Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 113073 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Mutant factory
« Reply #450 on: January 18, 2015, 12:58:51 pm »

Mark on hearing the anguished cries only sighed and muttered "god damn not again" before racing down the corridors getting a two man flyer ready with Cromwell (making sure it has a wench for rescue work) and going after them asking the comns people to tell em where they are.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 01:03:19 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 18, 2015, 01:02:01 pm »

"I HATE MONDAYS!"
Keep myself inside the car, tell location on radio.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 18, 2015, 01:03:11 pm »

((Not really I'm a genetic engineer who came to see if things from alien life forms could be useful to humans. So I'm making animals which could be useful in general as well as to us specifically. Also I am a scientist not an adventurer. I'm not gonna risk my life to observe something that's not even my field of study.))
Yep. Start growing an improved batch. Also talk to the growing babies so they will recognize the sound of my voice when they are born.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 18, 2015, 01:06:41 pm »

((Not really I'm a genetic engineer who came to see if things from alien life forms could be useful to humans. So I'm making animals which could be useful in general as well as to us specifically. Also I am a scientist not an adventurer. I'm not gonna risk my life to observe something that's not even my field of study.))
Yep. Start growing an improved batch. Also talk to the growing babies so they will recognize the sound of my voice when they are born.
Well I think that you are completely insane and got put on this mission by the military to make strong biological weapons that noone can complain about because "this animal evolved completely naturally on this planet yep"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 18, 2015, 01:27:30 pm »

Cromwell reached the loading dock, and saw Mark with the two-man flier, and tossed him a pistol.
"I swear to god, Mark, some days I think you're the only sane person here."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 18, 2015, 02:53:27 pm »

Well I think that you are completely insane and got put on this mission by the military to make strong biological weapons that noone can complain about because "this animal evolved completely naturally on this planet yep"
That doesn't contradict anything I said.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 18, 2015, 04:07:14 pm »

Take the fastest thing I can to Guni's location, after grabbing some first aid supplies.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #457 on: January 18, 2015, 07:17:44 pm »

Adam! Adam grab on! Hold out my rifle towards the jeep so Adam can grab it, if he can see it. Adam just reach out your hand! I can't see you!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 18, 2015, 07:24:53 pm »

Cromwell reached the loading dock, and saw Mark with the two-man flier, and tossed him a pistol.
"I swear to god, Mark, some days I think you're the only sane person here."
Mark passes the pistol back "I'm already prepared also I'm just glad that I have someone else that's sane for once" Mark said nodding at Cromwell.
My Sig

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 18, 2015, 08:04:38 pm »

Go to the flier bay with 6 double barrel pistols. Probably need some holsters, too.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 18, 2015, 11:59:26 pm »

Cromwell slid the pistol back into his holster.
"When we get back, we should have a toast to hope that our sanity holds out through all this."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 19, 2015, 01:49:56 am »

Cromwell slid the pistol back into his holster.
"When we get back, we should have a toast to hope that our sanity holds out through all this."
"Hey don't say that your going to jinx us."
My Sig

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 19, 2015, 12:57:03 pm »

Spoiler: SECRETS (click to show/hide)

Lots of actions

This is going to bad day for Cromwell's blood pressure.

"Guni, Adam. Where the hell are you?" He asks through radio while running towards armory.
"I HATE MONDAYS!" Adam yells back. "I'm in the rapids, west of the base. You hear me? IN the rapids!"

While Cromwell knew this planet would be dangerous, he certainly didn't expect this type of danger. Why's Adam in rapids?
"Why are you in rapids? Did you try to swim in it or what?"
"Our jeep decided to!"

Better leave interrogation for later, Cromwell decides as he gets assault rifle from armory. At same time Alex arrives into the armory and requests six double barreled pistols. Quartermaster and Cromwell both stare Alex for a moment before Cromwell snaps and starts yelling.

