Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Separatists  (Read 27993 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Separatists
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2014, 07:52:58 pm »

Veto on the killing, we want the people to decide his fate.
People or not, there needs to be a public trial before any non-combat executions. We are not Derownish.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2014, 05:23:03 pm »

The doctor, having seen what happened in the alleyway, is prepared for your arrival. He treats your man first, quickly cleaning the wound and bandaging it. He'll be fine in a day or two. As for the constable, he fumbles the bandaging a bit. The constable won't bleed to death, but he'll not recover very fast. As for the 2nd constable, it only takes a few moments of triage for the doctor to decide he's fine. The constable might be a bit shook up from being shot at, and he might be in a bit of pain from being kicked in the side, but he's got no serious injuries. You ask the two constables for their name, and tell them about the trial. The first one is named Evin, and the second one is named Harlan.

The two constables and two of your men are set on boring security duty, seeing nothing throughout the night. At the town meeting, you explain to everyone there that they'll be voting on the constable's fate. After a few moments to vote, the numbers come out killing him, if only barely.

Spoiler: Your Forces (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Opinions (click to show/hide)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2014, 05:26:45 pm »

Allow the village to dispose of him however they see fit, apologize for disturbing their sleep, and ask what we can do to assist them.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2014, 06:40:03 pm »

Allow the village to dispose of him however they see fit, apologize for disturbing their sleep, and ask what we can do to assist them.

Announce plans of liberation against the derownish government.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2014, 06:49:41 pm »

+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2014, 07:12:58 am »

+1
+1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2014, 07:29:40 am »

+3.
Sounds like a plan.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2014, 10:27:10 pm »

One of the villagers ducks into a nearby house, grabbing a pistol, while two others grab tools and quickly dig a small ditch. The cop is placed at the mouth of the ditch, shot at gunpoint by the villager, and rolled into it, where he's buried.

The villagers area are slightly nervous around you, but quickly say that it's fine, no trouble. They explain that they're fine, living by themselves, and, except for more money, they have no real needs. As for your plans, they're....unimpressed. They hope you succeed, but you've only got a few men, with a few guns, and the Derown government has....millions of dollars of equipment, a giant military, the list goes on.

Also of note, a few local villagers, carrying hunting rifles, approach you, and explain that they'd be willing to fight for you, in exchange for a share of any money you loot.

Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2014, 10:30:41 pm »

Accept them as troops, and take them to a area where we can see how good of a shot they are.
Their group is probably mostly going to be for the towns defense tho.
Highly Opinionated Fool

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2014, 10:56:24 pm »

Accept them as troops, and take them to a area where we can see how good of a shot they are.

+1 let's start looking for way to get a income going, so we can start to invest in our forces. Also let's send a few men to the next village to check it out.
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2014, 03:22:44 am »

Just FYI: they will not like this. It's quite imprudent to loot from your own town.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2014, 03:52:10 am »

Simply for a different option, take them out on a scouting mission looking for Derown soldiers, then assassinate them. Lie to the villagers and say they were killed by the Derown in the hopes that they will get supremely angry at the Derown Government.

(Doubt anyone will vote for this, but still.)
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2014, 10:43:07 am »

Just FYI: they will not like this. It's quite imprudent to loot from your own town.
Who said they would loot it? Im just saying that they would spend most of their time protecting their fellows.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2014, 10:55:34 pm »

You take the villagers to a nearby clear field, and set up a few objects for targets. Two of them hit every target, one of them hits all but one, and the two others miss most of them. You take them on.

Your lieutenant thinks about income for a bit. He explains that the land isn't very valuable, so static income is probably a no-go. You could get into trafficking, moving weapons, drugs, or even people, or you could raid government trucks and installations for cash. Besides that, he also takes a look at the village, and estimates that you could, probably, tax somewhere between 300 and 400 dollars a month.

Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2014, 11:06:08 pm »

Start taxing for around a 100 bucks, and let's have a few people start helping improve the area. IE build fences, repair roofs, etc for a little bit till we find a target to attack.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26