Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110206 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Five: 6/13 Remain
« Reply #675 on: January 22, 2015, 05:43:53 pm »

Another note:
When I killed flabort, my flavor text said he was at the entrance of his tent, about to go inside.
I am not sure if the flavor text is reliable, but it could mean that flabort was doing something.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 22, 2015, 05:44:43 pm »

TheDarkStar, what did you see?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 22, 2015, 05:56:51 pm »

Weeks of combat has played a toll on the equipment, and your combat boots are quite tattered. By your luck, the logistics officer of the unit happens to be an asshole, and you've been days without proper footwear. You get the idea of searching through Pvt. Renner's possessions for a fresh pair. You feel a singe of guilt for raiding the possessions of a dead man, but the nutjob tried to fucking kill you, and you feel he got what he deserved. You shuffle through his collapsed tent, looking through whatever is left of his possessions. Amongst the clutter you happen to find a box nobody seemed to notice before. You open it, and inside are a multitude of anti-German hate posters, and sketches of German spies being brutally murdered.Digging deeper, you find fleshy strips of skin and meat. Realizing they're the scalps of probably fallen enemy soldiers, you freak out dropping the box and its contents everywhere. Heart pounding, you also notice a few journals filled with complete pyschoprofiles of every soldier in the unit, including you. You grab the boots you were looking for, and get away fast. This guy was a nut, and you're glad he died when he did.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 22, 2015, 06:00:08 pm »

TDS, any good news?

Nope, I saw nothing.

PPE: origami still shot scum, remember. If anything, he's an evil third party that wants to kill everyone, but I'm leaning towards him being just a survivor.

Origami: Why did you chose the target you did?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 22, 2015, 06:10:10 pm »

because I was almost certain he was scum (claiming he was JOAT when I was and not even knowing what JOAT was until I fed him)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 22, 2015, 06:24:55 pm »

Unfortunate Accident Voting:
mastahcheese(0):
TheDarkStar(0):
Deathsword(0):
origamiscienceguy(2): mastahcheese, Deathsword
Comrade Shamrock(0):
Deus Asmoth(0):
No Lynch(0):
Not Voting: TheDarkStar, origamiscienceguy, Comrade Shamrock, Deus Asmoth

Lookout Voting:
mastahcheese(0):
TheDarkStar(0):
Deathsword(0):
origamiscienceguy(0):
Comrade Shamrock(0):
Deus Asmoth(0):
Not Voting: mastahcheese, TheDarkStar, Deathsword, origamiscienceguy, Comrade Shamrock, Deus Asmoth

Vivalas, that was disturbing yet awesome.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 22, 2015, 06:28:43 pm »

His result was the same as the one TolyK got on flabort; a few miscellaneous items and a small roll of codes. That's why I'm hesitant to go after it when flabort had died the night before, he might have had some passive ability that transfers his result to someone else.
Flarbot turned out to be scum, though.
Tiruin had the same result as Caz, and Caz's result didn't match the role of her flavour at all. I'm inclined to believe that there has been evidence planting going on, especially now that origami has claimed it as one of his powers, though the logic behind it is kind of suspect...

How would people feel about everyone roleclaiming? I ask because I have results on half the remaining townies, and if a kill was or was not blocked last night has a lot of bearing on whether I think lynching origami is a good idea last night.

origami[/i]: What was the exact result on Perseus? What was your investigation ability called?

In other news, we probably should have trained our lookouts to actually be capable of performing guard duty :/
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 22, 2015, 06:32:49 pm »

May I just say...

NINJAS
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 22, 2015, 06:37:11 pm »

I don't know what the result on persus12 was since slithuri was the one that did it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 22, 2015, 07:00:13 pm »

I don't know what the result on persus12 was since slithuri was the one that did it.
You should ask 4maskwolf for the full pms.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 22, 2015, 07:08:01 pm »

slithuri learned that persus13 was town.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 22, 2015, 09:42:55 pm »

...damn it.

Unvote.

As much as I hate it, TDS is right. The idea of origami shooting his scumbuddy, then claiming some very obtuse role that even includes incriminating abilities just doesn't add up, and doesn't sound like a gambit that anyone would think to pull off.

If we believe Origami is telling the truth about being a survivor, and believe that DA is actually a cop, and that TDS is town, then that leave Deathsword, Comrade Shamrock, and myself as the possibilities of being scum. (and hopefully the last scum.)

Well, I've technically already claimed earlier, as I'm a vanilla soldier. And now I really wish I had some power to let me do something about this situation.

Bluh, I need to think on this.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 22, 2015, 09:58:04 pm »

How would people feel about everyone roleclaiming? I ask because I have results on half the remaining townies, and if a kill was or was not blocked last night has a lot of bearing on whether I think lynching origami is a good idea last night.
I agree with Deus about a mass claim. So far we have:
Deus Asmoth: Cop
Mastahcheese: VT
Origamiscienceguy: Jack-of-all-trades (survivor)
TheDarkStar: some town-friendly
Comerade Shamrock: ?
DeathSword: ?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 22, 2015, 10:29:32 pm »

origami[/i]: What was the exact result on Perseus? What was your investigation ability called?
I found a wide variety of trinkets, paged through his journal, and found several well-drawn images of the landscape, but nothing incriminating.  My interviews likewise turned up no knowledge of suspicious activities on his part.

My inspection ability is:
(Night, 1-shot) Inspect [target]: (Inspect the target's belongings and interview other soldiers, determining the target's alignment from the results.)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 22, 2015, 10:37:22 pm »

I'm a vanilla townie, basically.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57