Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112656 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Day 4
« Reply #750 on: February 14, 2015, 09:03:35 am »

Play fetch with Rose for a while, replace Rose's collar if need be, tell Dave his puppies are probably no longer to be considered puppies, and get some breakfast. Send a message to Cole, asking if SCUBA diving through the caves is feasible and if so, if any sort of specialized equipment is needed. Assuming it is determined to be feasible, begin informing the others of my plan. Otherwise, ask if sending a water-proof underwater exploration drone could work.

You bring Rose into hallway front of infirmary and play there for a while. Few times Rose won't let go of the stick leading you into short chases where you try to catch the stick and she dodges your attempts, and when you do catch it the game turns into tug of war until she gives up. And then repeating whole thing again.

When she finally sits to catch her breath, you chech her collar. It isn't too tight yet, but it isn't loose either, so you get her new one. Engineers have made bunch of adjustable collars with a tracking chip. Each collar has unique desing and coloring, so even if every pup got one you could still easily tell them apart.

Dave is informed, but he's too busy helping another batch of puppies into world.

Scuba diving is was deemed dangerous earlier by Cole, so I suppose you won't be explaining your plan.

Be there for the puppies. Make sure they're fed. Create a second machine with whole elephant kidneys. Add the dual gill/lungs to a mark 4 if there's time.
Spoiler: SECRET (click to show/hide)

Wearing thick rubber gloves you pick pups out of tube, cut their umbilical  cord, give them quick wash and place them in front of feeding machine. They eagerly start sucking red paste from it.

The second feeding machine isn't really much of machine. Infirmary drones simply unload ready kidneys from tanks onto platter where your young dogs tear them into pieces.

You get your "gills with lungs" research into good start and manage to identify chromosome which controls those.

Groggily wake up. Take my tranquilizer pistol and holster it, then go use the bathroom totake a shower. Then get breakfast

You wipe drool from your face and drag yourself into showers. Cold water wakes you up quite effectively. For breakfast we have today yoghurt, fruit salad, boiled eggs, fruit juice and coffee.

Roll with the Mk3 pups.

Not knowing what modifications Dave made to this new generation of puppies you flop down next to them. First one you try to kiss gives you a small jolt, like a static shock. Not thinking much of it you pet another which gives you shock big enough to pull back your hand. Still, not connecting the dots, you continue your attempts to play with pups.

Gyeaargh! you scream when you finally get shock so strong that you temporarily lose muscle control.

Dr. Helios has a brief moment of realization.
"Where is the Biologists? They should be in here studying not playing with mutant pups..."

Study the flying bone plaited snake by dissecting the dead ones to see what they have been eating. Also, place the dead aquatic creature`s corpse in the Helios Crimson Attack Bird`s cage. Maybe they will eat that?

This brief moment of realization gives you deep insight how messed up this situation really is. Biologists indeed for most part are just flopping around doing nothing important or nothing at all. One is making mutants, but at least he is consistent about it. Security doesn't have much to do anyway, but they too just play with pups. Except their head honcho, who still seems somewhat sane. You, a doctor, are studying local animals, which by all means should be job of biologists. And THE ONLY ONE WHO IS EVEN SLIGHTLY INTERESTED ABOUT GOD DAMN ALIEN CONSTRUCT NEARBY IS YOUR CHIEF DOCTOR!

Something is very wrong here! Anyway, let's dissect this snake thing and look what its entrails tell about future.

"Hmm hmm, this looks like appendix but is far too large to be one. And it shouldn't even be here. Eh, damn aliens... What is this? Heart? No it isn't... Let's cut it open. Hmm, why there is half melted mice inside its heart? No wait, this wasn't heart... Odd. Ah, here's guts! Why it is covered in muscles? And why it is filled with coagulated blood? Freaky... Ok, where is its stomach? Here? No, this is... brain? What? Wait no, it is pancreas. Maybe. And is this bladder? Why it is between lungs? This makes no sense. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS ANIMAL? IT MAKES NO SENSE! NOTHING MAKES ANY SENSE! WHAT?!"

You are too distressed at moment to think about dietary choices of your blue assault planes.

Spoiler: SIKRET. (click to show/hide)

Name the pup "Pup". Go to the kitchen and feed Pup some meat.

Spoiler: SECRETS (click to show/hide)

You go into kitchen with Pup and request some meat for her. The cook warns that his doggie didn't care much about the meat they have here. He goes anyway to fetch a piece meat for Pup and hands it to you on platter. When you offer it to Pup, she hesitantly eats piece of it, but then refuses to eat any more. Hmm. Guess you need to consult Dave about this.

"I would like to join the party to explore the ruins as well mind if I bring my dog she might notice things we would miss."

Teach Arrow to obey commands like stay, heel, and come.

Arrow is super fast learner. She absorbs any and every command you try to teach.

((MK.2 puppies.))

Learning from Guni's mistake you stay clear from newborn pups, as do all other dogs. After playing around with them for a while you come to respect their intelligence and ability to cooperate.

>Everybody: You have one new message
Quote from: EMail
To: staff.all@hr8643-346b.spc
Subject: Alien construct discovered

Greetings from Geo 2.

Yesterday we discovered clearly artificial metal construct in caves within Region 35E7. Unfortunately due bad weather effects we had to evacuate before we could do any deeper analysis about it. While weather prevented us from doing actual field work, we studied satellite maps of local area made by mothership and discovered few things. The surface area above where construct was found contains many hills, but the one excatly above it is biggest hill in the whole area.

