Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Odd battle messages, new features?  (Read 1999 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Odd battle messages, new features?
« on: December 16, 2014, 11:43:33 am »

I sent someone to kill a deer near the dining hall.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 06:59:57 pm by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Odd battle messages, new features?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 01:06:14 pm »

Legendary axedwarves calmly saying that during battle adds yet another amusement to combat :P

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 03:13:03 pm »

I was close to a waterfall. I am not contented.

wow. I sure hope this doesn't mean that the dwarf now associates waterfalls with this memory, and thus doesn't get contented by being near a waterfall! That could be nasty!

"I don't like marble thrones, I once killed a Forgotten Beast near a marble throne" could lead to ALL SORTS OF WOES.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 04:02:31 pm »

I think that would add yet another layer of realism to the game.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 04:16:11 pm »

yeah, i've seen these "I laugh in the face of death" messages.

And they are BADASS.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 07:09:40 pm »

wow. I sure hope this doesn't mean that the dwarf now associates waterfalls with this memory, and thus doesn't get contented by being near a waterfall! That could be nasty!

"I don't like marble thrones, I once killed a Forgotten Beast near a marble throne" could lead to ALL SORTS OF WOES.

I guess that was because she was fighting so she didn't have time to enjoy the waterfall?
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 07:44:54 pm »

Good heavens! This is completely messed up!

I'm seeing so many "a"s where "an"s should be!

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 08:40:36 pm »

I guess that was because she was fighting so she didn't have time to enjoy the waterfall?

Urist McFighter cancels kill goblin: Interrupted by flashback.
Urist McDoctor cancels eat roast: Interrupted by flashback.
x1000....
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 09:00:05 pm »

So under that circumstance, PTSD was inadvertently added.  That could lead to some bad situations in the future of fortresses.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 01:20:26 am »

This sounds like an action-movie quip, on the lines of "I am not left-handed". Seriously, that is both just too awesome and too funny for words.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 02:40:07 am »

One day we'll have to start replacing furniture for dwarves periodically because they've had traumatic experiences with similar pieces of the same material.

"I'm sorry Urist, I cannot make love to you in a Larch bed... Not since I was woken up in my own Larch bed by noise."

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 03:39:24 am »

"I'm sorry Urist, I cannot make love to you in a Larch bed... Not since I was woken up in my own Larch bed by noise."

Okay, that would be a serious issue for me. I'm in a taiga (again- although this time there's no mass drownings taking place thank the GODS) and there is but one type of tree. Pine. All the beds (save the one made of some fungiwood from a caravan that came through) are made of pine wood....

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 08:32:56 am »

I think the things they say during combat is linked  to the most recent emotion they had, and an added comment. Since in combat the last thought is aways "injury" or "death" one... Fighting in the dinning room may create problems... Shouldn't we file a bug report?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 09:50:34 am »

Okay, that would be a serious issue for me. I'm in a taiga (again- although this time there's no mass drownings taking place thank the GODS) and there is but one type of tree. Pine. All the beds (save the one made of some fungiwood from a caravan that came through) are made of pine wood....

There's always the caravans, and underground trees. Pretty unlucky if none of your caverns have any vegetation.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 09:58:23 am »

By butcher felt horrified after seeing death. I think their may be a problem...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: [1] 2