Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Let's Play UFO Afterlight: Recruiting  (Read 9676 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play UFO Afterlight: Recruiting
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2014, 04:48:03 pm »

How long until we can field drones? I might want to haunt one...
Probably a bit over two in-game weeks (I'll be building them in a batch of ~4, for better efficiency), so probably 5-7 updates at the pace I've been going. Longer if we want more than one type of suit, or if building some laser guns becomes a priority.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2014, 06:17:39 pm »

Hrmmm, could I possess one of the rookies?
I will just take Pierre, because contact with that horrible hat would cause a disturbing suicide addiction.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2014, 05:54:54 pm »

Spoiler: Battle for the Gate II (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Back at the base (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Another battle (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: And back to base (click to show/hide)

We are now in a good position to strike the Reticulans. Do we do so?

I have a list of available soldier trainings in the second post. You get one point per level, and the basics cost a total of eight points. Our most experienced soldier is level 10.
I plan to only train people with the basics, leaving it up to the players to decide what they're focusing on.

Question: How am I doing on picture size? I've been leaving pictures with text full-size, and shrinking the rest, as I prefer scrolling through smaller pictures. Are the sudden size shifts more annoying than every picture being large, though?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2014, 06:16:11 pm »

For the basics, you could remove the stability training in exchange for getting everyone with major suit training, given that the environment hostility starts to ramp up the further away from the base the territory is, makes the heavy suits more viable around those areas.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2014, 07:34:47 pm »

I vote for peace and cooperation, presumably to be decried as a fool and unanimously overruled by everyone else.

Samantha looked pretty useless in the beastman mission. Glad she turned it around during crawler target practice.

Speaking of which, Minor Toughness first please. I wanna liiiiiiiiiiiiiiive.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2014, 08:05:27 pm »

Hey, there's GOOD reticulans. But they'll only ally with us if we kill the bad ones. Which is mostly a win-win anyway, since they don't occupy any particularly valuable territory.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2014, 09:07:28 pm »

-War

-Major Toughness

-I have to keep re-zoming my browser to see the large images.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2014, 01:12:45 am »

Yay!! I'm awesome! Or, umm, I think it is awesome... what is the word for falling over at the touch of a feather and feeling that nasty-words are appropriate military ordinance?

Umm, war I guess, they need to pay for Original Flavour Homeworld...

And sign me up for athletics, when I can... And I guess I will join the will-train...

Pictures work for me as-is, but, umm, the first post is sort of large, it would have been faster to scroll from the bottom than the top to see it... But thanks for the game, I know I complain, but I am appreciating it!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2014, 02:00:19 pm »

Pictures work for me as-is, but, umm, the first post is sort of large, it would have been faster to scroll from the bottom than the top to see it... But thanks for the game, I know I complain, but I am appreciating it!
What, are you saying the time it takes everyone to scroll past it repeatedly is more valuable than the few seconds it takes me to spoiler tag it?

By the Adamantium, RAM! :v

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2014, 02:44:20 pm »

Well I have spent the past week summoning demons to do my bidding, some of their good vibrations may have rubbed off on me...
Read the First Post!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2014, 03:09:51 pm »

Well since i'm a tech i'd like to be on manufacturing duty (especially killbot manufacturing) and maybe some trainings... i'f Benat is legible for any.

Also i suggest we don't fight the reticulans. There's ground we can take all around us so why fight what appears to be our only ally here?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2014, 04:38:34 pm »

Also i suggest we don't fight the reticulans. There's ground we can take all around us so why fight what appears to be our only ally here?
Ally? Are you listening to yourself? These are the...."people" who are responsible for the Nightfall! They killed billions and twisted millions into their transgenic abominations! And for what? For some forsaken science experiment (that didn't even work) after our forefathers surrendered Earth to them?

We must fix the mistake they made. We must destroy the reticulans, to the last. Only then will the suffering of humanity be soothed with justice. Even in our darkest hour, when they had it all and we were ravaged, they could not destroy us. And do you know why? It is because we are superior to them. We are survivors, and they are fanatical weaklings.

They sent us here, to this place, for us to die. We are surrounded on all sides by hazards and hostile machines, kept alive by a thin and undefended lifeline to the pole. They knew what they were doing when they sent us here. They know they can't face us, so they're going to try to let the forgotten powers and elements of the Red Planet take care of us for them. They're still trying to kill us, every bit as much as they were before. There's only one difference between then and now....

Now they're afraid.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2014, 05:36:46 pm »

twisted millions into their transgenic abominations! And for what? For some forsaken science experiment
I'm not seeing why these aren't the good guys.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2014, 07:10:57 pm »

well, the experiment didn't work, so they can't be that good.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2014, 07:30:48 pm »

While it's the successes that make the headlines, there can be no science without failures. (If you have something that looks like it, check for reality warpers.)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6