- 4 (44.4%)
Sure, but it should have a limit.
- 0 (0%)
Other...
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: December 09, 2014, 05:28:09 pm

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Age of the hydra, a new life (Modded Adventure Mode CYOA) (page 13!)  (Read 44173 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Age of the hydra (Modded Adventure Mode CYOA)
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2014, 06:32:30 pm »

Let's just calm down and not eat any head, okay guys?
Except for a one-head.

Eat no head except for a one-head.
That's a great idea! Eat more one-head heads to absorb their ability to read and speak.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2014, 06:58:42 pm »

Let's just calm down and not eat any head, okay guys?
Except for a one-head.

Eat no head except for a one-head.
That's a great idea! Eat more one-head heads to absorb their ability to read and speak.
To make sure that none of your heads eat each other, you are going to go out and scatter the humans again. You note that the closest town is now a ruin due to you killing all the humans in it. Oh great you're gonna have to spend a night outside AGAIN.
Spoiler: OOC notes (click to show/hide)
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2014, 07:13:55 pm »

Inspired by this, i've managed to get a wonderful little embark with a hydra on. Now i need to capture him :P

If anyone else wants to play with a hydra embark: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10253
No raws have been editted.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2014, 08:54:27 pm »

Spoiler: ooc notes (click to show/hide)
As you walk into the town, you are greeted by a idiotic human 'sacred glimmer'.
"Halt, foul beast! your evils shall not be to-" Aaaand he's dead. That's what running up to a hydra does to one-heads. Despite the anti-climactic fight, he was a symbol to the humans so you take his head. This time the army screamed and ran so you had to chase them down.
None of them are fit to be dolls because you had to maul them quickly to get to the next one so they didn't get far. To make up for this, you are claiming their figurines.
All of them.
At this point, you look in the pool of blood, then at yourself.
You are stronger than any other hydra, and more agile as well, as you realize how nimbly you had weaved through the area. You used to be slow, but now you are quick enough to run down prey. Many fights have marred your shining golden scales with dim scars. Each scar has a story, a battle, a victory. Other scales are stained with blood.
You feel empowered to hunt down those that fear you, but you wonder if you can find something more of a challenge...
It's time to find your rivals.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2014, 09:09:50 pm »

We may be super badass, but our main power is being SMART  (s). That's why we have so many heads. cause we be so clever. Like, if we fight something dumb but very strong, let's poke it's eyes out with a bow or a throw thing.

Oh wow what if we could kill a monster with a THROWN DOLL that would be so badass!

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2014, 07:22:19 am »

We may be super badass, but our main power is being SMART  (s). That's why we have so many heads. cause we be so clever. Like, if we fight something dumb but very strong, let's poke it's eyes out with a bow or a throw thing.

Oh wow what if we could kill a monster with a THROWN DOLL that would be so badass!
You only have two dolls, but many figures from the human town. They are carved of bone so they may not do much damage when you throw them. You decide to head towards the dwarven settlement due to their riches. They'll attract other beasts so you might also get a fight as well as riches.
In other news, you've idly found out how to say 'yes' so now you're doing that.

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2014, 06:00:33 pm »

Spoiler: OOC notes (click to show/hide)
You have found a dwarven fort. After you clean out the trade depot, you descend down the stairs. You notice how dark it is. As you go down to the lowest levels, you find that the lowest levels are a bit busy. Hot, red rock is oozing through a hole in the wall. You look over to see a wave of it heading for you so you leave. Fast. Not that the lava will kill you outright (it might though), but the treasures that you're holding will be gone. You go up to the level before this and find a stockpile of large objects. "Yes." you say quietly to yourself, setting off a chorus of screaming dwarfs. You can't quite see them so you ignore them while you pick out the furniture with decorations. You'll sort it when you can see.

Ok, heavy, heavy, heavy. You are DEFINITELY weeding out the stuff you don't want, as this is actually ridiculously heavy. Might have to do with the fact that dwarfs seem to like lead. After tossing out all the clothes, except socks, that you have picked up, you drop the furniture that looked boring. You then leave to grab the stuff in your old lair to take back to your tower.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2014, 07:05:02 pm »

What shall our prized metal be? Of course not anything too dangerous, even though six and a half heads are much better than one, danger is still ever present. (Bogeymen, anyone?)

I say we hunt down things made of Aluminum.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2014, 08:10:54 pm »

We should grab silver, on the off-chance we encounter a vampire. Don't want to carry a doll THAT'S STILL ALIVE, do we? No, because it'll suck out all of our blood.

We must have silver.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2014, 09:41:30 pm »

even though six and a half heads are much better than one
Come on, don't be so mean. Sixth head is no less than anyone, even if it has brain damage.
I do stuff, I guess

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2014, 10:22:55 pm »

Gold, gold, gold!

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2014, 12:18:45 am »

*Doesn't care what we do, just wants to bite something*

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2014, 12:50:20 am »

Aluminum seems like the smartest choice as it's tied for platinum at most valuable and very lightweight, but then again platinum is really heavy and therefore more impressive if we carry large amounts of it so I vote we go for only platinum.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2014, 12:52:57 am »

I say adamantium tho, since people will be afraid of opening a portal to hell if they hit us to hard.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2014, 10:25:44 am »

I say adamantium tho, since people will be afraid of opening a portal to hell if they hit us to hard.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17