With this discovery we decided to do seismolocation of it to discover more about the construct in hopes to find its shape and size, so archeology teams coming here would know where to focus on. However what we found was more than we asked for. I will not make any assumptions of the object or claim to know what it is, but the rendering from our measurements speaks its own language. I have attached fuzzy image of it into end of this message. I marked approximate location of discovered construct with red circle into the image.

This discovery can mean much for us, and for whole mankind.

Spoiler: Attachment (click to show/hide)

As you look at the attached image, you wonder for a moment if Cole sent such blurry and off the scale image of your the base ship by accident. Then implications of the image finally dawns at you...

Oh, and archeologists ship landed just now to next to ours. They will depart shortly to the caves.

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Helios Crimson Attack Birds (2/3 alive) (Partially studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Minimally studied. What the hell is this?)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Studied)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 14, 2015, 10:12:18 am »

Take Arrow with me and suit up with shotgun, high cailber pistol, grappling hook with rope, tazer, combat knife, and spare ammo then volunteer for exploring the base sized construct

"Guys something that big is bound to have lots of questions and maybe some answers my advice, if you want to come. Is bring some weapons, better to have and not need then need and not have."
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 14, 2015, 11:43:15 am »

Remember that humans need to eat to survive, so have a breakfast.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 14, 2015, 12:17:17 pm »

Look Pup dead in the eyes and say:
"Meat is good. Meat is life. Eat meat."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 14, 2015, 12:32:11 pm »

Hang out, maybe spend a bit more time with Rose, until the archaeologists are within range for me to contact. Mention that I, as a doctor, will be more than willing to accompany their expedition and provide aid as needed, and that several members of our team may be interested in coming along as well, if more hands are needed.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 14, 2015, 01:03:20 pm »

Admonish the puppies on shocking friendlies. Set up some more targets with voltmeters attached and reward them for shocking on command.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 14, 2015, 01:49:17 pm »

Hang out, maybe spend a bit more time with Rose, until the archaeologists are within range for me to contact. Mention that I, as a doctor, will be more than willing to accompany their expedition and provide aid as needed, and that several members of our team may be interested in coming along as well, if more hands are needed.
You mean withing face-to-face talking range? Consider this: You are on ~700 meters long ship. Archeologists are on another. They are not coming onboard yours. So your changes to face them is about... zero.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 14, 2015, 01:51:30 pm »

You mean withing face-to-face talking range? Consider this: You are on ~700 meters long ship. Archeologists are on another. They are not coming onboard yours. So your changes to face them is about... zero.
No, I mean when they're within range for me to contact them electronically with reasonable amounts of latency.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 14, 2015, 02:12:51 pm »

"They do eat meat. But they've been eating nothing but kidneys, some of the highest quality meat in the body. Kidneys and liver are about as good as meat gets."

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 14, 2015, 06:16:33 pm »

((I know the puppies eat meat, but I am just talking to my newly born friend over here.))

Gyorgy slowly turns around.
"You are meat. Prepare for eat."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 14, 2015, 07:25:36 pm »

((I know. I just told you that the message you were trying to convey was a stupid one.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 15, 2015, 09:54:50 am »

Until I can get the spoilerage up properly, I am removing this post.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:03:08 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 15, 2015, 10:01:50 am »

Anyone who uses Darkling can easily read that.
Just put (spoiler) in front of it, changing () to []
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 15, 2015, 12:22:24 pm »

@ATHATH: There's a color called "transparent", which is makes text to be always invisible until selected with mouse. Like this: transparent text.
Code: [Select]
[color=transparent]transparent[/color]
[spoiler=SECRETS]Secrets belong here[/spoiler]

Take Arrow with me and suit up with shotgun, high cailber pistol, grappling hook with rope, tazer, combat knife, and spare ammo then volunteer for exploring the base sized construct

"Guys something that big is bound to have lots of questions and maybe some answers my advice, if you want to come. Is bring some weapons, better to have and not need then need and not have."

Personal armory loaded. Volunteered. Head to hangar and they'll pick you up. You also might want to take some food for Arrow. She's not adult yet, so she still needs loads of food.

Remember that humans need to eat to survive, so have a breakfast.

Aha! Solution for all your problems! Food! Food will solve all problems. Or at least postpone them until you are ready to tackle them again. You run to mess hall, order same food as Cromwell did earlier and gobble it down. And then you order more.

Pup stares back. She bares her teeth and growls at you. It is fight of wills and you lose. She runs off to somewhere, probably to infirmary for Dave's kidneys.

No, I mean when they're within range for me to contact them electronically with reasonable amounts of latency.

Well, their ship landed right next to ours, so they are very much within range.

Archeologists are very happy to have you with them. They ask you to get your stuff ready and wait for them in the hangar.

Also, Alex spent good time outside without wearing enviro-suit on day 2 and have not suffered any ill after effects. Wanna draw conclusions about it?

Admonish the puppies on shocking friendlies. Set up some more targets with voltmeters attached and reward them for shocking on command.

They tend to shock each others during their clumsy play fights, but it doesn't have much effect on them. Or at least so you believe based on small zaps and cracklings you hear.

Your training doesn't have much visible results yet, so you better keep wearing those rubber gloves.

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Helios Crimson Attack Birds (2/3 alive) (Partially studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Minimally studied. It's a mess inside.)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Studied)
Old sigs.
Games.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 15, 2015, 12:48:59 pm »

Finish breakfast, feed the not-already fed puppies, play with them.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 59