Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57

Author Topic: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Game Over! Town, Town-Ally, and Survivor Victory!  (Read 110230 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Overlord, Day Five: Day Five: 6/13 Remain
« Reply #660 on: January 22, 2015, 04:01:29 pm »

Okay, I didn't want to say this, but my final one-shot ability is the ability to frame someone. Since I haven't framed someone yet, maybe that is why I appear mafia
Ok, that sounds like bullshit.
I would think that the ability to frame someone would not be in the hands of anyone but scum. The fact that you hesitate to mention this is only more proof of such.
origamiscienceguy

I'm not inclined to believe what DA says is true, but I'm less inclined to believe you.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 22, 2015, 04:02:31 pm »

pfp
aah you guys got me [5]
but I don't understand it [7]
Time to become dead [5]
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 22, 2015, 04:04:55 pm »

If you want, I can plant evidence on TDS tonight. I am not sure why I received that ability since I didn't see a purpose in it, but that is why I haven't used it yet.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 22, 2015, 04:09:26 pm »

I would assume that we have a doctor/jailkeeper who has made 2 saves so far, night 1 and night 4.
A roleblocker is also possible. Until you claimed that kill (and Deus said you inspected as Mafia) I thought we had a SK on the loose. Maybe we still do, although by this point it seems a lot of people with kills.

OSG: Why you being a Jack would prevent flarbot from being a Jack, regardless of alignment? Both TolyK and Deus are cops, by the looks of it. And if one Jack was scum, what prevents another from also being scum?

Holy shit 6 ninjas.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 22, 2015, 04:10:09 pm »

EBWOP:

If you want, I can plant evidence on TDS tonight. I am not sure why I received that ability since I didn't see a purpose in it, but that is why I haven't used it yet.
So Deus can waste a night target someone he knows is town?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 22, 2015, 04:15:06 pm »

OSG: Why you being a Jack would prevent flarbot from being a Jack, regardless of alignment? Both TolyK and Deus are cops, by the looks of it. And if one Jack was scum, what prevents another from also being scum?
It was also mainly because I fed him the information, and he didn't even know what a Jack of all Trades was.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 22, 2015, 04:18:02 pm »

origami, are you claiming to be a third party JOAT or a town JOAT? Because planting evidence that makes someone look like scum doesn't make a whole lot of sense in either case.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 22, 2015, 04:23:11 pm »

I am 3rd party with a wincon: survivor. Maybe the framer was to get rid of the Godfather if there is one.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 22, 2015, 04:25:33 pm »

Or I was expected to survive till the mafia won and frame townspeople. That makes slightly more sense. But it is not my intention.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 22, 2015, 04:26:56 pm »

It was also mainly because I fed him the information, and he didn't even know what a Jack of all Trades was.
origamiscienceguy I myself never saw JOAT used in mafia before. Role like that? Sure, but actually calling it that? No. But that derail aside: does that power say anything about it incriminating you until you use it? Because I can see it having zero use to town and maybe use to anti-town third parties (like an SK or outsider, but not a survivor)... Deus, what was the flavour text for your action, in general terms?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 22, 2015, 04:35:54 pm »

I am SPC Mei Yaochuan, a chineese immigrant who was deployed to the western front by my suppiriors, over my protests. I am a military engineer specialized in many areas of combat. My job is to report to the chinese government about about the occurances on the western front. I was not aware of a German spy circle within the 1st Infantry Division, but my job requires that any information regarding them is safely sent.

Role: Chineese soldier
Wincon: Survivor (you win if you survive when another faction wins)
Abilities:
(Night, one-shot) Plant Evidence [target]
(Night, one-shot) Hidden Pistol[target]
(Night, one-shot) Investigate [target]
(night, one-shot) Protect [target]

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 22, 2015, 04:40:51 pm »

OSG: You claim to be a survivor, yet why would you attract attention to yourself by claiming a kill? A survivor is supposed to lay low, pretend to be unimportant. By claiming a kill, you attract attention to yourself. Furthermore, none of those make sense to a survivor. To a chinese spy? Sure. To a survivor, whose job is pretty hard already and thus usually has skills related to protecting oneself? No.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 22, 2015, 04:43:38 pm »

I claimed the kill so everybody would know my reasons before i got found out by either the cop or the watchman. I thought that that would make me seem justified but now everybody is freaking out.

As for my abilities, I don't know why I got them. This is a bastard game so they don't have to make sense.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 22, 2015, 05:13:15 pm »

His result was the same as the one TolyK got on flabort; a few miscellaneous items and a small roll of codes. That's why I'm hesitant to go after it when flabort had died the night before, he might have had some passive ability that transfers his result to someone else.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 22, 2015, 05:16:40 pm »

His result was the same as the one TolyK got on flabort; a few miscellaneous items and a small roll of codes. That's why I'm hesitant to go after it when flabort had died the night before, he might have had some passive ability that transfers his result to someone else.
Flarbot turned out to be scum, though.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57