybe salvagable debris from the fighting?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2014, 03:52:31 pm »

The Engineering Officer starts an area sweep with visual and the small active sensors suite aboard the ship.

In an amazing stroke of luck, you find a hulk of a ship the same class of Telemachus, just outside the station's sensor range. It appears to have some systems active, but it seems that there's no power to life support, meaning the ship probably has no life onboard.

EDIT: It's (obviously) way too big to be brought aboard your ship, so a team will be necessary for salvage.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 04:00:52 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2014, 03:55:48 pm »

Welp. Go get it. Check the engines and such, maybe it can tow us.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2014, 03:59:58 pm »

Board the spaceship and investigate. Look for parts, as well as extra fighters, as well as for information on why it died.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2014, 04:21:58 pm »

Board the spaceship and investigate. Look for parts, as well as extra fighters, as well as for information on why it died.

+1  (and PTW)

As far as the ship itself, IMO we should sail the Telemachus right into a hanger, have the wiring ready to fry the internals, and then go from there.  We're probably badly outgunned, but if we can fight them off from the ship...

What would be the consequences of shooting the main guns of the ship at the station WHILE it is docked in the hangar?  What kind of pressure wave would we be talking about here?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2014, 04:24:05 pm »

OOH We should salvage everything we want/need from the ship hulk, Then we'll put an unmanned drone and have it ram the space station.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2014, 04:26:18 pm »

Hold your horses, we don't even know what's on this extra ship yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2014, 04:28:05 pm »

Unless the station has force fields for it's docking bays, the bays are likely depressurized, so no shockwave.

OOH We should salvage everything we want/need from the ship hulk, Then we'll put an unmanned drone and have it ram the space station.
No need to put a drone. We're in space, we can throw it at the station with some relatively easy orbital mechanics.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2014, 04:31:03 pm »

So we will ram the space station, Before we do we need to fill it with explosives and Flammable substances so that once it has lodged in the station we can shoot it increasing the damage.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2014, 04:33:44 pm »

If we get it moving at sufficient velocity it won't need explosives!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2014, 04:34:05 pm »

You guys remember that the station has loot we want intact, right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2014, 04:36:36 pm »

Plus it could look like an accident.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2014, 04:37:33 pm »

You guys remember that the station has loot we want intact, right?
The only way we can get at the station in the first place is by blowing it up.. Probably. I was just having fun though, I'm against blowing up an extra ship hull.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28