Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 113076 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: (Almost) Everyone is locked up
« Reply #420 on: January 15, 2015, 05:12:06 am »

Yep, could walk that without breaking hardly a sweat. The car could take us pretty far if we didn't have a lake on one side, a forest on the other, and rivers on the remaining sides. Fuck if I'm going to take a flyer, which you can't use to look around without landing, and can't use to carry stuff like supplies, captured creatures or perhaps most importantly, incapacitated individuals. Goddamn pterodactyls flying around as well, not going to chance getting swatted. Unless we've got a legitimate aircraft that's VTOL—that is not the base—I'm sticking with this jeep, because fuck taking a light vehicle and getting mauled again.

Of course not, because last time I tried it was a shit show and I got attacked by all of nature simultaneously only stepping dozens of yards into the treeline, I could literally see my vehicle from where I stood. The place is absurdly lethal, absolutely out of the question with just me and my friend here, I doubt we'd have any more luck going in there with less than the entire team.

For defence of flyers, those things do have transparent cockpit and small cargo compartment (big enough to carry boxed german shepherd, indicated when Pendle fished the ink fish thing). And that is just single-person flyer. There are bigger ones which you will encounter briefly if you go for spelunking. Not absurdly big, but big enough to carry those "outpost" containers.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #421 on: January 15, 2015, 05:36:48 am »

For defence of flyers, those things do have transparent cockpit and small cargo compartment (big enough to carry boxed german shepherd, indicated when Pendle fished the ink fish thing).

And that is just single-person flyer. There are bigger ones which you will encounter briefly if you go for spelunking. Not absurdly big, but big enough to carry those "outpost" containers.
Well sure I mean I was scouting earlier in one so I assumed I was banking and looking around through my canopy, but my point is that I can't check things out up close or generally affect any kind of retrieval or actual reconnaissance without being on the ground. That hold sounds sufficient enough to carry someone back in pieces, but as for a whole, injured man.. That'd be a bit cramped, not exactly gonna do anything for improving his health, to fold someone who's already hurt.

Oh I see. These are all fixed wing aircraft?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 15, 2015, 11:00:55 am »

Turn is mostly done, just waiting/hoping action from mastahcheese.

Oh I see. These are all fixed wing aircraft?

No, more along VTOL you were hoping for. Wings provide lift in high speed flight, and fancy space-future tech gives additional lift when flying really slow (running speed) or hovering.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Mutant factory
« Reply #423 on: January 15, 2015, 12:54:16 pm »

Now we have passed the absolute minimum time I expected this game to take. Let's see if we make it to the maximum.

As such how's your opinion so far about the game? How do I do as a GM?

You drive and Adam fears. If you had taken a look on map generated during landing you would know that there's another rapids in west cutting off your path. But you didn't.
No I saw that you expanded it a bit last update. Are we really restricted to just this tiny area?

Continue until we reach the edge of the river.

You keep driving until you finally arrive to rapids cutting your path off. On other side of rapids you can see grassland to continue around 80 meters and then FOREST BEGINS! Oh shit.

You recall the bovines running this direction yesterday so it means there must be a crossing somewhere near.

Once it's done dissect the new one to see if growth affected anything. If not start growing five.

You dissect the new one, but you can't find any new changes. It's bones are a little weaker than in previous version but that much was expected. They are still far stronger than your normal calsium bones.

So far all your growing are made with fast growth component meant for growing replacement body parts. It also made their brains non-functional. Since you are now making many at once I take you want them to grow at normal pace and end up normal living and feeling animals?

Yeah, Alex could be a lab hand and potentially learn something.

Spoiler: SECRETS (click to show/hide)

Allright. Using BAQ-3 from your own blood as a base you two manage to make something. You can't tell for certain if it works as intended, but you are quite optimistic.

Dunno if Alex learned anything, he wasn't paying much attention.

Begin working on some more vaccines, BAQ-3 in particular. Also, begin production of the vaccines listed by the doctors.

Infirmary is now synthesising new vaccines from other doctors as well as for BAQ-3.

Doctor from Weather 1 sends message saying than he has encountered this bacteria. He found it out to be harmless but very capable of spreading into all kinds of tissue not native to this planet.

volunteer for the cave mission when I find out about it equip a automatic shotgun knife SMG as well as a tazer and high caliber side arm. 

