Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Odd battle messages, new features?  (Read 2000 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Odd battle messages, new features?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 11:52:11 am »

By butcher felt horrified after seeing death. I think their may be a problem...

Maybe he's OK with butchering animals, but not prepared to butcher sentients ? There's a pretty wide gap between killing an animal and killing a sentient.

But yes, most dwarves sometimes are a bit overly sensitive. I'm sure it'll be fixed in time.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 02:25:36 pm »

"I'm sorry Urist, I cannot make love to you in a Larch bed... Not since I was woken up in my own Larch bed by noise."

Okay, that would be a serious issue for me. I'm in a taiga (again- although this time there's no mass drownings taking place thank the GODS) and there is but one type of tree. Pine. All the beds (save the one made of some fungiwood from a caravan that came through) are made of pine wood....

There's always the caravans, and underground trees. Pretty unlucky if none of your caverns have any vegetation.

Fire-type Forgotten Beast, with two other Forgotten Beast adversaries. They caverns are currently a burny smokey ruin, and the water is steaming where there are trees. The FB's are in various corners, licking wounds, not on fire, surprisingly. Well, the fire one is. But the other two aren't. It's FB deathmatch round four down there at the moment...

I'm not panicked, I just walled it off and invested in popcorn. Sort of sad that the various caverndwellers had to be toasted though.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 09:11:16 pm »

Maybe it's just a personality thing that she's not impressed by such things?

Or maybe she's too stressed at the moment to care? Does she not care about anything anymore?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 09:17:48 pm »

That only happened in battle.
I checked her thoughts and it seemed perfectly OK.

She was contented being near to a waterfall.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 05:29:39 am »

That's a relief.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!
Pages: 1 [2]