Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112873 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Day 2
« Reply #270 on: January 03, 2015, 12:42:25 am »

Help with bug experiment as test subject.
If you are going to turn into a murderous mutant with superpowers, I will donate my body and soul to your cause.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 03, 2015, 04:03:46 am »

Get the genes for fast growing from the livestock and the immortality gene from turtles. Catalog them for further use.

You search the database of Earth animals and flag the genes you want for quick reference. Growing fast means usually dying early and living long time means growing slowly. Quick glance by inexperienced genemodder would say there is a massive conflict but you are certain you can solve that inconvience.

Extract the genome from one of the bugs and try to inject it into somebody and see what happens.
Help with bug experiment as test subject.

In inspiration of mad curiosity György decides to start experimenting with genemodding. Single chromosome won't do it, no, not even all chromosomes as they need nutrients and other materials present in cells to work, so clearly best option is to inject cells altogether. And to ensure it will work he needs many cells. Not being expert in the field he turns few bugs into mush and mixes them into liquid for easy delivery. Perfect.

With carefully filled syringe he starts prowl on hallways of the ship looking for prey. He finds one, namely his own boss, and figures he's best test subject available. György jabs the syringe into Alex's neck and injects his experimental liquid into him. Alex is quite suprised of this sudden and violent invasion into his personal space. Did this guy just inject something into you?

Netlaunchers like the ones the others are using.

Ok, inventory updated.

After listening to the briefing head, go and check the buggy over to ensure everything works
Let's roll out! To the forest!
Let's roll out! To the forest!
Begin trying to guide them to where I picked up Guni.

Briefing is over and team A does the final preparations before heading out. Mark familiarizes himself with the contraption attached into ATV. It's basically just three grenade launchers tied together, triggered to fire all in quick succession and mounted on free rotating platform. You can fire it effectively in every direction, even on driver. It must be manually loaded after every shot, but grenades are in box right next to it so it won't be a big deal. In the box there is 21 concussion grenades so you can fire 7 full salvos, or few more partial ones. Trailer is loaded with three netguns 20 very fine nets for them.

Cromwell sits on pilot's seat and Mark takes the grenade launcher. First waypoint is Guni's flyer on edge of the forest, very easy find. From that point forward Pendle guides them to the location where Guni was found. Everyone in team A has visited the spot before so it is very easy to find. Pieces of brains and skull fragments have disappeared, maybe some scavanger ate them.

Look up reveals many birds flying around and few drilling holes into trees. And flying snakes. Snakes are always bad news, Mark knows this from experience. And these snakes also have legs and bony armor... Less paranoid Cromwell can tell these snakes are not flying but actually gliding from tree to tree. When it glides it spreads loose skin between its legs and folds it on its side when not needed.

The birds you see here are mostly same as what you saw yesterday. Wide tropical looking woodpecker, easily over 20 cm long, rusty red head, bill and tip of wings, light blue body and white tipped tailfeathers, large bulging eyes which take almost one third of its skull. Clearly not the one in Guni's drawing.

Other bird you see is small and delicate, about 14 cm long from beak to tip of tail feathers. Its feathers are mostly azure on top side and turquoise on below, wings being exception with dull brown color. On its head is formation of upright feathers giving illusion of four horns. Two outermost are constantly moving back and forth. It has very good control over its flight, allowing it to basically float in place for few moments. One lands long enough to reveal its freakishly long legs. And its beak is... most certainly odd. Upper one looks normal, but the lower one is split into two. Target found.

Mark, again thanks to his outdoors experience, notes that while many of these creatures just fly around, probably looking for food or mate or whatever animals usually do, there is always dozen with their eyes fixed on you.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Springy grass. (Partially studied)
* Soil. (Studied)
* Seven corpses of large four eyed birds. (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (Studied)
* Two corpses of black wolf-creature. (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples of black wolf-creatures.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female wolf-creature.
* Grasshopper-type insect. (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (Studied)

Completed things:
* Vaccines against BGR-1, BGR-2, BAQ-1, BGu-1 and VGu-1.
* Infrared vision eyes. Using Dave's DNA as a base. (unchecked)
* Infrared/four eyed full body human clone with fused ribs. Using Theron's DNA as a base. Growth halted.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 04:48:30 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 03, 2015, 04:15:34 am »

"Science!"
Run off to my lab and watch the insects try to escape.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 03, 2015, 04:35:12 am »

Get ready to go to Team A in case they need support.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 03, 2015, 06:49:36 am »

"Let's bag a few" Mark fires the first net at the bird that attacked his comrade then starts firing on the other birds trying to snag a few that were staring at the group and one of the snakes as anti venom could be important later

((Random thought but are you running two rtds one with us controlling the people and another one on another site controlling something on the planet that controls the animals or am I just being paranoid cause that would be awesome))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 03, 2015, 09:03:58 am »

"Um..."
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 03, 2015, 09:20:38 am »

"Let's bag a few" Mark fires the first net at the bird that attacked his comrade then starts firing on the other birds trying to snag a few that were staring at the group and one of the snakes as anti venom could be important later

((Random thought but are you running two rtds one with us controlling the people and another one on another site controlling something on the planet that controls the animals or am I just being paranoid cause that would be awesome))
((You are paranoid.  8)
It would be fun but no, I'm not running any other games anywhere. Also, this isn't a RTD.