You don't know about cave mission either, since Cromwell isn't telling. You could stumble into briefing room for a sneak peek...

According to my notes your load currently is this:
* Enviro-suit
* SMG.
* Auto-shotgun.
* High caliber pistol
* Taser
* Survival knife
* Netgun.

Pistol, knife and taser are easy enough to carry around, but you gotta drop one of the big guns or you'll have troubles shooting and moving. Not to mention if you want to carry extra clips for each. SMG, shotgun or netgun, one have to go.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Large four eyed birds. (7 dead) (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (1 dead) (Studied)
* Black wolf-creature (2 dead). (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples of black wolf-creatures.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female wolf-creature.
* Grasshopper-type insect (1 alive). (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (3 dead) (Studied)
* Small azure/turquoise bird with three-way split beak. (4/6 alive) (Barely studied)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* Attack dog hybrid mutant (Puppy: ?, Adult: ?)
* Werewolf (Newborn: -2, Adult: -8)
* Various vaccines from other units (-1)
* Vaccines against BAQ-3 (-3)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:23:00 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 15, 2015, 02:40:51 pm »

"I suggest we go north.Following the river blocks off one side of attack from the wolf-things, the other side gets completely obliterated by the two of us.
Or we could bait something on the other side to attack, telling us where we can cross.Your choice, Guni."
Good job as GM, the game is good.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 15, 2015, 05:55:34 pm »

Well...Laze about until somebody gets hurt or informs me of the cave thing.

((You're a pretty good GM. Things do stall for me quite a bit, but eh, I am playing a doctor on a scientific expedition. I suppose it would be kind of hard to not expect that happening fro time to time. I do really like the tone of this insofar, though.))
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 15, 2015, 06:05:34 pm »

Check on my mutant.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #427 on: January 15, 2015, 06:51:49 pm »

"I suggest we go north. Following the river blocks off one side of attack from the wolf-things, the other side gets completely obliterated by the two of us.
Or we could bait something on the other side to attack, telling us where we can cross. Your choice, Guni."
Yeah let's follow the river north just like last time. Follow the edge of the river north.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 15, 2015, 09:01:46 pm »

Drop off the net gun and smg and laze around for a while

Get the vaccine as well
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:42:23 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 15, 2015, 09:57:35 pm »

Say over the intercomms:
Everyone in the base to the medbay, the vaccine for BAQ-3 is done. More information available from me.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 16, 2015, 10:49:49 am »

Only four actions plus two lazing around so far, I think I'll wait for more. At this point I think it is fair to assume Cromwell would let people know about spelunking operation, so feel free to act based on it.

Yourmaster: As a expedition leader you have right/duty to make decision about spelunking mission. What's your vote for it? Yes/no?
Old sigs.
Games.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 16, 2015, 12:53:08 pm »

Great! In that case:

Upon being informed of this (Assuming he's informed of this), Jonathan immediately jumped at the opportunity. In fact, he was about halfway to the gate before realizing he should probably make preparations first. First, he makes a call to the engineering team, asking if his infirmary can be controlled remotely, and if not, if they can make it so. Second, he begins packing; a number of medical suits, environment suits, food, water, and emergency medical supplies for the trip there. Call the two from Geo 2 and check who'll be getting medical supplies; bringing them if the responsibility is put on me. Finally, set out along with anyone else who's coming.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 16, 2015, 06:39:33 pm »

Yep. Also I assume that the base dogs already are domesticated?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 16, 2015, 08:45:36 pm »

Sorry, life has been hell lately.

Inform people about the incoming cave expedition.

I can't think of what else to do right now, mind's hazy.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 17, 2015, 07:25:43 am »

"I suggest we go north.Following the river blocks off one side of attack from the wolf-things, the other side gets completely obliterated by the two of us.
Or we could bait something on the other side to attack, telling us where we can cross.Your choice, Guni."
"I suggest we go north. Following the river blocks off one side of attack from the wolf-things, the other side gets completely obliterated by the two of us.
Or we could bait something on the other side to attack, telling us where we can cross. Your choice, Guni."
Yeah let's follow the river north just like last time. Follow the edge of the river north.

