Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: Galaxy Rise: More like Galaxy Fall, AMIRITE?  (Read 31096 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2014, 07:55:21 pm »

Point and laugh at the survivor.

So... bad odds on one of the away team running in with a suit and helping the person get in it, then?  How long does it take to get in a suit?  Under a minute and s/he'd live, at least.

Can we close the blast door and repressurize the hangar?  Are there any sort of air canisters around?  If we can at least get it partially pressurized, that'd be good enough.  (I don't have numbers on very low pressure, but 75% is an airline cabin and a person can handle that no problem.  25% (or even 10%) should up survival time quite a bit.  A person can last about a minute in vacuum with no permanent effects.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2014, 07:56:35 pm »

That's how I figured the bulkheads worked. We brought a backup generator right?

Close the bulkhead and pressurize the hangar. Meanwhile get someone on comms to try and see if he's okay.

If we're lucky maybe we'll get another pilot!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2014, 10:35:16 pm »

With eleven people, any crew addition is really helpful.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2014, 10:45:23 pm »

Have our pilot train our officers in pilotry while we do stuff.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2014, 03:06:24 am »

Is the suite locker inside the control room?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2014, 03:10:53 am »

Just as a note, humans can survive 30 seconds in space without permanent harm. Provided they're smart enough to exhale, off course.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2014, 03:16:11 am »

I'm sure he can don a space suit while suffocating.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2014, 03:25:46 am »

Assuming he can do it within 14 seconds, then yes.

However, if we assume that the control room is located in the back of the hangar, then maybe we could open the door, using the pressure of the atmosphere in there to shoot the person through the hangar, into space, into our own hangar, into a control room, which we can then pressurize.

But anyway, enough crazy theories for now. If this person is alive, that either means that lifesupport is still working (unlikely, with power systems offline), or that this ship was only recently attacked.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 03:32:22 am by 10ebbor10 »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2014, 03:39:16 am »

I made a very rough ASCII map describing the general location of everything. It's not to scale, though.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 03:41:11 am by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2014, 03:41:24 am »

So, where is that spacesuit locker?

We could also bring a space suit, open the door, step inside, close the door. If we can't do it fast enough, it should be easier to repressurize that small control room than the hangar. So bring a air canister, do that, and signal to the survivor to exhale before we open.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2014, 03:44:15 am »

Pretty sure that our survivor is going to be thrown out of the room when we depressurize that room.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2014, 03:44:34 am »

Locker was edited in before you posted. It's outside the control room, in the hangar.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2014, 03:56:24 am »

Well, they just need to hold onto something.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2014, 04:06:57 am »

30 seconds is not much time though. And we really don't want a brain damaged pilot.

So, maybe we should check if the hangar can be pressurized.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2014, 04:57:40 am »

Is there a passage to the "other rooms"? it might work as an makeshift airlock. Or we might just jury rig the life support of the fighters to it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28