As for your action, what are you firing other birds with? The Mounted Triple Barrel Grenade Launcher or some other weapon from your personal arsenal?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 03, 2015, 09:40:03 am »

Tell Mark to fire the grenade launcher first, to stun as many things as we can. Using the nets by themselves won't accomplish much.
After he knocks some out of the trees, assisst with my own nets, prioritize the target bird, then glider snakes, then the small bird.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 03, 2015, 09:45:52 am »

Tell Mark to fire the grenade launcher first, to stun as many things as we can. Using the nets by themselves won't accomplish much.
After he knocks some out of the trees, assisst with my own nets, prioritize the target bird, then glider snakes, then the small bird.
"Sir yes Sir"
follow instructions then assist with firing nets
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 04, 2015, 06:19:55 am »

I'm slightly worried the game might be boring for some people, so I prepared some additional content for your entertainment while the slow mowing cogs of the "plot" continue rolling.

"Sir yes Sir"
follow instructions then assist with firing nets

Mark aims the genade launcher at biggest group of birds he can see and fires. Three almost simultaneous explosions drops many creatures to ground, some fall like a ragdoll and some manage flap their wings to make fall softer. Every bird and snake not affected by grenades takes the hint and flies away. Mark manages to score two more kills with his pistol, larger redheaded bird and a flying snake.

Cromwell steps out of ATV, takes netgun from trailer and starts netting fallen creatures together with Mark. For most part it goes well, there's even unexpected rat among your prey, but netting those target birds is a bit of problem. You see, when fired net touches something, it turns very hard and strong so net essentially wraps its target within unbreakable prison. Only electric shock will soften it.
So imagine this: your target bird, at least those who are still alive, is covered by net which hardens as usual. The bird struggles for a moment and then the net suddenly goes limp and the bird starts wriggling its way out of it, slowly but surely.

Your haul at moment:
  • 6 target birds
    • 2 are dead
    • 4 are currently escaping
  • 5 red headed birds
    • 1 dead in net
    • 1 shot dead
    • 3 alive
  • 3 flying snakes
    • 1 dead in net
    • 1 shot dead
    • 1 alive
  • 1 rat(?)

Get ready to go to Team A in case they need support.

You prepare two-man flyer for immediate takeoff. Weapons are all ready, so there's nothing to do but wait for a command. Hmm, they left without taking sample containers. Wonder if they need any?

"Science!"
Run off to my lab and watch the insects try to escape.

Escape? Did you let them free? No problem, they might wander around in the lab but they can never get any further. Unless you intentionally release them...

"Um..."

Your neck itches annoyingly.

The Froggy Ninja: Do you want to do something with those infrared eyes you made but never checked?

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Springy grass. (Partially studied)
* Soil. (Studied)
* Seven corpses of large four eyed birds. (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (Studied)
* Two corpses of black wolf-creature. (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples of black wolf-creatures.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female wolf-creature.
* Grasshopper-type insect. (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (Not studied)

Completed things:
* Vaccines against BGR-1, BGR-2, BAQ-1, BGu-1 and VGu-1.
* Infrared vision eyes. Using Dave's DNA as a base. (unchecked)
* Infrared/four eyed full body human clone with fused ribs. Using Theron's DNA as a base. Growth halted.
Old sigs.
Games.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 04, 2015, 09:15:51 am »

"Damn it!"

Haul the struggling birds into the trailer, then try to get those living that aren't fighting yet.
Nab that rat thing, if I have time, too.

He flipped on his comm.
"Team Two, this is Cromwell, I have a request. Get me a shock rod, or taser of some kind, and some more crates on a trailer. A lot more crates."
The Derail Thread

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 04, 2015, 10:37:07 am »

Mark raises an eyebrow and asks "Sir?" before tazering one of the escaping birds and wrapping it securely in the net before repeating for the other ones "that help?" he asks with a grin then help secure all the birds alive and dead
My Sig

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 04, 2015, 01:12:37 pm »

"Damn it!"

Haul the struggling birds into the trailer, then try to get those living that aren't fighting yet.
Nab that rat thing, if I have time, too.

He flipped on his comm.
"Team Two, this is Cromwell, I have a request. Get me a shock rod, or taser of some kind, and some more crates on a trailer. A lot more crates."
"On my way."
Get everything he asked for as fast as possible.Define "a lot" as all the trailer can bring without breaking when filled.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 04, 2015, 01:27:02 pm »

"I knew there was a reason I brought you along, Mark! Good work.
I'll still have those guys come help us, though. It looks like there's a lot more things out here we should grab than what I anticipated."
The Derail Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #284 on: January 04, 2015, 03:05:47 pm »

Wake up. Go to the lab and help [SaberTooth] with.. Whatever he's actually doing right now.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 59