Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 113047 times)

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Mutant factory
« Reply #435 on: January 17, 2015, 07:49:29 am »

"I like swimming!"
Get out of car, swim a bit.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 17, 2015, 09:09:01 am »

"I like swimming!"
Yeeah... Good luck with that.  8)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At least your radio still works.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 17, 2015, 10:15:28 am »

"I like swimming!"
Yeeah... Good luck with that.  8)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At least your radio still works.
((Does the river flow towards the Ocean or lake?Or using the impact protection from the suit to look awesome sort of swimming?))
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:22:33 am by Haveroszaur »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 17, 2015, 10:31:39 am »

((There's no oceans, only lakes. The river flows to south.

Impact protection should keep you safe from broken bones at least, but broken joints are still possible if you hit boulders in wrong angle. Dunno if it looks awesome or just pitiful, it's down to your luck at this point.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 17, 2015, 02:14:53 pm »

Impact protection should keep you safe from broken bones at least, but broken joints are still possible if you hit boulders in wrong angle. Dunno if it looks awesome or just pitiful, it's down to your luck at this point.))
((If this was an RTD I would attempt drinking the water reserves of the planet.))
Stay in car, enjoy the really bumpy waterslide.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 17, 2015, 03:00:34 pm »

Look into Alex's neck wound.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 17, 2015, 03:22:06 pm »

Start research on doing that dual eyes thing from before.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 17, 2015, 03:47:59 pm »

Begin installing some non-harmful booby traps for Scott to trigger. Find a random janitor nobody really cares about and prepare to blame it on him.[/b[
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 17, 2015, 04:10:59 pm »

"what the hell was in that". Be parianoid about what I was just injected with " vaccines don't glow bright red".
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 17, 2015, 04:15:14 pm »

Oh, also, begin grabbing the various vaccines I made and administer them to the crew.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #445 on: January 17, 2015, 05:07:28 pm »

ALEX ADAM! WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS! Run along the river and try to keep up with him.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 07:31:46 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 17, 2015, 10:59:32 pm »

Wait for the base to be in position, assist with getting stuff ready.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 18, 2015, 05:47:49 am »

ALEX! Run along the river and try to keep up with him.
((ADAM, NOT ALEX!!))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 18, 2015, 11:33:26 am »

((If this was an RTD I would attempt drinking the water reserves of the planet.))
Stay in car, enjoy the really bumpy waterslide.
((I this was a RTD you would die from water poisoning or from ruptured stomach, depending on roll.))

Without support from seat belt you have very hard time staying in the jeep. You hang on what you think is a seat and wait for something to happen. After few rolls the jeep crashes on something, probably a boulder, and stops, leaving your side down. At least so your disoriented senses tell you. You can't really see anything but white noise.

Look into Alex's neck wound.

Alex is staring his custom monster in infirmary, so you head there. The wound is covered with a neck brace and few layers of gauze. You can't really tell how it is without removing those protective layers and infirmary very strongly recommends you stop trying. It doesn't seem to bother Alex so it's probably fine.

Start research on doing that dual eyes thing from before.

You decide to tackle the old problem again. You spend half hour staring at screen without coming up any kind of good ideas. Finally in flash of insipration you decide to take a look on spider dna how different eyes are handled over there, and sure enough, you manage to figure it out. Eye configuration still needs to be mirrored, but at least you can change pairs individually.

So "normal" fore eyes are normal and new ones on sides provide infrared/low-light vision?

It feels like you are playing different game here than others...

Begin installing some non-harmful booby traps for Scott to trigger. Find a random janitor nobody really cares about and prepare to blame it on him.
Oh, also, begin grabbing the various vaccines I made and administer them to the crew.

Heh. Medical supply crates are now trapped with light electric shock and tear gas traps. But you can't find random janitor nobody really cares, it's relatively tight knit group here.

Ok, the present crew is treated, but Guni and Adam are still outside. Gotta treat them later.

"what the hell was in that". Be parianoid about what I was just injected with " vaccines don't glow bright red".

It didn't glow, it was just very red, like this. Kinda reminds you of times when you were butchering your prey back in Australia, letting bright oxygenated blood flow out. Ah, good old times, uncomplicated times.

ALEX ADAM! WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS! Run along the river and try to keep up with him.

While the water flow is strong it is easy enough to keep up with the rolling jeep. After few minutes it crashes against a rock and remains in place. Doesn't look very stable, but at moment it isn't moving. Still no sight of Adam...

Wait for the base to be in position, assist with getting stuff ready.

You yell orders and make engineers run around preparing containers for transformation. Living space container needs air filteration unit, toilets, beds, tables, chairs, radio boosters, emergency medical corner which Pendle helpfully provides, kitchen and entertainment. Food and water can be packed on sealed crates and be stored outside.

And laborary container needs... well, you don't know what it needs. You would ask from those biologists, but they are not doing their jobs. One is working with mutant dogs and has not set a foot outside of the base, why he's even here? Other one is messing around with bugs and what not and Alex... oh Alex... he's totally ignoring you again. You can feel your blood pressure slowly rising up.

It doesn't help at all when you hear the last biologist screaming name of your newest reinforcement in panic. What did this trouble magnet fuck up this time?

>Everyone: You can hear Guni yelling Adam's name over the radio. Sounds like trouble.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Large four eyed birds. (7 dead) (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (1 dead) (Studied)
* Biggus Dickus (2 dead). (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female Biggus Dickus.
* Grasshopper-type insect (1 alive). (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (3 dead) (Studied)
* Assholium Rectumas. (4/6 alive) (Barely studied)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants (Puppy: -14)
* Werewolf (Newborn: Now, Adult: -6)
* Vaccine against BAQ-3 (-1)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
* Biological replacement parts for Alex's wound.
Old sigs.
Games.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 18, 2015, 12:36:33 pm »

Cromwell grips his head in frustration.

He was starting to see the logic behind an orbital bombardment, now. Just in a slightly different location.

Comms: "Guni, Adam. Where the hell are you?"

Yell at Alex, then grab an assualt rifle and get a flier to the loading dock in case I'm needed to go outside.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 59