Alex is very bemused by this sudden aggression. He can't even understand what Cromwell is yelling about. "Ship", "job", "double", "never"... those are only words he can understand.
"Dude, calm down." He says. This is too much for Cromwell and he storms out, still yelling and swearing. Quartermaster gives Alex two auto-aiming pistols and extra clip for both, while raising his eyebrows in unspoken question.

Meanwhile Mark gets two-man flyer ready for launch. Thankfully the job is almost done as someone had moved flyer into position already. "Adam prepared it on this morning, and nobody bothered to set it down." answers one engineer into his question. Wow, that man must be a prophet or something to be able to predict this.
Unfortunately the flyer doesn't have a wench of any kind, it only has rings where one can attach ropes. Mark stows some ropes and hooks into flyers cargo compartment  when Cromwell arrives.

"I swear to god, Mark, some days I think you're the only sane person here." Cromwell says and tosses Mark an imaginary pistol. Mark grabs it and passes it back.
"I'm already prepared. Also I'm just glad that I have someone else that's sane for once." he nods.
Cromwell slids the imaginary pistol back into his imaginary holster.
"Hey don't say that, you're going to jinx us."

At least their sanity is on same wavelength.

((Cromwell doesn't have a pistol. All he has is the assault rifle he just got.
The auto-aiming pistol works like this: you aim at your target, lock it, and fire in its general direction. You can use enviro-suit's HUD for locking. The bullet will home in exactly where it was locked to. Other pistols do not have this feature, but all bigger guns do with exception of gauss rifles.
Alex can't go outside. He can't wear enviro-suit because his neck brace is in the way. Or he could just take the risk and go without one... Air outside is very breathable, mind you. And you all are vaccinated against every harmful bacteria and virus you know exists outside.))

Batch of version 2 is growing.

You babble sweet nothings to your new babies like a good father, even though you are not sure if they can even hear you. Never mind if it looks insane to others.

Perhaps you should record your babbles and replay it in permanent loop?

Take the fastest thing I can to Guni's location, after grabbing some first aid supplies.

Technically you have kept a first aid kit with you ever since Guni was attacked. As well as your small pistol.

Now here's two ways to go; two-man flyer Mark prepared for launch since no one else has stated intent to get in, or take an ATV, perhaps with a trailer, and drive there by yourself. Or pick the third option and take personal flyer.

Also, infirmary tells you that BAQ-3 vaccine ran out of materials. Which means it doesn't have enough the bacteria to test effectiveness of active part of the vaccine. Odd, you are sure you had enough...

Adam! Adam grab on! Hold out my rifle towards the jeep so Adam can grab it, if he can see it. Adam just reach out your hand! I can't see you!

You take two steps into the rapids, that's as far as you have courage to go due strong currents here (not to mention slippery rocks), and prepare to use your rifle as a holding stick for Adam to grab. The jeep is still three meters further in, so Adam has to make quite jump of faith even if he manages to get out of the jeep.

I have a question for you: which direction the barrel is pointed at?

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Large four eyed birds. (7 dead) (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (1 dead) (Studied)
* Biggus Dickus (2 dead). (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female Biggus Dickus.
* Grasshopper-type insect (1 alive). (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (3 dead) (Studied)
* Assholium Rectumas. (4/6 alive) (Barely studied)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants (Puppy: -13)
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants, version 2 (Puppy: -15)
* Werewolf (Adult: -5)
* Vaccine against BAQ-3 (??)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
* Biological replacement parts for Alex's wound.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:25:54 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 19, 2015, 01:12:10 pm »

ATV w/ trailer, in case Adam should fall unconscious. Radio Dave D. Davidson.
"If you don't mind, could you check on BAQ-3 supplies in the infirmary?"
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 19, 2015, 01:32:38 pm »

Re-orient myself, see if the car is fully submerged.
If yes:Turn off comms, swear a lot, turn on comms.
If no: look out of the car.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 59