Spoiler: SECRETS (click to show/hide)

Sounds like a plan. Guni turns the jeep and drives to north following the river closely. Ground is filled with small holes and rocks making ride rather bumpy. One particularly hard bump turns the jeep on crash course with the rapids, almost tripping it over.

Shit! The brakes! Guni shouts in panic when the jeep doesn't obey her desire to stop and instead speeds up. She has just barely enough time to jump out of the car before it dives into rapids. Adam isn't as lucky, he manages to open his seat belt just when the car loses its momentum, throwing him forward and knocking his head on the wind shield. Strong currents flips the jeep upside down and fills it with churning water. Adam is still inside, disoriented.

Guni can't help but watch as the jeep tumbles downstream hitting rocks and boulders along the way. There's no sign of Adam.

Reminder about the enviro-suit: It is sealed suit, so you aren't in danger of drowning. It also has small built-in oxygen tank and a rebreather that allows you survive without having to breathe air outside.

Sorry, life has been hell lately.

Inform people about the incoming cave expedition.

I can't think of what else to do right now, mind's hazy.

No worries, you can always give control temporarily to someone else. Or even to me if simple behaviour guidelines are provided.

"All personel attention, especially biologists and Alex. Unit Geo 2 asked our assistance for exploring cave network they found. Mainly they want our big containers to be trasformed into outpost, so we need to vacate this area and move the base next to theirs."

Upon being informed of this (Assuming he's informed of this), Jonathan immediately jumped at the opportunity. In fact, he was about halfway to the gate before realizing he should probably make preparations first. First, he makes a call to the engineering team, asking if his infirmary can be controlled remotely, and if not, if they can make it so. Second, he begins packing; a number of medical suits, environment suits, food, water, and emergency medical supplies for the trip there. Call the two from Geo 2 and check who'll be getting medical supplies; bringing them if the responsibility is put on me. Finally, set out along with anyone else who's coming.

"Caves! Yay!"

Hold your horses mate, you are not walking there. Entire base needs to be moved. As for medical supplies, it sounds like you have to choose between two bad options; either you bring all supplies and be insulted by Scott when he inspects them and finds something lacking or let Scott prepare everything and be insulted because you can't do anything by yourself.

You choose to prepare supplies by yourself. At least Scott can't insult you for that...

Check on my mutant.

Your mutant is still a fetus. It has appearance very much like its major dna donor, local wolf creature, but some details betrays its human dna. For example its muzzle is shorter than would be expected from pure wolfy thing (I don't want to call it constantly wolfy thing, can you come up with names for all these creatures? Like Canis Assholicus?), its pawns show presence of opposible thumbs, shorter tail, smaller and rounder ears and larger skull. It doesn't have any fur yet, but dark skin indicates it may grow some. Looks like its eyes are shut, but this might be normal. It's normal for many Earth animals.

Cromwell is again shouting to you, something about moving the base.

Drop off the net gun and smg and laze around for a while

Get the vaccine as well

You drop guns into armory and then head into LABS in order to get vaccine from György, because that's where he is, not in medical area. You find him twirling his thumbs and staring at walls.

"You said you have vaccine available?"
"Yes, yes I do. You want it?" György asks focusing on you.
"Sure, I don't want to be infected by alien viruses."
"Yeah, it sucks. It's not like this particular one does really anything horrible but ..." He says while pulling a syringe from his pocket. "... better safe than sorry." György finishes his sentence and injects bright red liquid into your arm.

Yep. Also I assume that the base dogs already are domesticated?

Yes, dogs are domesticated. Is it supposed to affect something?

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Large four eyed birds. (7 dead) (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (1 dead) (Studied)
* Black wolf-creature (2 dead). (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples of black wolf-creatures.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female wolf-creature.
* Grasshopper-type insect (1 alive). (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (3 dead) (Studied)
* Small azure/turquoise bird with three-way split beak. (4/6 alive) (Barely studied)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants (Puppy: -15)
* Werewolf (Newborn: -1, Adult: -7)
* Vaccine against BAQ-3 (-2)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:24:45 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 59