Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: Separatists  (Read 27979 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Separatists
« Reply #270 on: March 24, 2015, 09:05:30 pm »

Separatists: Clean Up

The men quickly loot the base, searching the armory and the HQ building. They quickly list what they found, and pile it up in the vehicles. They tie up the brigadier and his aides, throwing them in the back, and raise the flag over the HQ. A message is quickly sent to the division headquarters, offering to ransom the soldiers, and you wait for a response. Meanwhile, the fighters quickly head for home, and make it to the base by dawn. When they get there, you realize that there's only barely enough space to hold all of your men, plus the prisoners. Luckily, as the men head back to their posts, the cave begins to get less cluttered.

Spoiler: Supplies from Raid (click to show/hide)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 24, 2015, 10:00:59 pm »

Arty shells? Was there a gun at the base or something?

Also, we could use some of the shells as mines.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 24, 2015, 10:26:29 pm »

You don't know, but your LT guesses it doubled as a resupply base for units in the area. Ammo, gas, the like.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 24, 2015, 11:01:16 pm »

Are there any outposts or large army patrol units we can ambush according to the Intel?

Also what does the map look like?

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 25, 2015, 12:39:44 am »

Could we try jury-rigging the shells into booby-traps and IEDs?
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 25, 2015, 03:53:09 am »

+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 25, 2015, 08:11:55 am »

Why not fish around in the Black Martket?

New orders.

Trial: (I'll leave it to you guys with what we do with them.

Mandatory interrogations: and offers of amnestry if they give us the truth and nothing but the truth. The General and his aides however I feel should be interrogated to get the most accurate information. We should probally tell him that his side has refused to accept or decline ransom of him or his aides. It'll hint that at the momenet it is him and us in a room, the rest of the world does not know of anything else.

We should have our Black Market contact get us some artillery devices that can fire 155 mm shells. I think we'll need them if we want to take the army base that has like 500 soldiers. With the Artillery, more recruits/guns, and this time showing the Kulanian army that we are legit we can finally take the base and get recognition as a independence struggle.

Also since we have a map and the brigade HQ is destroyed does that mean we can take out outposts in the area? It'll be nice to continue to harass the enemy before we take out their main base in this region.

Goes without saying we should announce this and have the soliders confirm our victory over Derown.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 25, 2015, 05:20:38 pm »

((This is what the map looks like.))

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

((Ignore the plane up in the top right, that was a mistake.))
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2015, 04:12:39 pm »

Cool! Thanks for the map Pg.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 26, 2015, 04:56:48 pm »

On the next update can we get a full list of what we have? It may be prudent to start buying some old tanks now..lol.

Also maybe we can do with getting Anti Air craft guns? Not SAM just the shooty kind to have at least SOME air defense in case the enemy decides to use their war planes.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 27, 2015, 06:41:17 pm »

Separatists: Bang for Your Buck

Your black market contact looks at you funny when you request two artillery guns, and steps out of the room for a second, pulling out a phone. After a few moments, he walks back in, and sits down.

"I can get you two guns for 20,000 dollars. Old, towed artillery guns. That work for you?"

Meanwhile, your men begin to interrogate the general and his aides. The general doesn't crack, but two of his aides do. Unfortunately, they don't give you much information that you don't already have in the documents. Your lieutenant is pouring over the documents, and will probably have a report for you soon. The rank and file soldiers don't know anything.

There are plenty of outposts in the mountains. A few firebases, with artillery guns, and some other outposts and checkpoints.

Spoiler: KIA (click to show/hide)

Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 28, 2015, 01:31:00 am »

So we have a 123 men, not Including our LT. I also vote to have him promoted to captain and have a few viable veterans become Lieutenants to make running things easier so we have more officers to help run things.

I also say Buy the Guns ASAP we need the fire power.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 01:33:48 am by stabbymcstabstab »
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 28, 2015, 01:38:24 am »

We should have the more experienced and battle hardened soldiers mix with the raw recruits. Also decline the offer and ask him to find us modern artillery. Tell him that if he can find the price we'll begin negotiating again.

For now ask about getting a foreign journalist here to interview us. I'm sure we can "leak" information on life here and how the brave KIA  are fighting off the derown military. Oh and some humvees with machine guns on top would be good too.

EDIT: Train the last raw recruits to at least KNOW how to use a gun. Train 10 with us personally and 10 with our LT.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 11:52:20 am by 3man75 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 28, 2015, 11:32:47 am »

There isint much of a difference between modern arty and what is being proposed.

Also, is that price for both or each?

As for army structure, who else thinks that nine riflemen and a support guy armed with an LMG, a sniper rifle, or a RPG is an alright composition?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 28, 2015, 02:28:19 pm »

Also have one close up guy trained in fighting or shotguns
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26