Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Good American MMOs?  (Read 4711 times)

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
Re: Good American MMOs?
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2014, 12:58:20 am »

I forgot one. If you can wait a bit, there is The Repopulation. Its like a modernized Star Wars Galaxies/Tabula Rasa/Shadowbane mix. Crafting is supposed to be really good. Its looking quite good though. NDA is still up, but should be about to end soon if you are curious what others think.

Its a sandbox PvP MMO (I "think" its more faction against other factions, not so much the deathmatch stuff), but is going to have a ton of PvE stuff too.

Holy crap this looks amazing I want it so badly.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 01:27:20 pm »

I'm a tester and it's pretty rad. Tradeskills are awesome, and the few that aren't already have revamps lined up. So rare to see a team of devs dedicated to making a great gaming experience. Also there's usage-based skill gain, which I think is a boon for immersion. It's such a nice feeling to see your dude kill an enemy that could one-hit-kill you a few days earlier.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2014, 02:16:59 pm »

There was also a couple MMORTS games coming out but I forget the name and release status of every single one of them.
I think all of them flopped...
End of nations vanished (or turned into an ARTS, one of the two), and I don't know of the rest.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Yannanth

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 02:18:21 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:16:46 pm by Yannanth »

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2014, 04:11:16 pm »

Since this is turning into a general topic...

I'm looking for an MMO similar to my all-time favourite, RuneScape, which I played on-and-off for six years and was on-and-off a paying member for two years in total. I don't mind paying.

My highligghts of RS include its simple combat (or it was anyway, before EoC), excellent quests and quest writing, and very importantly, it's a classless system of skills. You are not locked into any one set of skills and there are generally no paths to take in just about anything in the game, so you can always experience all of it without having to start over or have multiple characters (which I didn't like in WoW at all). I also loved the minigames. Barbarian Assault in particular -- I once spent an entire month of members' subscription on nothing but Barb. Ass.! Finally, the world wasn't big for the sake of being big -- you regularly treaded old ground. Ground that was teeming with good content. In general, there are no really level-locked areas in RuneScape.

Aside from RuneScape I played WoW for about 3 months, Sword of the New World (almost exclusively for its amazing combat) and Eternal Lands (which does a lot of things right but still can't touch RS).

You sound like you would enjoy Project: Gorgon
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2014, 04:13:27 pm »

Since this is turning into a general topic...

I'm looking for an MMO similar to my all-time favourite, RuneScape, which I played on-and-off for six years and was on-and-off a paying member for two years in total. I don't mind paying.

My highligghts of RS include its simple combat (or it was anyway, before EoC), excellent quests and quest writing, and very importantly, it's a classless system of skills. You are not locked into any one set of skills and there are generally no paths to take in just about anything in the game, so you can always experience all of it without having to start over or have multiple characters (which I didn't like in WoW at all). I also loved the minigames. Barbarian Assault in particular -- I once spent an entire month of members' subscription on nothing but Barb. Ass.! Finally, the world wasn't big for the sake of being big -- you regularly treaded old ground. Ground that was teeming with good content. In general, there are no really level-locked areas in RuneScape.

Aside from RuneScape I played WoW for about 3 months, Sword of the New World (almost exclusively for its amazing combat) and Eternal Lands (which does a lot of things right but still can't touch RS).
Leave me out of your combats, I just want to be a fly fisherman who mines for fun on the weekends.
Pages: 1 2 [3]